Kudo's to Neil Degrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2015, 02:47 PM
Wink Kudo's to Neil Degrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku

Neil Degrasse Tyson does not believe in any organized Religion and does not believe that there is a personal God who answers prayers. But as to the question of whether there is a Supreme Being whose nature is unknowable or whether the Universe came into existence through 'Spontaneous Creation' - Professor Tyson is decidely Agnostic. This has brought down hatred, vitriol, and rage from Atheists who cannot stand the thought of a Scientist with his stature not agreeing with them. You Tube is full of 'Ad Hominum' attacks against him by religiously fanactical Atheists. As a Buddhist, I believe in a 'Supreme Consciousness'. But the fact that Neil Degrasse Tyson is a free-thinker and is not intimidated by either Fundamentalists or Atheists makes him my Hero. Kudo's to you Professor Tyson. Michio Kaku has stated: "The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle has settled the Free Will-Determinism debate in favor of Free Will". This has brought condemnation down upon him from Atheists who feel that Free Will implys a God who passes judgement on people who acted in accordance with their Free Will. But Professor Kaku never stated that there is a Supreme Being who passes Judgement. He simply stated that we have Introspection and Free Will. Fortunently, Professor Kaku does not change his rationalism or logic to appease militant Atheists. Kudo's to you Professor Kaku.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2015, 03:06 PM
RE: Kudo's to Neil Degrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku
cool story bro
[Image: gnostic-spectrum.png]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
12-04-2015, 03:07 PM
(12-04-2015 02:47 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  This has brought down hatred, vitriol, and rage from Atheists who cannot stand the thought of a Scientist with his stature not agreeing with them.

Citation needed

Quote:This has brought condemnation down upon him from Atheists who feel that Free Will implys a God who passes judgement on people who acted in accordance with their Free Will.

Citation needed

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
12-04-2015, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2015 03:15 PM by Alex K.)
Jebus, does Michio Kaku piss me off. He is not a good scientist in my view, and not a rigorous science communicator. His interview at the SGU was the last straw that convinced me that he's about selling hype, not clear and critical thinking.

NdGT is the opposite of that, a good man (everybody has flaws)

I'm glad for you that you found so many people on youtube you can feel superior to (isn't that where we all turn when our egos need a boost), but I don't know any such furious fundamentalist atheists...

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
[+] 2 users Like Alex K's post
12-04-2015, 03:12 PM
(12-04-2015 02:47 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  
Neil Degrasse Tyson does not believe in any organized Religion and does not believe that there is a personal God who answers prayers. But as to the question of whether there is a Supreme Being whose nature is unknowable or whether the Universe came into existence through 'Spontaneous Creation' - Professor Tyson is decidely Agnostic. This has brought down hatred, vitriol, and rage from Atheists who cannot stand the thought of a Scientist with his stature not agreeing with them. You Tube is full of 'Ad Hominum' attacks against him by religiously fanactical Atheists. As a Buddhist, I believe in a 'Supreme Consciousness'. But the fact that Neil Degrasse Tyson is a free-thinker and is not intimidated by either Fundamentalists or Atheists makes him my Hero. Kudo's to you Professor Tyson. Michio Kaku has stated: "The Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle has settled the Free Will-Determinism debate in favor of Free Will". This has brought condemnation down upon him from Atheists who feel that Free Will implys a God who passes judgement on people who acted in accordance with their Free Will. But Professor Kaku never stated that there is a Supreme Being who passes Judgement. He simply stated that we have Introspection and Free Will. Fortunently, Professor Kaku does not change his rationalism or logic to appease militant Atheists. Kudo's to you Professor Kaku.

I'd be willing to bet that more atheists appreciate these two for their talents at making abstruse concepts accessible to laymen.

I'd also be willing to bet you're equivocating different meanings of the term "free will", namely, the materialist sense and the Christian theological sense.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
12-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Btw, doesn't Buddhism teach that thou shalt not form plural nouns with grocers' apostrophes?

Quantum Physics: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
12-04-2015, 04:17 PM
(12-04-2015 03:09 PM)Alex K Wrote:  Jebus, does Michio Kaku piss me off. He is not a good scientist in my view, and not a rigorous science communicator. His interview at the SGU was the last straw that convinced me that he's about selling hype, not clear and critical thinking.

NdGT is the opposite of that, a good man (everybody has flaws)

I'm glad for you that you found so many people on youtube you can feel superior to (isn't that where we all turn when our egos need a boost), but I don't know any such furious fundamentalist atheists...

I remember that interview on SGU. I'd already been hearing some not so great stuff about him, and then that abrupt end to the interview, just as they were about to press him on some of the criticism he'd recently received... Yikes.
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
12-04-2015, 04:28 PM
Good, so it wasn't just me who thought that was embarrassing...

12-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Another turnip from resurrection season. I thought you disappeared into your navel permanently. Angel

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
12-04-2015, 04:43 PM
Oh, look, this guy.

Every few months he drives by to shit out another content-free sanctimonious turd of an OP, and then merrily gambols off to presumably continue his vapid pseudo-commentary elsewhere.

No, I don't quite see the point either.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post