LGBT (sub)section?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: LGBT (sub)section?
Yeah, but, epronovost, WHERE am I going to come and show everyone "how progressive and open-minded I am" I NEED a place for my libtard ego to roam free, you know. I'm a snowflake, I need to soar.

Facepalm

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-06-2017, 09:33 AM
(03-06-2017 09:26 AM)Vera Wrote:  Yeah, but, epronovost, WHERE am I going to come and show everyone "how progressive and open-minded I am" I NEED a place for my libtard ego to roam free, you know. I'm a snowflake, I need to soar.

Facepalm

Drinking Beverage

You'r on an atheist forum swetheart, defending the right of atheists to not have to care about religious BS. This already makes you little snowflake in a quasi safe space where you can show how progressive and open-minded you are about that sort of stuff. Just make a post in atheist section on how Christianity is full of shit and intolerant, you'll feel better gain a point of rep and a few likes.

/joke

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
03-06-2017, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 03-06-2017 09:56 AM by Vera.)
Or I can just skip all this and go straight to begging for rep points. What do you mean it's pathetic? Nah... Drinking Beverage

But it's not enough to just be open-minded about religion. I want to be the most open-mindedest l'il snowflake that ever was and I want the whole world to see it...

'Cause what OTHER reason could anyone conceivably have to want to talk about things like this?

(For the record, I don't care about a subsection one way or the other. I just find the degree of bile and hostility slightly surprising. Slightly, because I'm old enough not to be - too - surprised by such things. Especially coming from good, free-world-leading, have-some-democracy-you-brown-fucker-brought-to-you-courtesy-of-the-barrel-of-my-big-manly-gun 'murricans)

03-06-2017, 10:02 AM
(28-05-2017 06:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Seems like self-segregation to me, I don't see the point.

Being atheist in a theistic world is, as we know, fairly an "outcast" situation ... as is being homosexual in a hetro-centric society, being female in a patriarchy, being a person of color in a white privileged world, etc.,.

Maybe there could be just a section or sub-forum where such esoteric things are focused on. It might be called Out Loud. It could be very general discussion topics which might also deeply focus on those issues concerning any particular marginalized group or individual.

Except Nazis. Fuck them. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
03-06-2017, 10:28 AM
(02-06-2017 10:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I get the point but much of what you wrote are similar to reasons used that we needed a teen forum.

It was used, in the beginning and then fell off, much like many of the newer forums we've added. Why? I dunno, it seemed like a good idea since teens have issues that adults don't, they can offer advice to each other, etc. it's not like we don't have teens either...they just post in other areas.

To be fair, the teen forum served a dual purpose -
1. teens had their own place to yammer on in their own way with no bitchy input from the old farts - we oldies were often told to fuck off.
2. teens stopped hijacking threads with their irrelevant banter - if they started to, they could be advised to piss off to Teen world, which they did.

I think it helped to keep most discussions orderly and helped the teens establish their own autonomy. It worked ... and then, our teens grew up. I don't think it was a "failure" ... it was just outgrown. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
03-06-2017, 10:51 AM
So, I came in late...Is there an LGBTQ+ forum now? If we are still debating on it, I am personally for it. One of the major reasons I started moving away from religion was because of sexual identity and sexual issues as well as many of my friends who identify along the spectrum. I do appreciate the thought that the more sub-forums there are, the less we talk as a group; however, pulling a little from Michel Foucault, the act of religious governance seeks to govern all aspects of the human condition. Sexuality being a very large part of personal identity, and a source of societal control. Can we name a major religion that does not tell us who we fuck? When? How? I think we should have one is because many of the religious issues we have today (along the lines of the major religions of today) do have a plethora of laws, rules, commandments, against this minority group.

Racism does still exist of course it does and sexism as well and perhaps these forums can be debated on at another time. However, from my uneducated opinion, today's religions are less about/interpreted towards systematically oppressing certain ethnicity within the core texts, as they are "sexual deviants" and I hope that with the LGBTQ+ we could also consider a "women's issues" as well.

Just my two cents.
03-06-2017, 10:58 AM
(03-06-2017 10:28 AM)kim Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 10:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I get the point but much of what you wrote are similar to reasons used that we needed a teen forum.

It was used, in the beginning and then fell off, much like many of the newer forums we've added. Why? I dunno, it seemed like a good idea since teens have issues that adults don't, they can offer advice to each other, etc. it's not like we don't have teens either...they just post in other areas.

To be fair, the teen forum served a dual purpose -
1. teens had their own place to yammer on in their own way with no bitchy input from the old farts - we oldies were often told to fuck off.
2. teens stopped hijacking threads with their irrelevant banter - if they started to, they could be advised to piss off to Teen world, which they did.

I think it helped to keep most discussions orderly and helped the teens establish their own autonomy. It worked ... and then, our teens grew up. I don't think it was a "failure" ... it was just outgrown. Shy

Except it was not ever used. There are exactly 56 threads in that section none of which could not have fitted very easily elsewhere. That is by definition failure on a discussion forum. We have basically done what we are going to do. There is a thread which tbh is not much more than 3 posts if you remove all the "Hey this is a great idea" posts. Even money says it stays more or less unused and even better odds say it never gets to a 10th of what is needed for a sub-forum.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
03-06-2017, 11:19 AM
(03-06-2017 10:28 AM)kim Wrote:  ...

OK. You've persuaded me. I've changed my mind.

We should have a place to quarantine these people lest their strange ways spread and contaminate us normal people.

Angel

[Image: cat-among-pigeons.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
03-06-2017, 11:24 AM
For fuck's sake, is it SO hard to grasp?! NO ONE is talking about a subforum for LGBT PEOPLE, only a subforum for LGBT related topics.

Christ almighty!

(And I don't even want the subforum anyway. Or don't care either way. But the degree of WILLFUL thick-headedness is painful to watch!)

Fucking hell! There's a fucking TRAVEL section, which is like the most MEANINGLESS thing, you can talk about travel ANYWHERE but THIS is somehow the most unreasonable thing one could possibly ask for)

HELL'S FUCKING BELLS AND BUCKETS OF BLOOD!

03-06-2017, 11:28 AM
I admit it served a purpose at the time - for a bit. Often teens don't want to talk "teen" among "old" people. Exchanging experiences they have with their parents regarding religion would have been nice - it would have given them a voice and be heard by those who understood. But us adults couldn't keep our fingers off, plus the teens grew up and left. Since then teens have just been talking with adults here.

It was a nice idea, allowing them to open up more. But it didn't work.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
Thread Closed