LGBT (sub)section?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-05-2017, 04:25 PM
LGBT (sub)section?
I wonder if this came up before.
But I was just thinking how great some kind of LGBT (sub)section would be. If needed it could be age restricted like the Intimacy section.
It could maybe go under the casual coffeehouse if it should be a subforum or as it's own section into either general discussion or the heavy stuff... something like that?

Anyway, just an idea because I see how many LGBT people we have on TTA.

Cheers,
Rob

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Leerob's post
28-05-2017, 04:32 PM
RE: LGBT (sub)section?
Thumbsup I like it.
28-05-2017, 04:36 PM
LGBTQA Wink

I... I've been thinking a lot about aces lately...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
28-05-2017, 04:48 PM
(28-05-2017 04:36 PM)Vera Wrote:  LGBTQA Wink

You know, the longer the abbreviation gets, the more even I roll my eyes. I think over all we have arrived at 7 letters by now: LGBTQIA. It's a bit exagerated in my opinion. But that's just me.
Anyway if we cannot agree on the short version, we can call it something else completely. "Pride section" or whatever.
Though I honestly think that nobody will cry if it is the short version LGBT. Short and spicy. No reason to over complicate.

Anyway, let's see what moms says (or whoever has a say on this stuff nowadays)

28-05-2017, 04:50 PM
I was just kidding (well, the first part anyway) Sadcryface

(See, you made *me* cry Rolleyes )

[Image: bz-panel-08-31-16.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
28-05-2017, 05:11 PM
"so far" lol yup that Big Grin

28-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Good idea. Name needs work. Something that isn't a series of letters so people won't feel excluded if their letter isn't represented.

"The Loft"? Consider Sounds like a cozy place to curl up and chat over a cup of hot cocoa but I'm not struck by it.

Mods will also want to implement a ban-from-this-section/ejector seat option because you simply know that some people won't be civil.

Should there be special rules for behavior in this section?

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
28-05-2017, 05:31 PM
In all seriousness, as reading this article recently, entitled Do We Need a Word for Everything and they were talking about how "having a word for something alters our perception of it in some way" and how "language sorts experiences into discrete packets of information that contain feelings and impressions. Once we’ve packaged an experience, we can communicate it to ourselves and others", so if this helps people come to better understand who they are and communicate it to others, more power to them really (and that's coming from someone who's really not into labels)

28-05-2017, 06:09 PM
Seems like self-segregation to me, I don't see the point.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 8 users Like earmuffs's post
28-05-2017, 09:10 PM
It seems somewhat redundant, if you ask me (which nobody did, of course). There's a health and Psychology section, World News.... I guess I don't see how having a separate section for LGBT would function any differently than it does now? What would you put in such a section that wouldn't be as good or better a fit in one of these other forums?
Thread Closed