LA public schools using bibles to teach science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2015, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2015 04:16 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: LA public schools using bibles to teach science
(19-06-2015 03:44 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 02:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  So the term of the contract is up when you die. That's the most reasonable thing you've said here.

^ Ignorance. According to the Christian view, when the body dies, the spirit lives on...so there is no death in terms of nonexistence. So when I said I have a "life-term" contract, I am implying the contract is extended beyond the physical realm...in other words, FOREVER.

According to the coroner and the courts the contract is no longer in effect. What you thought was implied don't mean dick. Your Christian view don't mean dick. You haven't signed any contracts have you? Of course you haven't. You're not even old enough.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2015, 06:41 PM
(19-06-2015 03:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  ^Lack of evidence. In the realistic view, dualism is unsupportable.

Then using natural law, demonstrate how consciousness originated from the brain.
19-06-2015, 06:48 PM
(19-06-2015 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  According to the coroner and the courts the contract is no longer in effect.

What good is the coroner and the courts to a Supreme Being that rules the universe?

(19-06-2015 04:13 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What you thought was implied don't mean dick. Your Christian view don't mean dick. You haven't signed any contracts have you? Of course you haven't. You're not even old enough.

Not all contracts have to be signed...there is a thing called a verbal contract..and I verbally made a contract with God, he told me that if I give my life and my soul to him and surrender to his will, then he will in return give me eternal life.

Those are the terms of the contract...and after thinking about it...it was an offer I couldn't refuse Cool
19-06-2015, 06:53 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2015 07:02 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-06-2015 06:48 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Not all contracts have to be signed...there is a thing called a verbal contract..and I verbally made a contract with God, he told me that if I give my life and my soul to him and surrender to his will, then he will in return give me eternal life.

Those are the terms of the contract...and after thinking about it...it was an offer I couldn't refuse Cool

Yeah, I hate to tell you this dude but that wasn't God.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
19-06-2015, 06:57 PM
(19-06-2015 03:53 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Evolution theory never said they would.

I know, apparently actions speaks louder than words when it comes to evolution Laugh out load

(19-06-2015 03:53 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Your book, however, insists that those who believe will get what they pray for. And they don't.

You ever notice how easy it is for atheists to claim that prayers don't work when someone prays for something, and don't get it? But how hard it is for them to admit that prayers work when someone prays for something, and get it??

(19-06-2015 03:53 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  You're funny. Smile

A wise man once said; Laughter is an instant vacation Wink
19-06-2015, 07:29 PM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2015 07:47 PM by GirlyMan.)
(19-06-2015 06:57 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  You ever notice how easy it is for atheists to claim that prayers don't work when someone prays for something, and don't get it? But how hard it is for them to admit that prayers work when someone prays for something, and get it??

Tell me what you pray for. If you had just a minute to breathe would you pray for something like another chance?

20-06-2015, 01:38 AM
(19-06-2015 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 03:47 PM)Chas Wrote:  ^Lack of evidence. In the realistic view, dualism is unsupportable.

Then using natural law, demonstrate how consciousness originated from the brain.

All of your 'arguments' are arguments from ignorance and arguments from incredulity.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2015, 06:50 AM
(20-06-2015 01:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-06-2015 06:41 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  Then using natural law, demonstrate how consciousness originated from the brain.

All of your 'arguments' are arguments from ignorance and arguments from incredulity.

Before Chas made the above post, he thought *Instead of demonstrating how consciousness originated from the brain, I will just tell him what his arguments "are" *
20-06-2015, 07:02 AM
(20-06-2015 06:50 AM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 01:38 AM)Chas Wrote:  All of your 'arguments' are arguments from ignorance and arguments from incredulity.

Before Chas made the above post, he thought *Instead of demonstrating how consciousness originated from the brain, I will just tell him what his arguments "are" *

Your question about consciousness is an obvious God of the gaps ploy.
We have not yet explained consciousness - that does not mean it is inexplicable without resorting to gods or souls or other woo.

"God of the gaps" is just another argument from ignorance.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-06-2015, 07:20 AM
(20-06-2015 07:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your question about consciousness is an obvious God of the gaps ploy.
We have not yet explained consciousness - that does not mean it is inexplicable without resorting to gods or souls or other woo.

"God of the gaps" is just another argument from ignorance.

First off, it isn't a God of the gaps argument, because we are actually using arguments for dualism, namely the Argument From Consciousness, and the Argument from Intentionality, and it is based on these kind of arguments that we draw the conclusion. See how that works?

Now sure, you can try to refute those arguments...but until you do that, all of this God of the Gaps stuff is just an old fashioned quip by atheists to theists, which is just played-out here in 2015.