LGBT? Not in my state.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 06:54 AM
RE: LGBT? Not in my state.
(05-06-2015 06:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Myself -- I refuse to cooperate in a ritual that has it's roots in the same mentality that brought us slavery.

Marriage - is indeed "traditionally" about one man -- OWNING one woman.. (or more than one)....

There may be baggage, but as I see it the legal thing is what people want from marriage. i.e. if you're gonna be committed to and possibly raising kids with another person then making a legal contract makes sense, so that everyone is protected. Next of kin status (in case of medical stuff), divorce... all that legal stuff is neatly packaged and standardized with marriage. *That's* what people want, not access to some archaic ritual.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
05-06-2015, 07:06 AM
(05-06-2015 06:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 06:33 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Myself -- I refuse to cooperate in a ritual that has it's roots in the same mentality that brought us slavery.

Marriage - is indeed "traditionally" about one man -- OWNING one woman.. (or more than one)....

There may be baggage, but as I see it the legal thing is what people want from marriage. i.e. if you're gonna be committed to and possibly raising kids with another person then making a legal contract makes sense, so that everyone is protected. Next of kin status (in case of medical stuff), divorce... all that legal stuff is neatly packaged and standardized with marriage. *That's* what people want, not access to some archaic ritual.

You left out a giant fluffy white dress, men sweating trying not to pass out in tuxes, awful hair, punch, cake, overpriced flowers, some awful tone deaf soloist and family drama.

If I get married again, it will be me, the lucky gent, and some random islander officiant that barely speaks English. Or the courthouse and a judge. I dunno.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
05-06-2015, 08:25 AM
(05-06-2015 07:06 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(05-06-2015 06:54 AM)morondog Wrote:  There may be baggage, but as I see it the legal thing is what people want from marriage. i.e. if you're gonna be committed to and possibly raising kids with another person then making a legal contract makes sense, so that everyone is protected. Next of kin status (in case of medical stuff), divorce... all that legal stuff is neatly packaged and standardized with marriage. *That's* what people want, not access to some archaic ritual.

You left out a giant fluffy white dress, men sweating trying not to pass out in tuxes, awful hair, punch, cake, overpriced flowers, some awful tone deaf soloist and family drama.

If I get married again, it will be me, the lucky gent, and some random islander officiant that barely speaks English. Or the courthouse and a judge. I dunno.

I volunteer my officiating services as I am both an ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster and a Dudeist priest. Smile

I'm also available as a bridegroom. Big Grin

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
05-06-2015, 02:32 PM
(05-06-2015 08:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  I'm also available as a bridegroom. Big Grin

It's OK old man, your services are not required Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
05-06-2015, 03:36 PM
LGBT? Not in my state.
I used my ordination to marry a couple this February. Nothing fancy. The apartment of the bride's mother, no tuxedos, no ties, but they were happy as hell.

I told some LGBT friends I'm ready and willing.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
06-06-2015, 01:20 PM
(04-06-2015 12:36 AM)Mr Woof Wrote:  The fact that there are deplorable heterosexual parents does not say same sex parents will be any better.

Here's the problem with that statement - you make a comparison between horrible parents and gay parents, as if they are equivalents. You are, pure and simple, a bigot.

The proper grouping here is between adoptive parents and non- adoptive parents. Generally, people who go through the adoption process are less likelyto be abusive, neglectful, etc. There are a lot of reasons for this and being gay isn't one of them. But, gay couples who adopted will generally be good parents for the same reasons all adoptive parents are.

Being gay says nothing at all about who you are as a person. Making comments about "gay parents ", as if all gays have common personality traits, is moronic.

And bigoted.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
06-06-2015, 02:20 PM
[img][Image: a_1031_20141112144636_zpscnwynwa8.jpg][/img]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post