Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-11-2010, 01:29 PM

Korean conflict
http://www.csmonitor.com/World/terrorism...nse-border
Quote this message in a reply
23-11-2010, 02:01 PM
RE: Korean conflict
How much more does the world have to put up with from this half-wit moron before they just take him and his despicable regime out? Yes, I know it will cause a lot of short term pain but the long term benefits of it are considerable.

And, it will really, really, really piss China off.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Hm. I wonder if I have anything to worry about, being in Japan at the moment. Tongue

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-11-2010, 08:16 AM
I'm sure the Japanese are not at all happy with these latest developments. The North Koreans threaten Japan every time something like this happens, and they have the missiles to possible hit Japan.

I think if South Korea crosses the DMZ and that deviant misfit feels he's in real danger of losing control, there is a real chance he will start shooting his missiles at everyone, including Japan.

Hopefully you're home long before it degenerates to that point, if it eve does.

24-11-2010, 05:21 PM

What reason does China even have to support North Korea anymore? Are they still trying to make an outmoded idealogical statement? Neither the Chinese nor North Korean are communist, they are just douchebags.

As for invading North Korea and kicking this punk's ass, I would fully support it if it wasn't so tricky.

First of all, how would China react? We don't want a replay of the latter part of the Korean war. The government may be much more open and modernized than it was back then, but as I mentioned earlier, it is essentially a douchebag.

Secondly, regime change is a nasty affair, as Iraq and Afghanistan have shown. The people are so brainwashed in North Korea I wonder if they would even accept the removal of the man that has been oppressing them. What do you offer them in return? Democracy? Annexation by South Korea? Annexation by China?

Democracy is a tricky affair for the US. If election results don't go the way the US government wants, they are caught in an embarrassing affair where they have to tamper with the results, or be directly involved with their puppet's campaign. I never trust the notion that the may be benevolent. It only acts to protect its own interests, as it did in Iraq.

An alternative would be to send in a UN peacekeeping force, but the North Korean army isn't a piece of cardboard. You need a proficient military to deal with it, and unfortunately only China and the US can provide this in the region. Bilateral action would be unprecedented and amazing, but I doubt it would happen.

Then, there are the sheer amounts of ordinances that North Korea has pointed at South Korea, especially Seoul, that are ready to go on a moment's notice if anything goes wrong. An invasion would involve massive initial civilian casualties.

Then, of course, there is the prospect of the nuke....

In summary, we might just have to let the regime die out. Perhaps at the moment of Kim Jong Il's death, in the transition phase as power is handed down to his son, something could be done, but I don't know. I'm just a teenager rambling on.
24-11-2010, 05:31 PM

I'd like to see the fenageling that would have to ensue, for the U.S. to get China's support, if we did decide to kick north Korea's ass. NK has a huge army, made so because if the people want to eat they'll join. If they don't join, they stand to starve to death.

About the only way to pull something like that off, would be to kidnap KJI and his number 1 son and disappear them. No public and brutal assassinations, just scoop and run. The shock wave that would occur first thing in the morning when they were found to be missing, would have to be preempted by a full on strike against the Presidential quarters and all heads of State. (Think Tet Offensive) And then the surge from all three points of access. Air, sea, land.
As for KJI and baby boy, they are simply never heard from again.
Talk about sending one hell of a shiver up the spine of Iran's leadership. Wink
24-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Quote:What reason does China even have to support North Korea anymore?

They have 2 reasons:
1. If NK falls, then there will be a major humanitarian issue sitting on their boarder and they won't want to deal with the potential influx of humanity coming over the boarder; and
2. if the regime falls, the most likely outcome is reunification with South Korea and the North being folded into the government of the existing South Korean government. This would put a US ally sitting right on China's boarder, an ally who has shown a lot of willingness to allow the US to put military bases on their soil. That will be a major issue for China.

As for regime change, you're right that it's not so easy as some would like us to believe. But, I think North Korea would be a bit more like East Germany then it would Iraq or Afghanistan. It would take some time and be ugly at first, but the biggest problem you have with the mass population is not that they are fanatics, but that they are starving. A little food would go a long way. You also don't have the various factions fighting the way you do in both Iraq and Afghanistan.

Again, I don't want to underestimate the challenges to it, but I don't think that Iraq and Afghanistan are the proper analogies.

25-11-2010, 02:33 PM

South Korea's defense chief resigns after North Korea attack

Oh, well that makes it all better. It was all his choice to push the button. Yeahhh, we get that.
25-11-2010, 08:31 PM
If it does come to war, I think China will either stay neutral, or be forced to side with South Korea and supporting forces. China is still industrialising, and if it wants to continue to do so, it wouldn't be wise for them to be on the opposite side of a war against the US, since China is economically tied to the western economies.

Of course, I'm hoping that it doesn't come to war, 'cause if it does, Canada will be back there for sure o.0

"Remember, my friend, that knowledge is stronger than memory, and we should not trust the weaker." - Dr. Van Helsing, Dracula
25-11-2010, 09:38 PM
If you've got some money laying around, I would not use it to bet that China will take South Korea's side in this conflict. I have no idea what China will or won't do and won't pretend any special insight but, from what I know of the region and the politics, I'm inclined to think the least likely outcome is China siding with South Korea.