LGBT ramble

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-12-2012, 06:55 AM
RE: LGBT ramble
I don't mind gays, trans-whatevers (lol, sorry); anything like that. I actually happen to enjoy learning the dynamics of peoples' sexuality. And, as seems to be a hallmark with me, the more off-center the sexuality, the more fascinating I find it to be. Big Grin

That being said, transgender/transexual/cross-dressers always make me laugh when I encounter them. Not because of who or what they are, but just because it's unexpected. I was in Walmart one night and, while headed to the bathrooms, I almost ran into a tall, well-endowed black woman as she was exiting the facilities. I smiled and said "Excuse me", to which she responded "It's no problem, hunny" in a deep, bassy black-guy voice. I almost bit my tongue off while I scurried into the bathroom trying not to laugh. I've seen her a couple of other times around town. (At least, as far as I know...not sure I'd recognize her/him out of the dress and heels. lol)

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
13-12-2012, 08:57 AM
(13-12-2012 05:28 AM)Leela Wrote:  @earmuffs, a good friend of mine is transgender and has kind of a thick skin but she would feel offended being called a "tranny" or a "he-she". It is basically like calling gay people "fags". If you have a bit of respect you are not doing that.
meh, everyone's different.
And let's be real for a second, when is the world ever even a bit respectful of anything?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
13-12-2012, 09:45 AM
(13-12-2012 08:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 05:28 AM)Leela Wrote:  @earmuffs, a good friend of mine is transgender and has kind of a thick skin but she would feel offended being called a "tranny" or a "he-she". It is basically like calling gay people "fags". If you have a bit of respect you are not doing that.

meh, everyone's different.
And let's be real for a second, when is the world ever even a bit respectful of anything?

You live in a sad world, Muffs. Confused

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
13-12-2012, 09:59 AM
(13-12-2012 09:45 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 08:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  meh, everyone's different.

You live in a sad world, Muffs. Confused
So do 6,999,999,999 other human-beings.

13-12-2012, 10:29 AM
earmuffs, not sure what to say. I mean, it is basic moral behavious. If you don't want to be called names that you are uncomfortable with, you don't do that to others.
A very obvious joke between friends is different of course. Like if my husband tells me to go in the kitchen where I, the woman, belong, I laugh at him for that and then I go to the kitchen as I was told.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
13-12-2012, 11:23 PM
Oh my Gwynnies! You're all fucking gay. Can't stick around here, be sprouting rainbows and shit... Tongue

Yeah, I got it all figured out. I don't define myself by my sexuality, and having grown up "liberal," tend to find those who do to be cashing in on being the victim. Not here. Some of these discussions are meant to be insider and therapeutic, but...

Well, I just ain't gay. Undecided

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
14-12-2012, 12:32 AM
LGBT ramble
(13-12-2012 11:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Oh my Gwynnies! You're all fucking gay. Can't stick around here, be sprouting rainbows and shit... Tongue

Yeah, I got it all figured out. I don't define myself by my sexuality, and having grown up "liberal," tend to find those who do to be cashing in on being the victim. Not here. Some of these discussions are meant to be insider and therapeutic, but...

Well, I just ain't gay. Undecided

Try telling that to Ellen January. Tongue

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
14-12-2012, 01:12 AM
(13-12-2012 10:29 AM)Leela Wrote:  earmuffs, not sure what to say. I mean, it is basic moral behavious. If you don't want to be called names that you are uncomfortable with, you don't do that to others.
A very obvious joke between friends is different of course. Like if my husband tells me to go in the kitchen where I, the woman, belong, I laugh at him for that and then I go to the kitchen as I was told.
If random people calling you anything hurts your feelings, you might be overly sensitive.
14-12-2012, 03:17 AM (This post was last modified: 14-12-2012 03:57 AM by Vera.)
(14-12-2012 01:12 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  
(13-12-2012 10:29 AM)Leela Wrote:  earmuffs, not sure what to say. I mean, it is basic moral behavious. If you don't want to be called names that you are uncomfortable with, you don't do that to others.
If random people calling you anything hurts your feelings, you might be overly sensitive.
It really isn't about the person who gets offended, though, is it? It is about people who feel the need to call others names. But it's their problem and their ugly, insecure little selves that are being revealed, not the person at whom the offence is hurled.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-12-2012, 03:59 AM
(14-12-2012 03:17 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(14-12-2012 01:12 AM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  If random people calling you anything hurts your feelings, you might be overly sensitive.
It really isn't about the person who gets offended, though, is it? It is about people who feel the need to call others names. But it's their problem and their ugly, insecure little selves that are being revealed, not the person at whom the offence is hurled.
which is all well and good in theory, but you can't control other people and their actions you can only control how you react to it.