LA public schools using bibles to teach science

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2015, 06:58 PM
RE: LA public schools using bibles to teach science
(20-06-2015 04:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Argument From Consciousness

1. Genuinely nonphysical mental states exist.

Premise 1 is complete bullshit. The Argument from Consciousness is not an argument for dualism, it is an argument which requires and presumes dualism. You need to provide a plausible mechanism of action for premise 1. How could nonphysical mental states exists? Many have tried, all have failed. Next.

That is funny Laugh out load You have the nerve to ask how could nonphysical mental states exist, as if mental states are physical...well, let me ask you this; when I close my eyes and think of a porterhouse steak (well done) with mushrooms, onions, and A-1 sauce, what part of my physical brain can you examine and tell me what I am thinking???

If mental states are physical, then you should be able to look inside my brain and tell me what I am thinking, right?

Second, according to the law of identity, the mind and the brain are NOT the same thing, they are independent, because if they are the same thing, then what is true of one should be true of the other...so when you are sad, your brain isn't sad...when you are angry, your brain isn't angry...so they not the same thing. So that alone demonstrates the fact that the mind and the brain aren't the same thing.

That, followed by the fact that there is no possible way on earth anyone can produce consciousness from "scratch", shows that the brain cannot be the origins of consciousness...you can shape and mold a physical brain anyway you like, but you will never be able to get consciousness squirting in there.

Sorry but, refutation failure Cool

(20-06-2015 04:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Argument from Intentionality

P1: If God does not exist, then intentional states do not exist.
P2: Intentional states do exist.
Conclusion: Therefore, God exists.

This one is just fucking stupid. Premise 1 is ridiculous. Why should intentionality require God? Please explain.

Because you will never get intentionality if it didn't stem from a necessary mind (a mind that exists necessarily). When it comes to mental states, there is a certain "aboutness" regarding our thoughts. The brain isn't "about" anything independent of itself. But our mental states are...how can a person's mental state in one location ( a man in the U.S.) be ABOUT something in another location (a man in the U.S. thinking about someone in China). There is just no way this can happen if your mind is physical, as a brain in the U.S. has absolutely nothing to do with anything in China, but a mind does (or, it can).

So in other words, mental states are not physical states, and vice versa...neither one explains the origin of the other...a transcendent cause is necessary.

(20-06-2015 04:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  God you're a fucking idiot. See how that works?

This is how it works...you continue to be ignorant and show lack of understanding on these tough questions, and I will continue to educate you on these questions you are having trouble with. So that way, after every conversation your IQ level will increase, absolutely free of charge Thumbsup
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-06-2015, 06:59 PM
(20-06-2015 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why would you presume to think the theory of evolution has anything whatsoever to do with the foundations of my metaphysics? It doesn't.

Dude, what?
20-06-2015, 07:01 PM
(20-06-2015 06:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your misunderstanding of the theory of evolution is epic. Have you ever read any actual science books?

And once again, your incredulity is not an argument.

I am dying a painful and agonizing death of "four sentences or less" Sadcryface
20-06-2015, 07:07 PM
(20-06-2015 06:59 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 06:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Why would you presume to think the theory of evolution has anything whatsoever to do with the foundations of my metaphysics? It doesn't.

Dude, what?

Exactly. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
20-06-2015, 07:15 PM
(20-06-2015 07:01 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  
(20-06-2015 06:23 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your misunderstanding of the theory of evolution is epic. Have you ever read any actual science books?

And once again, your incredulity is not an argument.

I am dying a painful and agonizing death of "four sentences or less" Sadcryface

'Fewer', not 'less'. Your level of education seems rather low. You only seem to understand simple ideas without complexity or nuance.

You have committed fallacy after fallacy but are impervious to correction. You are a sadly unintelligent and ignorant boy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-06-2015, 07:32 PM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2015 08:03 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-06-2015 06:58 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  This is how it works...you continue to be ignorant and show lack of understanding on these tough questions, and I will continue to educate you on these questions you are having trouble with. So that way, after every conversation your IQ level will increase, absolutely free of charge Thumbsup

Yeah. I can roll with that. .... bring it idiot. ... I didn't think so. ... You just ain't up for it. ... poor soul, you was just too high strung ... I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear.

#sigh
21-06-2015, 12:57 AM
Ol' COTW still jacking off and calling it science... Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
21-06-2015, 08:03 AM
(20-06-2015 06:13 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  My reason is simple, and I've said this before and I will be more than happy to say it again. What is science? Science is based on observation, repeated experiment, and prediction. When you use the scientific method, you will be doing each of those things...making observations, conducting experiments, and making predictions.

Are we good so far? Now..

What is evolution? Well, when you take away all of the bio-babble (technical talk), evolution is the theory that every living organism share a common ancestor...in other words, as you go back in time, there had to be the very FIRST living organism...and all other organisms are the evolutionary successors of that first organism. That is the theory...and my point is, there is NO evidence for such a theory.

