Kudo's to Neil Degrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2015, 05:15 PM
RE: Kudo's to Neil Degrasse Tyson and Michio Kaku
(12-04-2015 03:07 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(12-04-2015 02:47 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  This has brought down hatred, vitriol, and rage from Atheists who cannot stand the thought of a Scientist with his stature not agreeing with them.

Citation needed

Quote:This has brought condemnation down upon him from Atheists who feel that Free Will implys a God who passes judgement on people who acted in accordance with their Free Will.

Citation needed

I concur with all of this. Both of those scientists are beloved by millions, not because of their "atheism" or whatever their beliefs are. We could care less about what they believe in. We love them because 1. They never say anything really fucking stupid, hateful, bigoted, retarded, behind the lines of faggotry ( when I say faggotry I am not referring to homosexuals.) or anything like that. and 2. They are very VERY entertaining people to listen too and we learn from them when they speak about science and discoveries that are super exciting that are just waiting to happen any minute now!

So, where the fucking hell is your citation from a "credible" source?!Drinking Beverage

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2015, 05:25 PM
(12-04-2015 02:47 PM)Buddhist Alternative Wrote:  Neil Degrasse Tyson does not believe in any organized Religion and does not believe that there is a personal God who answers prayers. But as to the question of whether there is a Supreme Being whose nature is unknowable or whether the Universe came into existence through 'Spontaneous Creation' - Professor Tyson is decidely Agnostic.

Seems strange that there'd be an uproar since that is a fairly common stance for atheists (except maybe for calling it 'spontaneous creation').

Quote:This has brought condemnation down upon him from Atheists who feel that Free Will implys a God who passes judgement on people who acted in accordance with their Free Will.

*implies

Free will would be required for that but it doesn't imply that. Whether or not free will exists, and what exactly is meant by free will, is a common debate topic but it can be supported without needing a god involved in any way.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
13-04-2015, 01:57 AM
Yeah, he posted this on AF as well. I'd be very surprised to hear of any sane atheists being upset with Neil, unless he said something really off that I haven't been informed of. I assume that if he had, it would have been in the OP.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-04-2015, 04:13 AM
Apart from which, NDT is an atheist in that he does not believe in any gods or goddesses.

So there's that.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
13-04-2015, 06:05 AM
(12-04-2015 04:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Oh, look, this guy.

Every few months he drives by to shit out another content-free sanctimonious turd of an OP, and then merrily gambols off to presumably continue his vapid pseudo-commentary elsewhere.

No, I don't quite see the point either.

It's the virtual equivalent of putting a paper bag full of dogshit on your neighbor's doorstep and setting it on fire.....

No real point to it..... Just being an ass, for the sake of being an ass....

Some people live for such things.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-04-2015, 07:11 AM
It's "kudos". Why are you putting an apostrophe in?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-04-2015, 06:01 AM
(13-04-2015 04:13 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Apart from which, NDT is an atheist in that he does not believe in any gods or goddesses.

So there's that.

Drinking Beverage

Indeed, he really doesn't fit much of saying, oh he's just an agnostic anyway, if any most fitting response comes from things he often says it is Apatheist. He's routinely stated how he's not even willing to be at a point of discussing there being a god or not because it's rather meaningless with such arbitrary terms.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson