Korea

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-04-2017, 08:42 PM
RE: Korea
(15-04-2017 08:04 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I recall reading an article awhile back about dictators and bridge building, and how the process gets messed up by that style of "leadership". I'm too lazy to look it up, but I will say that lining generals up and executing them in public is going to remove all the people who will take a risk to tell you that you're all wet. Eventually, everybody will kowtow, but your bridge, rocket, building, etc., is going to be way over budget and could fall down or blow up or fall over at any time.

Not to mention that every time this happens he ends up having to train all new rocket scientists.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2017, 10:32 PM
Latest news I heard NK fired a missile. But it miss fired.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
15-04-2017, 10:43 PM
I don't like how North Korea is treated in the media since Kim Jung Il deaths. There is a unhealthy mix between fearmongering and mockery in their presentation. It feels like we are prepping the public opinion for war. ''The enemy is dangerous, we must destroy him; but they are also morons so it will be easy". A war with North Korea would be the greatest humanitarian disaster since the end of the Korean War in 53. It would have the potential to completly destroy South Korea economy not because of the probable bombing of its capital, but because of the tens of million of dirt poor, illeterate and malnourished refugees who would swarm the southern frontier. North Korea needs to be treated for what it is: a third world country who suffers more often of famine than Ethiopia. We have no solid plan on how to deal with almost 25 million impovrished people living in a completly bankrupt state.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
16-04-2017, 03:59 AM
My view fwiw, either this will fizzle out to nothing or become the greatest international incident since the Cuban missile crisis.
16-04-2017, 06:56 AM
(15-04-2017 10:43 PM)epronovost Wrote:  ...
We have no solid plan on how to deal with almost 25 million impoverished people living in a completely bankrupt state.

I think I have a solution...

North Korea:
Area = 120,540 km^2
Population = 25 million

Kansas:
Area = 213,100 km^2
Population = 3 million

Plenty of room. And the economy can only improve.

Angel

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
16-04-2017, 07:18 AM
(16-04-2017 06:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
We have no solid plan on how to deal with almost 25 million impoverished people living in a completely bankrupt state.

North Korea:
Area = 120,540 km^2
Population = 25 million

Kansas:
Area = 213,100 km^2
Population = 3 million

Angel
Mmm yeeesss, something tells me that somehow the Americans won't go for that, I cant imagine why Big Grin but I can imagine lord dark helmet and pals forming an armed posse and heading straight for Kansas.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
16-04-2017, 08:20 AM
(16-04-2017 06:56 AM)DLJ Wrote:  

North Korea:
Area = 120,540 km^2
Population = 25 million

Kansas:
Area = 213,100 km^2
Population = 3 million

Angel

Sounds ok to me and the majority of our Kanza-Koreans seem to like it here. We all unite in bitching about our shitty, shitty weather. Thumbsup

Of course, we don't have an ocean to test nukes so, it might be a problem for a certain rolly-polly dictatorial maniac but hey, can't please everyone. Shy

I say ... Bring on the kimchi! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-04-2017, 08:37 AM
Sorry if this may have been mentioned before but it's just an observation ...

The mass of people who made up the parade and show was impressive. I saw maybe a couple hundred people there watching it all. Where was everyone? I thought it was a national holiday - a celebration of the 100 something birthday of fearless fatty's grandpa.

Here in the US, the streets would have been lined and packed to the barricades with citizenry. Do they just not have enough people to admire the fruits of their slavery labor? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
16-04-2017, 08:51 AM
Do you have a link to anything pertaining to attendance?

I wonder if people even knew, and even then if they knew if they were supposed to go or not.

It's hard to figure what's going on people's heads over there. What, if hardly anything, is said even behind closed doors. What a fucking place.
16-04-2017, 08:58 AM
(16-04-2017 08:51 AM)ImFred Wrote:  Do you have a link to anything pertaining to attendance?

I wonder if people even knew, and even then if they knew if they were supposed to go or not.

It's hard to figure what's going on people's heads over there. What, if hardly anything, is said even behind closed doors. What a fucking place.

I was only able to see what was shown from all the news briefings. There just seemed to be so few people in attendance - from what I could view.