Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2017, 05:05 PM
RE: Korea
(26-08-2017 02:35 PM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  
(26-08-2017 02:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  But again, that's kinda common when a new administration takes over...All those people weren't listed either. So, let's take him off the list...that means 4 Obama people (that weren't in positions of US Attorney) and one Head Usher...

Still no where near the 3/4 you're claiming that the MAJORITY on this list were Obama people.

Actually I did some quick math in my head when I posted my response and I still stand by it. If you remove the resignations and only count the firings (the list says it's people fired but the majority are resignations). If we add ALL of the resignations and count them as firings then the list is much bigger. If we only count the true "you're fired" people then who do we have? Preet Bharara, James Comey. Sally Yates. Come to think of it...has Trump actually fired anyone except Obama people? My 3/4 was way off. It's like 100% Obama people "FIRED." Trump has had people come and go from his staff but none of the major players were directly fired the way Comey, Yates or P.B. was. We either count resignations or we don't. If we do, the list is HUGE with Obama appointees that were ordered to quit.

The thing with Preet was that he was asked to stay when the others were let go, and not long afterwards he was fired.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
26-08-2017, 06:23 PM
(25-08-2017 10:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  This is tragic.

Yes it is. They just wallow in it. They flaunt it.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
27-08-2017, 12:52 AM
You can make stupid people answering geography questions videos anywhere in the world if you're willing to edit out the people who answer correctly. As funny as these videos are, you can't really draw any rational conclusions from them.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
27-08-2017, 06:19 AM
(27-08-2017 12:52 AM)yakherder Wrote:  You can make stupid people answering geography questions videos anywhere in the world if you're willing to edit out the people who answer correctly. As funny as these videos are, you can't really draw any rational conclusions from them.

You obviously haven't played gigs in large hotels full of American tourists. Smile

A Texan once told me how much bigger than Australia Texas is. "Really?" Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
27-08-2017, 07:45 AM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 07:57 AM by yakherder.)
(27-08-2017 06:19 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(27-08-2017 12:52 AM)yakherder Wrote:  You can make stupid people answering geography questions videos anywhere in the world if you're willing to edit out the people who answer correctly. As funny as these videos are, you can't really draw any rational conclusions from them.

You obviously haven't played gigs in large hotels full of American tourists. Smile

A Texan once told me how much bigger than Australia Texas is. "Really?" Big Grin

Oh I'm not saying there aren't stupid people who are American. Only that it's not exclusive to Americans. In Canada I run into conversations on a regular basis where I'll start talking about some random news story and it'll become quickly evident that the person I'm talking to is using the terms North Korea, South Korea, China, and Japan as if they were interchangeable. And if it's something more obscure, forget it. I tried discussing the situation with Bhutan recently at work and it became quickly evident that most of the people in the conversation were only vaguely aware of its existence, let alone its significance or location on a map.

And when I was teaching in China... Holy shit. Yeah, they might be able to find North Korea. It's their neighbor, after all. Branch out any farther than that and they could give the dumbest of Americans a run for their money.

And I've given up on trying to explain the difference between Washington State and D.C. to people. I just say I'm from the Seattle area. The reality is that people worldwide just don't tend to learn things that aren't immediately relevant to them. And most people on either side of the North Korea debate don't know a damn thing about the situation beyond what they regurgitate from the news whether they can locate it on a map or not.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 7 users Like yakherder's post
27-08-2017, 03:42 PM
I agree. Sadly in America the population seems more willing to engage in warfare, or is terrified of these countries with which they are ignorant.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
27-08-2017, 04:36 PM
(27-08-2017 03:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I agree. Sadly in America the population seems more willing to engage in warfare, or is terrified of these countries with which they are ignorant.

There are a lot of very badly educated people here. Everything is decided by emotion. It's a scary thing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
27-08-2017, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 27-08-2017 05:26 PM by GirlyMan.)
(27-08-2017 06:19 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

Should've told him it's like a continental divide between the two in terms of hectares. Big Grin

[Image: snizrot.png]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
27-08-2017, 06:44 PM
That map has the Pacific ocean listed as the Coral sea?

The Coral see is further north and to the west. Smile

Map must've been drawn by an American. Big Grin

Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
28-08-2017, 04:46 PM
(27-08-2017 06:44 PM)Banjo Wrote:  That map has the Pacific ocean listed as the Coral sea?

The Coral see is further north and to the west. Smile

Map must've been drawn by an American. Big Grin

Hmmm ... I just went on the internet (don't have an atlas handy) and looked at about a dozen different maps of the Coral Sea. Every one of them shows it in pretty much the same place as Girly's map. Maybe they were all drawn by Americans?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post