LA public schools using bibles to teach science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2015, 07:29 PM
RE: LA public schools using bibles to teach science
(23-06-2015 07:02 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 01:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  That's all you've got left Laughat What a pathetic apologist you are, to be sure.

I am the best at what I do..and I prove it by doing it Cool

Dunning-Kruger rears is ugly head. Unless, of course, you mean playing the fool. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2015, 07:31 PM
(23-06-2015 01:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  Or charcoal briquettes?

Or a damn good steak.

If a well-done steak were damn good, it wouldn't require A-1 sauce. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-06-2015, 11:22 PM
(23-06-2015 01:03 PM)morondog Wrote:  That's all you've got left Laughat What a pathetic apologist you are, to be sure.

I am the best at what I do..and I prove it by doing it Cool

So basically, you're admitting that you're a troll?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
25-06-2015, 07:25 PM
(23-06-2015 12:38 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 10:13 AM)Chas Wrote:  The problem is the "well-done". Dodgy

The other problem is men who take pictures cuddling their kittens.

How dare you! I love mittens and if we want to take cute pictures of us cuddling its none ya business!

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
25-06-2015, 07:46 PM
I "fled" Louisiana (my home state; I'm a half-Cajun) in 2002, after a massive round of Creationist "debaters" flooded my college and the local churches, and because I helped one of the professors at my university (along with two other grad students) defeat Ken Hamm's "machine-gun tactic" of rapid-firing questions at the biology professor until he finally hits one that the Prof can't answer-- by setting up a computer with fast internet and a faster printer, hooked up to every evolution university database online, and running the answers to the Prof at the lecturn almost as quickly as the question could be asked-- I became known on campus as "That Evolution Guy". People would recognize me on the way to class, and greet me with "hey, aren't you that evolution guy?" *sigh*

Unfortunately, I got a job with the Kansas Dep't of Environment, in Topeka... right across the street from the KS Board of Education, which immediately started a "debate" during its process of trying to alter the high school biology standards to "teach the controversy" of "Intelligent Design" right alongside... y'know, science. Disgusting. My colleagues and I would go over on our lunch breaks to listen to the public commentary, but unfortunately were restricted to taking notes, as we could not make comments in our roles as government "officials". Quite literally the bulk of the Kansas evolutionary science community was across the street, and unable to participate in this debate. Luckily, the morons were voted out of office in the next election cycle.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
25-06-2015, 10:12 PM
(25-06-2015 07:25 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(23-06-2015 12:38 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  The other problem is men who take pictures cuddling their kittens.

How dare you! I love mittens and if we want to take cute pictures of us cuddling its none ya business!

Kittens or mittens? Why not both?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
28-06-2015, 02:43 AM
(25-06-2015 10:12 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(25-06-2015 07:25 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  How dare you! I love mittens and if we want to take cute pictures of us cuddling its none ya business!

Kittens or mittens? Why not both?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! KITTENS...IN MITTENS!!!!!! GaspBig Grin

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post