LASIK surgery?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-06-2017, 09:04 AM (This post was last modified: 18-06-2017 09:11 AM by jennybee.)
LASIK surgery?
I've been thinking about doing it for awhile, but I'm scared Big Grin It would just be to correct basic nearsightedness. My eye doctor says I'm a good candidate, she had the procedure and keeps telling me I should too-simply so I don't have to fuck with contacts and glasses. I wear contacts most of the time and sometimes glasses-but I'm an active person and not having to fuck with those things especially out backpacking would be nice.

Just wondering if you've had LASIK, what your thoughts are and even if you haven't--why you would/wouldn't do it.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-06-2017, 09:19 AM
RE: LASIK surgery?
I've not had LASIK surgery and much like you I'm afraid of any kind of surgery to my eyes. I've always had 20/20 vision but in a couple of months I'll be 48 and I've noticed in the last 6-8 months that I'm having a much harder time reading small print. I'm having to hold things further away to see them so I know I need glasses now. Sucks getting older lol. I bought a pair of the lowest power reading glasses and it's amazing how well they work but it's just one more thing that I have to keep up with.
Much like you I'm active and the thought of wearing glasses all the time doesn't sound appealing. But I don't want contacts and even though I'm a Paramedic I'm terrified of having surgery on my eyes. I realize that is a irrational thought process but I am.

I get to decide what my life looks like, not the other way around.
[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
18-06-2017, 09:46 AM
(18-06-2017 09:19 AM)RearViewMirror Wrote:  I've not had LASIK surgery and much like you I'm afraid of any kind of surgery to my eyes. I've always had 20/20 vision but in a couple of months I'll be 48 and I've noticed in the last 6-8 months that I'm having a much harder time reading small print. I'm having to hold things further away to see them so I know I need glasses now. Sucks getting older lol. I bought a pair of the lowest power reading glasses and it's amazing how well they work but it's just one more thing that I have to keep up with.
Much like you I'm active and the thought of wearing glasses all the time doesn't sound appealing. But I don't want contacts and even though I'm a Paramedic I'm terrified of having surgery on my eyes. I realize that is a irrational thought process but I am.

Everyone in my family had it done and had no issues. Many of my friends have too. Just like you say, surgery on your eyes--it makes me nervous.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-06-2017, 09:54 AM
(18-06-2017 09:46 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Everyone in my family had it done and had no issues. Many of my friends have too. Just like you say, surgery on your eyes--it makes me nervous.

I agree. It is a common surgery with little risk involved. That said it's easy to say that to someone else until "you" are faced with the idea of actually going through with that. I'm with you on being nervous as your eyes are one of the more important senses we possess.

[+] 2 users Like RearViewMirror's post
18-06-2017, 10:29 AM
(18-06-2017 09:46 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Just like you say, surgery on your eyes--it makes me nervous.

Yeah.... no. I'd have to be pretty bad off to go for that. It may not be quite rational but when it comes to the thought of eye surgery...
[Image: nope.gif]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
18-06-2017, 10:38 AM
I know several people who have had it done and had good results. I also know a man who suffered double vision and had to wait six months for his eyes to heal enough for them to try again. YIKES! The man had to hire a driver it was so bad.

There has been genetic blindness in my family though it appears the gene pool has been diluted enough that it's not been an issue in my generation or the following one...thus far.

I have worn glasses since my early teens and my eyes have changed a lot over the years though seem to have leveled out for now. It would take something really drastic happening to my sight for me to consider eye surgery. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-06-2017, 10:55 AM
(18-06-2017 10:29 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(18-06-2017 09:46 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Just like you say, surgery on your eyes--it makes me nervous.

Yeah.... no. I'd have to be pretty bad off to go for that. It may not be quite rational but when it comes to the thought of eye surgery...
[Image: nope.gif]

That's the way I feel lol

Eye surgery makes me feel like this

[Image: F20h25Z.gif]

[+] 4 users Like RearViewMirror's post