If I murdered your entire family and no one was around to see it. How would anyone prove it? By collecting DNA samples, by examining the evidence left behind that could only had been left behind by myself and no one else.

We have multiple dating methods outside of just radio carbon dating.
The fossil record irrefutably shows that creatures from earlier periods in time could never had possibly existed in much more current periods and vise versa. There is an astonishing amount of evidence, mountains of it if you would just take a look at it and see for yourself. To put it into perspective of just HOW irrefutable the evidence is, the pope, no self respecting bishop, most Christians outside of the United States are perfectly capable of looking at the evidence and understanding that you do not have to directly observe an animal "poly morphing" from one species into another in front of your eyes ( because that would be magic and not evolution ), but the evidence in the DNA which shows how all creatures have the same dna but in different coding and everything shares at least some small part of an exact match somewhere in that dna coding. For the human species we have directly observed the exact spot in Human DNA where our DNA and that of the Chimpanzee have two parts that are fused together before ours diverges completely from theres and their DNA matches ours perfectly up until that exact spot where theirs keeps going.

Quote:Throughout the history of mankind, humans have only observed animals producing what they are, not what they are not. In other words (here it goes...) dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, fish produce fish. There has NEVER been an exception to this.

WRONG!

Wolves turning into tea cup poodles. The very instant we finally breed a dog that cannot make babies with a wolf, which there might already be one and we could just not be aware of it yet, we will had artificially created a new species. A new species that is NOT a wolf, just like how humans are NOT a species of ape, we are a species of homosapians.

We have also observed it directly with microscopic creatures, such as viruses and bacteria that are becoming more resistant to our medicines, that is the very DEFINITION of evolution. Small changes to adapt to its environment and enough small changes over a long period of time equals NOT the same animal or creature you had before.

Quote:Now, evolutionists believe that long ago, when no one else was around to see, animals were making these crazy transformations, such as a reptile evolving to a bird, and land dwelling whales migrating to the ocean...if that is what you believe, then fine, believe it..but how is that science? You've never OBSERVED these kind of transformations in nature..[quote]

YOU never OBSERVED god making the universe. Or anyone writing the bible and talking to god, you never OBSERVED anything of those things either. If you are going to completely disregard evolution on this logic because you think all science needs to directly observe the very thing in question instead of the evidence left behind...such as with gravity....black holes.....and many other things that no fundi like you has a hard time accepting. Then you must also apply it to your religion and the very moment you do, you will be forced to stop believing in it.

[quote]
.you've never went to a lab and conducted an EXPERIMENT to get you such results...

Scientists have been performing artifical genetic mutations in bacteria, viruses and plants all the time. Monsanto does it daily for a very long time and there is very large and powerful groups of people trying to stop them....so yes they have performed an experiment to get such results.

Quote:and you certainly can't make any PREDICTIONS as to when the next changes will occur...so you aren't really doing science, are you? No, you aren't.

You reject evolution. You don't even know what science actually is. You are just parroting what William lain craig and Sye Ten Bruggancate and Ken Ham say.
BTW...we, with enough study of the DNA of a species can make a prediction of what the next changes are going to be, its the entire backbone to solving how to cure or prevent genetic disorders. In fact, we are already making DESIGNER BABIES to look and be exactly like how we want them to be. This irrefutably disproves your statement as we are already doing all this. Please go study this information and stop parroting what your other ignorant apologists are saying.

Quote:So what is your evidence for evolution? You mentioned fossils, but fossils don't prove anything. When you find a fossil, all you are able to determine is "this once living animal is now deceased, and here are its remains". Anything beyond that is speculation. You don't know if that fossil had any children...and you certainly don't know if that fossil had different children.

And if fossils is evidence, then of all of the millions of animals that have lived and died in the history of life, we should find thousands upon thousands of transitional fossils...but we don't.

Seriously. This just proves you do not even know the first thing in how fossils are formed or just how rare they are. We have TONS of transitional fossils, especially with our own species. We don't need every single last transitional fossil in between the here and now to be able to see the relationships between them and determine what they are. Arguing against this is an argument from ignorance as you know literally nothing about what fossils actually are or how they are studied.

http://www.theistic-evolution.com/hominids2_big.jpg

We also have the fossil record for other human like species not related to us such as neanderthal which died out only somewhere around 15,000 years ago or so if I recall correctly. We have proven that these people were not aps nor human but their own species. They decorated their graves, had tools a little more simple than our own and probably had language of their own as well. I suggest looking up resource material and learn a little bit about them

Quote:In my humble opinion, the only reason evolution is even a theory is because unbelievers who are scientific-minded, they need some kind of an explanation as to where different varieties of life came from. [quote]

Quite hilarious as Charles Darwin was an Agnostic THEIST. He was the one who created the scientific theory. Most of the scientists who did the work for and still do work studying geology, biology, and all the other sciences that kind of depend on the world being older then 4,000 years old because NOTHING in their scientific research would ever make any sense and any work they would do would yield false conclusions.

