LGBT? Not in my state.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: LGBT? Not in my state.
(02-06-2015 08:18 PM)Hafnof Wrote:  The federal (Labor) opposition leader here in Australia introduced a marriage equality bill this week. Here is a picture of the chamber as he made his speech.
Here's a speech (Rainbow speech) from NZ parliament on the topic of amending marriage law.
Ellen DeGeneres subsequently asked him to appear on her show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRQXQxadyps
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
03-06-2015, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2015 03:43 AM by Stevil.)
(03-06-2015 12:43 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Irrespective of the need to grant humans the right to legalize their marriage the issue relating to gay parenting is not totally clear.
What issue?

(03-06-2015 12:43 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  We don't need to turn to religion to see an evolutionary need to procreate by opposites.
People don't need to procreate.
It does not matter if the entire population of the Earth decide not to procreate, that certainly wouldn't justify a government forcing people to procreate against their will. But..... This is all beside the point. What does procreation have to do with parenting? Parenting implies the kids are already here and don't need to be made.

So from a parenting perspective, what data is it to suggest that kids get unsavory parenting from gay parents?

(03-06-2015 12:43 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  When it comes to gay parenting this is an issue very largely in it's infancy.
As to whether it works out well for children, equal to heterosexual parenting, or better in the long term will take some time to find out.
The question down the track of bi-sexual parenting too, is not without interest.
Unless there are some hard facts suggesting that gay parents are unfit parents I think we can put this little idea (concern) of yours in the unnecessary worrying basket.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
03-06-2015, 01:43 AM
Nice to see Ireland voted for gay marriage rights.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
03-06-2015, 03:19 AM
(02-06-2015 03:19 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  ...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights

I think I spot a contradiction between this view of the Creator and the Creator's rule book.

I guess that some men were created to be more equal than others.

Consider

(03-06-2015 01:19 AM)Stevil Wrote:  ...
Here's a speech (Rainbow speech) from NZ parliament on the topic of amending marriage law.
Ellen DeGeneres subsequently asked him to appear on her show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRQXQxadyps

Great speech. Of course, he since had to resign ... c'est la vie.

Unsure

03-06-2015, 03:29 AM
(03-06-2015 01:26 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 12:43 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  When it comes to gay parenting this is an issue very largely in it's infancy.
As to whether it works out well for children, equal to heterosexual parenting, or better in the long term will take some time to find out.
The question down the track of bi-sexual parenting too, is not without interest.
Unless there are some hard facts suggesting that gay parents are unfit parents I think we can but this little idea (concern) of yours in the unnecessary worrying basket.

Not to mention that a great number of heterosexual couples who do have children are unfit parents anyway.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 1 user Likes undergroundp's post
03-06-2015, 03:48 AM
(03-06-2015 03:29 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 01:26 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Unless there are some hard facts suggesting that gay parents are unfit parents I think we can but this little idea (concern) of yours in the unnecessary worrying basket.

Not to mention that a great number of heterosexual couples who do have children are unfit parents anyway.
And, not to mention that there are a whole bunch of kids in orphanages and foster homes which is obviously a less than ideal situation.
Why would anyone with at least half a brain think that kids are better off in an orphanage than in a loving family (albeit headed by two adults from the same gender).
It really comes from a literal (and irrational) fear of homosexuals.
[+] 2 users Like Stevil's post
03-06-2015, 09:54 AM
Before she retired 8 years ago, my mom ran adoptions for half of NJ. Basically, she tried to find permanent homes for kids who were in foster care and were wards of the state. These kids were generally older, came from bad situations, and black or latino. So, basically not the demographic that well off, middle class couples are lining up to adopt.

I have no official numbers, but my mother would tell you that if it were not for gay couples, the adoption rate during her tenure would have dropped by 50%.

A parent is not necessarily the person who conceives the child. The parent is the person or people who unconditionally love and teach and protect the child for his or her whole life. Sexuality has fuck all to do with it.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
03-06-2015, 10:12 AM
(03-06-2015 09:54 AM)BnW Wrote:  A parent is not necessarily the person who conceives the child. The parent is the person or people who unconditionally love and teach and protect the child for his or her whole life. Sexuality has fuck all to do with it.

If I could I would totally give you more rep for that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-06-2015, 10:53 AM
(03-06-2015 10:12 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 09:54 AM)BnW Wrote:  A parent is not necessarily the person who conceives the child. The parent is the person or people who unconditionally love and teach and protect the child for his or her whole life. Sexuality has fuck all to do with it.

If I could I would totally give you more rep for that.

For a small fee, I can do it for you. How many would you like to give?

Cool

03-06-2015, 11:17 AM
LGBT? Not in my state.
One of my friends is a lesbian who calls herself "[Clockwork]'s Favorite Lesbian," which she is. She and her ex wanted to be parents when they were together. She went to a sperm bank, got pregnant, and had a little girl. They split up, but the ex is still a mom.

This little girl is smart. I'm not just saying that because I love her, but she is. She has uncles & aunts, grandparents, and even what they call her half-sister (another lesbian couple who used the same donor).

Heres what pisses me off: none of the kids in her classes thought anything of it. Eh, she has two mommies. The parents kept asking and made it an issue. One of them said something like, "I don't mind, but it's just weird," which is passive-aggressive for "I'm not judging but I really am."

If these people had problems with gay couples having kids, then it's their own fault. I'll wager that all (if not 99.9%) of kids who need families come from straight couples. If it's such a problem then they need to adopt these kids.

If not, I'll invite them to shut the flaming fuck up and stop bitching about LGBT families doing a damn thing about it.

I come from a family with lots of adoptions. I have family with whom I share no DNA whatsoever. Until and unless these fucknuts do something about it, they can shove their definition of "family" so far up their asses that it gets lodged in their sinuses.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post