LGBT? Not in my state.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-06-2015, 02:21 PM
LGBT? Not in my state.
Good job Louisiana. So proud of my state and our awesome governor. Definitely going to vote for him... hope he runs for president too.

Other states need to get with it. Get rid of these LGBT "people". They should have no rights and shouldn't be able to marry. It's a disgrace that other states allow this. Complete disgrace.

We all know this LGBT horde are human in name only and shouldn't be given the same human rights as us normal folks.

LA is making the right strides in eradicating this LGBT problem instead of the violence problem.

Jindal has priorities. Gotta respect that!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
02-06-2015, 02:23 PM
RE: LGBT? Not in my state.
It's sad.

Hopefully eventually it might come around or be forced to.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-06-2015, 03:19 PM
The Supreme Court will eventually take care of this. It may, or may not be this Summer.

The Declaration of Independence
In congress, July 4, 1776.

The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

Too bad Jindal is not a patriotic American with American values.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
02-06-2015, 03:48 PM
(02-06-2015 02:21 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  LA is making the right strides in eradicating this LGBT problem instead of the violence problem.

Jindal has priorities. Gotta respect that!

LA's education credentials are equally impressive. Read Jindal wants to cut 80% of LSU's budget. It's okay though 'cause he's concentrating the cuts to the STEM programs and introducing a Creationist curriculum.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Australia seems to be coming closer to gay marriage.
Opposition leader (Bill Shorten) supports it.
The Liberal Party,in power, have planned a conscience vote.
Community support seems quite high.Yes
02-06-2015, 06:15 PM
I would love to visit the big easy which I have never done. But to live in LA??? Man that would be hard, especially since I am a STEM professor. Cut LSU's budget by 20% concentrating on STEM? Can the governor really tell a university where to make cuts?
02-06-2015, 07:37 PM
Wonder what the odds on Jindal being a self-hating, closet homosexual are?

These people usually are Wink

"Thou doth protest too much" Tongue

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too"? - Douglas Adams Bechased
[+] 2 users Like LostLegend's post
02-06-2015, 08:18 PM
The federal (Labor) opposition leader here in Australia introduced a marriage equality bill this week. Here is a picture of the chamber as he made his speech.
[Image: 1433158791544.jpg]

The seats filled on the left hand side are those of his party. The seats on the right hand side are those of the government. The seats up the back are the crossbenchers, who largely failed to turn up also.

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 1 user Likes Hafnof's post
02-06-2015, 08:31 PM
(02-06-2015 08:18 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  The federal (Labor) opposition leader here in Australia introduced a marriage equality bill this week. Here is a picture of the chamber as he made his speech.

The seats filled on the left hand side are those of his party. The seats on the right hand side are those of the government. The seats up the back are the crossbenchers, who largely failed to turn up also.

I heard about them "crossbenchers" who "do it up the back".

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-06-2015, 12:43 AM
(02-06-2015 08:31 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(02-06-2015 08:18 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  The federal (Labor) opposition leader here in Australia introduced a marriage equality bill this week. Here is a picture of the chamber as he made his speech.

I heard about them "crossbenchers" who "do it up the back".

Irrespective of the need to grant humans the right to legalize their marriage the issue relating to gay parenting is not totally clear.
We don't need to turn to religion to see an evolutionary need to procreate by opposites. When it comes to gay parenting this is an issue very largely in it's infancy.
As to whether it works out well for children, equal to heterosexual parenting, or better in the long term will take some time to find out.
The question down the track of bi-sexual parenting too, is not without interest.