LGBT Q?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Rainbow LGBT Q?
Genuine question here, the Q puzzles me, why do people tack that onto LGBT? Isn't it redundant and mostly offensive?

Who does Q include that isn't already covered?

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-06-2014, 02:20 PM
RE: LGBT Q?
(17-06-2014 02:19 PM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  Genuine question here, the Q puzzles me, why do people tack that onto LGBT? Isn't it redundant and mostly offensive?

Who does Q include that isn't already covered?

I think stands for queer.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
17-06-2014, 02:24 PM
(17-06-2014 02:20 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I think stands for queer.

Quorrect, but why does it need to be included?

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
17-06-2014, 02:26 PM
(17-06-2014 02:24 PM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  
(17-06-2014 02:20 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I think stands for queer.

Quorrect, but why does it need to be included?

I wasn't aware that it was. I need to get out more. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
17-06-2014, 02:36 PM
It is tacked on to not leave anybody out. Queer just means anything that is sexually out of the norm. The issue with this though is that it would include bestiality and pedophilia by default. There have been proposals to use the term QUILTBAG meaning:
Queer
Undecided
Intersex
Lesbian
Trans
Bisexual
Asexual
Gay

But that just sounds flat out ridiculous and being an asexual I do not approve of having my sexual orientation(or lack there of) in the list of freaks(no offense). LGBT does not include enough and LBGT Q includes way too much. Bit of a pickle it seems

Crazy you say?
Wouldn't a crazy man ask another man if he was crazy?! Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Mr. Slave's post
17-06-2014, 03:05 PM
I've never heard of a consistent definition of "queer". I've heard it to refer to "feminine" men (the word "feminine" being a word whose definition I deny as being possible/true, as well as one whose definition varies from person to person), and now (literally; just now) I've heard that "Queer just means anything that is sexually out of the norm".
If everyone can agree on the definition of "queer", and that definition isn't based on other ill-defined terms, I might consider calling the LGBT LGBTQ. However, I doubt that I will. Even the T is just there to help people like us (those who fall outside the norm, sexually speaking) group together. If it were just up to sexualities, it'd be called "LGB" (or, alphabetically, "BGL"; I've never understood the logic behind calling it "LGBT", since it's not an acronym you can pronounce, like you can "NASA"), or "LGBA" (again, alphabetically, "ABGL"), should asexuals feel that they're being discriminated against, since there are only four sexualities: heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual, and asexual. Of course, if you take that into account and not try to split homosexual males and females into separate terms (terms I find offensive, to be honest), maybe it should just be called "ABH".

The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?
[+] 1 user Likes One Above All's post
17-06-2014, 03:54 PM
See, I always thought the Q was for "Questioning" Consider

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
17-06-2014, 04:00 PM
(17-06-2014 03:54 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  See, I always thought the Q was for "Questioning" Consider

That's also what I thought.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Yea, pretty sure the Q is or questioning and than they tack an A on the end of "allies" which is the retarded part.

[Image: oscar.png]