Krispy Update

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-11-2015, 08:59 AM
RE: Krispy Update
(16-11-2015 07:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 09:52 AM)yakherder Wrote:  When you're not emotionally tied to an outcome, that's when you have freedom of action. The day you learn to not give a shit, you are truly free Smile

When you give up hope, it all becomes so much easier. Smile

Marvin?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-11-2015, 09:11 AM
I still have hope. I hope, for example, that while on my morning jog through the woods I'll get attacked by a murderous clown and I'll have the opportunity to show his amateur ass what a real predator looks like and not even go to jail for it. But I recognize that this is not likely, and therefore try not to allow my emotional state to be dependent on it happening.

Normal people might apply the same principle to a relationship, for example. Sure, do everything you can to make it work, and hope that it does. But accept from the beginning that it may fail rather than investing yourself to the point where your entire state of being is based its success. If you make a habit of doing this in any given situation, you are statistically likely to die disappointed and unfulfilled.

Just another way of saying hope for the best, prepare for the worst, but in regards to emotional state as well, rather than just physical preparation.

'Murican Canadian
17-11-2015, 09:45 AM
(17-11-2015 08:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(16-11-2015 07:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  When you give up hope, it all becomes so much easier. Smile

Marvin?

Life, loathe it or ignore it, you can’t like it.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
17-11-2015, 09:54 AM
(17-11-2015 09:11 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I still have hope. I hope, for example, that while on my morning jog through the woods I’ll get attacked by a murderous clown...

yakherder, that might be the funniest and at the same most frightening thing I’ve read on this forum. Gasp Laugh out load Shocking

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-12-2015, 11:44 AM
Well I have been denied a medical discharge due to misconduct even though i detailed that the misconduct came from lack of help. So now I'm being generally discharged which means I can't use my GI bill which I put well over the time to be eligible for. Go military lol. I honestly expected it to be like this. So for all those thinking of joining keep in mind that if you really need help you might get dropped on your face like I did.
05-12-2015, 11:50 AM
(05-12-2015 11:44 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Well I have been denied a medical discharge due to misconduct even though i detailed that the misconduct came from lack of help. So now I'm being generally discharged which means I can't use my GI bill which I put well over the time to be eligible for. Go military lol. I honestly expected it to be like this. So for all those thinking of joining keep in mind that if you really need help you might get dropped on your face like I did.

Hug I am so sorry they are making this so difficult for you--especially when it seems like you are trying to do everything you can to get help and they keep putting up roadblocks. Does not seem to be any way to be treating people who served for our country. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.
05-12-2015, 12:35 PM
(05-12-2015 11:50 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(05-12-2015 11:44 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  Well I have been denied a medical discharge due to misconduct even though i detailed that the misconduct came from lack of help. So now I'm being generally discharged which means I can't use my GI bill which I put well over the time to be eligible for. Go military lol. I honestly expected it to be like this. So for all those thinking of joining keep in mind that if you really need help you might get dropped on your face like I did.

Hug I am so sorry they are making this so difficult for you--especially when it seems like you are trying to do everything you can to get help and they keep putting up roadblocks. Does not seem to be any way to be treating people who served for our country. I'm so sorry you are going through all of this.

Thanks jennybee. It's crazy because I have senior hearing about this and one has decided he's done and not reenlisting next year. It's been discouraging seeing how they've treated me even after we've had one suicide related to these issues. I'm just getting as far away from this as possible.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post