Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-08-2017, 07:27 AM
RE: Korea
(09-08-2017 06:31 AM)Marozz Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 01:02 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  I am with Abaris.

NK Dictators have treatened SK and the world in general countless times over the past 50 years. What have they done so far. A.so.fuckin.lutely.nothing.

The only people they are kiling are their own, Stalin style. The only territory they are occupying is NK. The only people suffering are NK people.

The army is to hold their own people hostage, the long range artillery and now ICBMs is to told the rest of the worl hostage. Doesnt mean they are going to use that shit, but surely they wont start a war. They havent in the past 50 years, why should they now?

Mad as Kim Jong Un is, I don't think the prick has a suicide wish. He knows that as soon as he fires a missile in the direction Guam, Japan of wherever, North Korea will be wiped off the face of the earth. Trump, another prize gobshite, wont strike first (as much as he'd like to) . Even he knows that a North Korean artillery barrage would level Seoul and piss off the Chinese. Sanctions are a waste of time so, eventually, after all the sabre rattling, both sides will have to sit down and negotiate some sort of settlement.

I agree with this 100% its all puff and bluster nothing will happen beyond the sanctions and sabre rattling.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2017, 08:12 AM
(08-08-2017 06:38 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 06:17 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  In my opinion, if Trump starts a Second Korean War without congressional approval, and hundreds of thousands die in South Korea as a consequence, congress could impeach Trump on that alone.

"If" he does, sure. It's seem to violate the laws regulating civilian military leadership absent an immediate threat.

Our best hope, I think, is if China intervenes by cutting off oil and food to North Korea, to try to pressure Un to be reasonable. Trump, on the other hand, is playing right into Un's fear of a U.S. first strike, which is what he uses to justify his nuclear program to begin with.
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
09-08-2017, 08:20 AM
I can only imagine how insanely apeshit Trump supporters would be going if Obama had ever made a statement like Trump did on North Korea.
[+] 2 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
09-08-2017, 08:21 AM
(04-07-2017 06:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Do sanctions even work against NK? The countries so poor and dominated by the ruling elite that I would think all it would do is make the regular people suffer more. Not that the ruling elite seem to give a shit about that.

A solution, to avoid war, might be too support/fund a coup to form a government that's much more willing to talks.

We do that all the time with countries that don't agree with us. We don't do it there, because either they are not able to be infiltrated (I highly doubt this one) or they are serving some kind of purpose (a distraction maybe). Then again, maybe because they are not sitting on oil. Just sayin.
09-08-2017, 09:25 AM
Trump knows the wrestling scene and that means he knows "trash talk". Un trash talked at Trump, Trump trash talks back.

That could be all it is, or one of them could get enraged and shit will hit the fan.

I hope our checks and balances are in working order, Trump said previously that he knows better than the generals...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
09-08-2017, 09:28 AM
(09-08-2017 09:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump knows the wrestling scene and that means he knows "trash talk". Un trash talked at Trump, Trump trash talks back.

That could be all it is, or one of them could get enraged and shit will hit the fan.

I hope our checks and balances are in working order, Trump said previously that he knows better than the generals...

Let's just hope our generals know better than to listen to him and obey his command if it includes a first strike of some kind.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
09-08-2017, 09:43 AM
(09-08-2017 09:28 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(09-08-2017 09:25 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump knows the wrestling scene and that means he knows "trash talk". Un trash talked at Trump, Trump trash talks back.

Let's just hope our generals know better than to listen to him and obey his command if it includes a first strike of some kind.

We don't have the balls for a first strike. I don't even think we would retaliate with nukes if we were nuked first. In the event of an EMP attack that causes massive power problems and knocks out civilian electronics, the government would topple pretty quickly. It is impossible to tax people that can't go to work and earn money. Our country has so much debt, an EMP attack could finish us in a way that landing even multiple nukes would never accomplish. Wouldn't take but a month or so with no power for the people to start eating each other.
09-08-2017, 09:53 AM
(08-08-2017 09:55 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 07:08 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  Congress LOVES being taken off the hook for any real responsibility so if the shit hits the fan they can say "We gave the executive power to make that decision, it's not our fault!"

When the stakes are nuclear, the calculus changes.

I don't know, spineless runs pretty deep and political courage is pretty rare. I hope you're right and there is some kind of bi-partisan joint congressional team meeting with Trump demanding to be in on the loop with full information on what Trump is planning to do, if anything, and why. I guess the old War Powers Act is still in effect and legally Trump could "shock and awe" first and explain to Congress later...but Congress needs to take the initiative and force their way in on the decision making.

[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
09-08-2017, 10:00 AM
What kind of President threatens war over Twitter?

This is humiliating.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 4 users Like Loom's post
09-08-2017, 10:07 AM
(08-08-2017 03:22 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Also -- if you have a way to take out Kim Jong-whatever (I have trouble keeping the names straight) and only him, I might not have such a big problem with that. But it would be criminal to kill millions of innocent North Korean citizens (who are his victims, if anything) just because we're wetting our pants in fear. We used to be better than that.
No the same situations but I'm not sure about being better than this - Native Americans would disagree, same with slaves in days past, Japanese killed in atomic explosions*, Vietnamese, Iraquis... USA I would say wasn't better than this - it's no evil empire to be sure but it's past isn't exactly story of moral superiority.

*Heard it was legitimate military action. But I also heard that it was a crime done to show Stalin US new toy.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post