LA public schools using bibles to teach science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2015, 05:56 AM
RE: LA public schools using bibles to teach science
(18-06-2015 03:48 AM)Banjo Wrote:  I thought the OP meant Los Angeles.

Louisiana is in dipshit country, right?

I read it first as Los Angeles too. Louisiana is deep in the bible belt, wedged between Texas and Mississippi so it never stood a chance.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
18-06-2015, 06:19 AM
(17-06-2015 08:10 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  What makes me really sad is the fact that evolution is being taught in schools.

Undecided What's a poor deluded twat to do?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
18-06-2015, 12:31 PM
(18-06-2015 02:26 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  Yeah, because you don't want kids learning actual science, incase they start to see through all that bronze age superstition you lot so dearly cling on to, hey?Smartass

Now, now, we don't need your sciencey garbage polluting the minds of our children teaching them facts and evidence and that kind of crap. Teach them to pray and ask for knowledge. If it doesn't magically appear in their heads it wasn't worth knowing.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
18-06-2015, 05:34 PM
(18-06-2015 02:26 AM)LostLegend Wrote:  Yeah, because you don't want kids learning actual science, incase they start to see through all that bronze age superstition you lot so dearly cling on to, hey?Smartass

I guess we disagree on what is actual science.
18-06-2015, 05:39 PM
(18-06-2015 12:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Now, now, we don't need your sciencey garbage polluting the minds of our children teaching them facts and evidence and that kind of crap.

Facts, evidence, and evolution <---- Laugh out load

(18-06-2015 12:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Teach them to pray and ask for knowledge.

Tell them to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.

(18-06-2015 12:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  If it doesn't magically appear in their heads it wasn't worth knowing.

Magically appear? Huh? Ohhh, I get it. You mean magically appear, the same way that reptiles magically evolved into birds. I get it now.
18-06-2015, 05:41 PM
(18-06-2015 06:19 AM)morondog Wrote:  Undecided What's a poor deluded twat to do?

Well, since he believed in evolution, he should abandon that false teaching and embrace Christianity. He can do this by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior, thus receiving the free gift of eternal life.
18-06-2015, 05:48 PM
(18-06-2015 05:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Well, since he believed in evolution, he should abandon that false teaching and embrace Christianity. He can do this by accepting Jesus as Lord and Savior, thus receiving the free gift of eternal life.

Just like the poor sods I watched die in hospital who gave up on their fight because Jesus was waiting for them? Guess what, they are all rotting in their graves. Except those who were burned to ash.

Evolution is a science used in every industry across the world today. Get an education.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
18-06-2015, 05:53 PM
(18-06-2015 05:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Just like the poor sods I watched die in hospital who gave up on their fight because Jesus was waiting for them?

We are all going to die eventually, whether Jesus is with us or not.

(18-06-2015 05:48 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Evolution is a science used in every industry across the world today.

And Christianity is the worlds biggest religion in terms of followers. So whats your point?
18-06-2015, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2015 06:51 PM by Chas.)
(18-06-2015 05:39 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(18-06-2015 12:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Now, now, we don't need your sciencey garbage polluting the minds of our children teaching them facts and evidence and that kind of crap.

Facts, evidence, and evolution <---- Laugh out load

(18-06-2015 12:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Teach them to pray and ask for knowledge.

Tell them to call on the name of the Lord and be saved.

(18-06-2015 12:31 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  If it doesn't magically appear in their heads it wasn't worth knowing.

Magically appear? Huh? Ohhh, I get it. You mean magically appear, the same way that reptiles magically evolved into birds. I get it now.

You are an idiot; a willfully ignorant, delusional moron. Drinking Beverage

Do you ever read anything worthwhile? Like this, or this?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-06-2015, 06:54 PM
Scopes Monkey Trial, what, 5 billion years ago, and just a few years ago with "ID" the Dover trial?

When are these fuckheads going to get a clue?

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post