[quote]They need something. If the God Hypothesis is out of the equation, then they need to come up with some kind of NATURALISTIC way of explaining this stuff, and evolution is the only game in town. It has to be true for them. It has to be...otherwise, they are opening the door and stepping into a place that they don't want to be in, and we can't have that, can we?

It does not have to be true for them. What they want, what I want, what you want is not important. Truth is not dictated by what people WANT, its dictated by what the evidence is and all the evidence in the entire world, in the ENTIRE UNIVERSE points out to evolution is true. There has never, is not, nor will ever be any evidence of any kind that shows your god exists or that the world is 4,000 years old.

Quote:The second reason why I don't believe in evolution is because of the abiogenesis problem. If you don't have a viable/confirmed theory as to how life originated naturally, then there is no way in hell you can say with 100% confidence that species originated naturally. If abiogenesis is false, then you can't get to a naturalistic origin of species if you don't have a naturalistic origin of life. For the atheist, evolution depends on abiogenesis being true, but if you can't prove abiogenesis true, then you can't prove evolution to be true.

Basically what I am hearing from this is you putting your fingers in your ears with your eyes closed and saying blah blah blah its not true you can't prove anything and I don't see the evidence blah blah blah.

Quote:The third reason why I don't believe in evolution is I don't believe a mindless and blind process is capable of producing specified complexity,

Reality is not dictated by what anyone believes.

Quote:which is kinda going into the argument from design. For example, the body mechanism of a whale that is now strictly water dwelling, which evolved from a body mechanism that was previously land dwelling, I don't think a mindless and blind process is capable of producing that kind of specified result.

OK, lemme see if I can do something that was a blind mindless result that is on a small scale that you CAN understand.

A brown bear walks into a snowy area....likes it there.....lots of food....then makes babies...a few generations later you have a BUNCH of brown bears there but life is hard so not too many live long because food can spot them easily and run away.....then one day blind random thing happened similar to an albino and POOF! White FUR! White fur make bear invisible and he eats more...survives more and makes babies....SOME of his babies have white fur....they survive longer and better then the other brown bears and when they make babies more of them have white fur....eventually after enough time no brown bears are left because they were BRED out of existence and now all the browns are whites...but at the same time other random blindness things happened and eventually after a long enough time...we have POLAR BEAR...now give millions of years further to any other animal of small changes of millions and millions of years and you can end up with whale.

Of COURSE the whale is water only, the land dwelling capabilities were bred out of its species a long time ago. For millions of years it has been changing to and keeping the genetic traits that suit it for living in water until it just became a water mammal. So of course all of the genetic traits that allowed it to walk on land would no longer be there.

Quote:Human beings with our technology and intellect cant even create human organisms with internal bodily configurations which would allow a human to go from land based, to water based...yet, a mindless and blind process can?

First of all, we are working on it. Second of all, I don't think you have any idea just how much we actually do know. We have NOT been working at this science thing for very long. Only like what? a couple thousand years with nearly 2 thousand years of scientific oppression or repression world wide? Give us a fucking break already.

Isn't growing human body parts in a test tube and then mass producing it with a 3D printer good enough for you to keep you tied over until we get that far?

Evolution has been at it for BILLIONS OF YEARS!!!! We have been at it for a few decades....a century if you want to argue finer details.

Quote:I am a reasonable man, in my opinion,

You are anything but reasonable

Quote:However, there is another issue involving the question of theists, particularly Christian theists that believe in evolution. My thoughts? Well, that is an internal debate within Christianity. I disagree with any Christian that believe God used evolution as a means of creation. Could God have used evolution? Yes. Do I believe that he did? No. I have my reasons for that, and I guess we just agree to disagree.

Yeah, your reasons is called Ken Ham and Genesis.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
21-06-2015, 07:06 PM
(20-06-2015 06:58 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  That is funny Laugh out load You have the nerve to ask how could nonphysical mental states exist, as if mental states are physical...well, let me ask you this; when I close my eyes and think of a porterhouse steak (well done) with mushrooms, onions, and A-1 sauce, what part of my physical brain can you examine and tell me what I am thinking???

(20-06-2015 06:58 PM)Call_of_the_Wild Wrote:  If mental states are physical, then you should be able to look inside my brain and tell me what I am thinking, right?

Yes. That's what we're doing with FMRIs. Drinking Beverage

#sigh
21-06-2015, 07:59 PM
(21-06-2015 07:06 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  when I close my eyes and think of a porterhouse steak (well done) with mushrooms, onions, and A-1 sauce, what part of my physical brain can you examine and tell me what I am thinking???

OH! Well NOW he is guilty of the A-1 Fallacy!

Everyone knows you don't use A-1 sauce on a perfectly prepared steak that already has dressings.

Furthermore he forgot the mother fucking crushed garlic so there is that too.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