Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2017, 01:51 PM
RE: Korea
(05-07-2017 01:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  The current administration in the US will eventually end.
You guys voted GWB for two terms!

(05-07-2017 01:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  China is merely taking advantage of the current situation.
Sounds smart.

(05-07-2017 01:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  In any case, I'm not worried about China. For previously mentioned reasons, I can benefit personally from a strengthened China and, while I don't believe for a second that most of China's leadership gives half a shit about the environment, they're tactical minded enough to realize that playing the game to impress the word benefits them more economically than trashing the environment to cut costs.
They have been handed this position from the incumbent who has decided to hide away in their corner of the world. Coming out once and a while just to poke sticks at life forms outside its own selfmade enclosure.

(05-07-2017 01:42 PM)yakherder Wrote:  It's North Korea and their increasing level of cooperation with Russia that is an issue, given that the only failed solutions accepted by the increasingly soft and complacent global organizations attempting to control their actions are begging and more sanctions.

Whether you position yourself to feed off the global leverage imposed by the US or China, you'll be competing with an increasingly influential counter alliance that will hinder your ability to achieve your objectives, whatever they might be.

Personally I wish China would invade North Korea, thereby cutting off Russia from direct access and forcing us to turn our attention elsewhere.
China is not going to invade, its not in their nature. USA on the other hand, has a bunch of Dirty Harry, Rambo wanna bee's who love guns and military might and want to rule the world. They also have an idiot president who is appealing to those people.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2017, 01:54 PM
(05-07-2017 12:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I would define both as acts of aggression and base my approval or disapproval on which country or alliance would benefit me, those I care about, or my own allies were it to have the leverage to attempt to impose its will.

They fired another missile into the sea. So what's the big deal? And the allies in the region would be wiped out in any case, if their dear ally would take action against NK. You basically admitted in another post that you couldn't care less, calling the world a chess board to be used. But to provoke nuclear conflict is quite a different puppy. This would concern all of us, your hide included, since even if we don't give a shit about the people living there, the global economy would be in tatters once Seoul is turned to cinder.

All NK does is to promote their life insurance to the world. I certainly hope that at least the US military advisors have some shreds of sanity left and aren't Lemay's brothers in spirit.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
05-07-2017, 02:09 PM
(05-07-2017 01:54 PM)abaris Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 12:34 PM)yakherder Wrote:  I would define both as acts of aggression and base my approval or disapproval on which country or alliance would benefit me, those I care about, or my own allies were it to have the leverage to attempt to impose its will.

They fired another missile into the sea. So what's the big deal? And the allies in the region would be wiped out in any case, if their dear ally would take action against NK. You basically admitted in another post that you couldn't care less, calling the world a chess board to be used. But to provoke nuclear conflict is quite a different puppy. This would concern all of us, your hide included, since even if we don't give a shit about the people living there, the global economy would be in tatters once Seoul is turned to cinder.

All NK does is to promote their life insurance to the world. I certainly hope that at least the US military advisors have some shreds of sanity left and aren't Lemay's brothers in spirit.

I don't tend to be emotionally reactive, and I do acknowledge the never ending strategic nature of global affairs and the balance of leverage and recognize that not being active in this game isn't really a choice, but that doesn't necessarily mean I don't give a shit.

An ideal, though probably unrealistic, outcome for me would be a global alliance with the strength and will to enforce its own initiatives and the eventual obsoletion of the nation concept. If organizations like the UN and NATO weren't underfunded and complacent, individual superpower nations would not be viable and what we now define as international disputes would fall under the category of law enforcement.

'Murican Canadian
05-07-2017, 02:49 PM
Still leaves the nukes and Seoul only a few miles removed from the border. It would be madness with or without the UN. And NATO is a bad joke at the best of times. Something that should have died once the Warszaw pact dissolved.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post
05-07-2017, 03:14 PM
(05-07-2017 01:47 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 01:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Yeah - we do so good with "regime change."

Meanwhile, this is the reality the world faces.

[Image: 2shitheads.jpg]

And besides, proxy wars are more of a Hillary thing. Trump isn't subtle enough for that kind of tactic. He prefers strategies he can tweet about.

I can see him tweeting plans the way Geraldo Rivera drew them out in the sand during Desert Storm, before an operation proceeded. It didn't end up hurting the operation much, since Iraq basically had no communications besides peops in Jeeps after their communications infrastructure really wasn't there much, by then.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
05-07-2017, 03:45 PM
It seems that the Orange Turd is not big on developing strategies. He prefers to copy them.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/trumps-s...ly-obamas/

Quote:Trump’s ‘secret plan’ to crush ISIS is actually Obama’s

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
05-07-2017, 03:47 PM
(05-07-2017 11:45 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(05-07-2017 09:12 AM)Lord Dark Helmet Wrote:  Aye. Republicans join the military 2 to 1 over democrats. The U.S. Military is about 25% democrat, 50% Republican and 25% right leaning independent.

We are not afraid to fight.
Oh, I don't think its about fear. I'm not afraid to go out in public without a gun.

It seems to me that many republicans are just busting to get into a fight. Like they are either angry at something or feel some need to prove themselves, how manly they are.

It's a dick-measuring contest.

[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
05-07-2017, 05:19 PM
Nothing will come of this. NoKor is touting their insurance policy, Trump is praying for China to do our work, and the Chinese and Russians are both trying to leverage this to limit SoKor/USA cooperation and particularly the ABM shield. Neither the US nor NoKor will back away from stated policy for fear of losing face, and the Sino-Soviet proposal will be -- in fact, already is -- dead on arrival.
06-07-2017, 10:48 AM
(04-07-2017 06:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do sanctions even work against NK? The countries so poor and dominated by the ruling elite that I would think all it would do is make the regular people suffer more. Not that the ruling elite seem to give a shit about that.

A solution, to avoid war, might be too support/fund a coup to form a government that's much more willing to talks.

Now, now. It isn't the government's job to provide for the governed! Those poor north Koreans need to stop being so lazy and pull themselves up by the bootstraps!

/sarchasm

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
06-07-2017, 12:37 PM
Quote:It seems to me that many republicans are just busting to get into a fight. Like they are either angry at something or feel some need to prove themselves, how manly they are.

As long as some other person's children do the actual fighting.

Republicunt chickenhawks always remind me of this scene from Gettysburg. Not the best acted movie in history but Sam Elliott does a fine turn as General Buford here.