LGBT Pride Month

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2011, 12:59 PM
LGBT Pride Month
I know he's likely just using this strategically to get votes for the election...

But I'm damned happy he did it. Thank you, President Obama. If to no one else, this means a lot to me. Big Grin

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-offi...-pride-mon

"It does feel like something to be wrong; it feels like being right." -Kathryn Schulz
I am 100% certain that I am wrong about something I am certain about right now. Because even if everything I stand for turns out to be completely true, I was still wrong about being wrong.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2011, 01:23 PM
RE: LGBT Pride Month
I'm wondering why they felt the need to add Lesbian when they already had Gay?

Because bigots hate gays but still think lesbians are hot? So the separation was made?

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
01-06-2011, 03:47 PM

(01-06-2011 12:59 PM)ebilekittae Wrote:  I know he's likely just using this strategically to get votes for the election...

But I'm damned happy he did it. Thank you, President Obama. If to no one else, this means a lot to me. Big Grin

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-offi...-pride-mon

Yay! The US is finally catching up with Europe. Dodgy

(01-06-2011 01:23 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  I'm wondering why they felt the need to add Lesbian when they already had Gay?

Because bigots hate gays but still think lesbians are hot? So the separation was made?

No, not really. This is just the way we like to refer to ourselves. It's not imposed by outsiders. Just a culture thing. Besides, have you ever seen a "gay" lesbian? Most of the ones I know have this "think of me in a bad way and I'll keeeeeeeeeeeel you" thing going on. Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Lesbians and gays have very separate social issues so they don't really work in a same group. that's like putting blacks and asians in the same minority even though the stereotypes and issues are vastly different.

Woo US pride month, but wait June??? My month is pride month cat dammit!!!!! Pride is supposed to be in July!!!! Hopefully eventually this place will have gone past all these issues. The world is waiting impatiently tapping it's foot and looking at the clock.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
01-06-2011, 06:14 PM

Rainbow RE: LGBT Pride Month
[Image: gaypride.gif] Every day of every month is cause for LGBT pride. (Is it just me or does anyone else wonder where that flag pole is planted?Confused)

I think this is great. I think if we listen closely we can hear GOP Fundies popping like zits, at the news. And I think it's June 2011, which leaves a little over a year for the 2012 re-election stomp. And I think sadly enough, this can also be considered politics as usual when trying to solicit the LGBT vote once again.
However, declaring it LGBT pride month officially from the White house, is politics long over due.
And that makes it a beautiful thing. Rainbow even. Positively equal, free and liberated, even. Wink Smile
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm not worried if it's really his view or just political, it's been done.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.