LGBT? Not in my state.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2015, 02:05 PM
RE: LGBT? Not in my state.
(03-06-2015 01:26 AM)Stevil Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 12:43 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Irrespective of the need to grant humans the right to legalize their marriage the issue relating to gay parenting is not totally clear.
What issue?

(03-06-2015 12:43 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  We don't need to turn to religion to see an evolutionary need to procreate by opposites.
People don't need to procreate.
It does not matter if the entire population of the Earth decide not to procreate, that certainly wouldn't justify a government forcing people to procreate against their will. But..... This is all beside the point. What does procreation have to do with parenting? Parenting implies the kids are already here and don't need to be made.

So from a parenting perspective, what data is it to suggest that kids get unsavory parenting from gay parents?

(03-06-2015 12:43 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  When it comes to gay parenting this is an issue very largely in it's infancy.
As to whether it works out well for children, equal to heterosexual parenting, or better in the long term will take some time to find out.
The question down the track of bi-sexual parenting too, is not without interest.
Unless there are some hard facts suggesting that gay parents are unfit parents I think we can put this little idea (concern) of yours in the unnecessary worrying basket.

(1) All issues should be open to debate
(2)Procreation keeps the world going.Is it so bad you want to stop procreation?
I am not saying procreation is in any way obligatory. As for gay parenting adoption would seem preferable to utilizing surrogacy. We already have a huge population and many needy kids.
(3) As for child rearing gays,in the long term, they may well prove better parents. This remains to be seen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2015, 02:58 PM
(03-06-2015 02:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  (3) As for child rearing gays,in the long term, they may well prove better parents. This remains to be seen.

How in the crap does sexual orientation impact parenting ability?

Are white parents better because they're white? Are black parents better parent because they're black? Or how about because they're a woman? That is the EXACT same premise you're basing your statement on.

Actual parenting can overcome REAL hurdles like poverty and social or economical status.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 4 users Like kingschosen's post
03-06-2015, 03:06 PM
LGBT? Not in my state.
Thanks, KC. I was trying to reply to that part, but every time I did it was probably way too cruel to post.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
03-06-2015, 03:22 PM
(03-06-2015 03:06 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Thanks, KC. I was trying to reply to that part, but every time I did it was probably way too cruel to post.

You're welcome.

But I've given up on being polite to him.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
03-06-2015, 09:01 PM
It's only a matter of time before fags and carpet-munchers have equal rights by Federal Law, I think. I'm not for changing the Bill of Rights or adding amendments to the Constitution unless it is needed. It's needed. Problem is, some amendments are already ignored, and even conflict with one another so I'm not sure how much good it will really do. I have very little faith in government (any kind) to affect positive change. It happens by accident once in a while though.

04-06-2015, 12:36 AM
(03-06-2015 02:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(03-06-2015 02:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  (3) As for child rearing gays,in the long term, they may well prove better parents. This remains to be seen.

How in the crap does sexual orientation impact parenting ability?

Are white parents better because they're white? Are black parents better parent because they're black? Or how about because they're a woman? That is the EXACT same premise you're basing your statement on.

Actual parenting can overcome REAL hurdles like poverty and social or economical status.

In case you haven't noticed, and not from a Calvinist perspective, in terms of basic evolutionary sexual orientation women appear more oriented to the care of children.
I am merely claiming that heterosexuality is more apt both physically and psychologically in terms of the most ideal state of affairs relevant to those involved .
My premise is based on the natural order of evolution which ,good , bad ,or indifferent sees humanity as it is today.
Of course on a case by case basis there will be wonderful same sex parents; as more a more generalized prognosis gay parenting cannot be compared with heterosexual parenting because of its relevant newness,
The fact that there are deplorable heterosexual parents does not say same sex parents will be any better.
AS for actual parenting, whatever that connates to you overcoming poverty and social and economic status you really need to elaborate.
04-06-2015, 03:08 AM
(03-06-2015 02:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  (1) All issues should be open to debate
Absolutely, and if you care to bring to attention an issue involving gay parenting then this could be debated. What's the issue?

(03-06-2015 02:05 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  As for gay parenting adoption would seem preferable to utilizing surrogacy. We already have a huge population and many needy kids.
Is this opinion of yours specifically directed to gay couples or would it be relevant to all infertile couples?
How would you manifest your opinion? Would you look to outlaw surrogacy, or would you hit the campaign trail, trying to convince people away from surrogacy, or would you merely voice it on the internet?

If you met an infertile or gay couple in person would you tell them that you wouldn't like them to go down the surrogacy path?

For sure, but unless you are aware of a problem, it doesn't make sense to single them out and suggest that gay adoption shouldn't be supported?
What exactly is your current position on gay adoption and what is this based on?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
04-06-2015, 03:16 AM
(03-06-2015 02:58 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  How in the crap does sexual orientation impact parenting ability?
I was told once (in a catholic forum) that Men are generally the threat to children as they are much more likely to resort to physical violence.

If that were true (I do have a perception that men get more physical than women) then logic would suggest that a couple of men would mean the chances of violence on the kid is higher than a man and woman.

But on the flip, a couple of women would mean that the chances of violence on the kids is less. I did bring this up to the catholic poster and suggested that perhaps only lesbians should be allowed to adopt.
04-06-2015, 06:41 AM
(04-06-2015 03:16 AM)Stevil Wrote:  If that were true (I do have a perception that men get more physical than women) then logic would suggest that a couple of men would mean the chances of violence on the kid is higher than a man and woman.

If the stereotype holds then in many cases wouldn't the second man in the home be more likely to step in and protect the kid if the other was violent?

Or is it that homosexual men don't generally have the same tendency towards physical violence that heterosexual men do so kids are actually safer in same-sex relationships?

The problem with logic is it takes you anywhere you want to go as long as you choose the right starting points. Unless/until we have studies showing what the rates are I don't see that we can accurately predict what will happen.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
04-06-2015, 08:58 AM
(04-06-2015 06:41 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 03:16 AM)Stevil Wrote:  If that were true (I do have a perception that men get more physical than women) then logic would suggest that a couple of men would mean the chances of violence on the kid is higher than a man and woman.

If the stereotype holds then in many cases wouldn't the second man in the home be more likely to step in and protect the kid if the other was violent?

Or is it that homosexual men don't generally have the same tendency towards physical violence that heterosexual men do so kids are actually safer in same-sex relationships?

The problem with logic is it takes you anywhere you want to go as long as you choose the right starting points. Unless/until we have studies showing what the rates are I don't see that we can accurately predict what will happen.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense