Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-06-2017, 02:18 PM
RE: LGBT (sub)section?
(03-06-2017 02:06 PM)Vera Wrote:  ...
Forgive me if I'm wrong

OK. You're forgiven. Tongue

(03-06-2017 02:06 PM)Vera Wrote:  ...
Moms, I'm not sure if it's just a matter of badly chosen words. I think it might be... really different forum styles or something. But things are... not quite how they should be...

Are they not?

This is a discussion forum as well as being a community.

People get to use inflammatory words and other people get to inflamm right back.

Others can have perfectly civil discussions on potentially inflammatory topics.

That's how that knowledge and wisdom are acquired.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cool

Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 02:24 PM
So this is what it has devolved to - whose issues are more deserving? (As if it IS a question of choice between the two)

This is... really sad actually.

I'm out.

Probably for quite a while.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-06-2017, 02:45 PM
(03-06-2017 02:24 PM)Vera Wrote:  So this is what it has devolved to - whose issues are more deserving? (As if it IS a question of choice between the two)

This is... really sad actually.

I'm out.

Probably for quite a while.

Nope. Because it's not about issues, it's about structure... as I said earlier.

Smile

03-06-2017, 02:53 PM
Was going to edit my post but DLJ quoted me (without really saying anything, but let's not go there.)

Dom, I didn't mean to imply that older people aren't discriminated against (even though I was earlier today accused of being an adolescent and that was supposed to be an insult. Also, apparently I still look 18, yay for me. Or something), absolutely not.

However, as far as I understand it, it's not a section for people who are being discriminated against (sadly, this is way too many groups) and it's not about comparing who has it worse. It was just a suggestion (which was denied) about a section that deals with ALL SORTS of LGBT questions - who knows, maybe even happy ending stories. Not a place for licking wounds and segregating oneselves in order to feel marginalised and mistreated.

I repeat, the reaction and abuse hurled were completely uncalled for, no matter what one's opinion of the subject is.

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-06-2017, 03:02 PM
(03-06-2017 02:53 PM)Vera Wrote:  Was going to edit my post but DLJ quoted me (without really saying anything, but let's not go there.)

Dom, I didn't mean to imply that older people aren't discriminated against (even though I was earlier today accused of being an adolescent and that was supposed to be an insult. Also, apparently I still look 18, yay for me. Or something), absolutely not.

However, as far as I understand it, it's not a section for people who are being discriminated against (sadly, this is way too many groups) and it's not about comparing who has it worse. It was just a suggestion (which was denied) about a section that deals with ALL SORTS of LGBT questions - who knows, maybe even happy ending stories. Not a place for licking wounds and segregating oneselves in order to feel marginalised and mistreated.

I repeat, the reaction and abuse hurled were completely uncalled for, no matter what one's opinion of the subject is.

Vera, none of the above has anything to do with my point, which is that message boards with too many sections are unwieldy and lose members.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
03-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Fair enough, Dom. But *my* point wasn't about the section per se (that ship has sailed) but about the reaction it was met with. From people not concerned about the technical side of the issue.

[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
03-06-2017, 03:15 PM
(03-06-2017 03:09 PM)Vera Wrote:  Fair enough, Dom. But *my* point wasn't about the section per se (that ship has sailed) but about the reaction it was met with. From people not concerned about the technical side of the issue.

Yeah, and I shouldn't have seized the opportunity to bitch about age discrimination. That pot just finally boiled over...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
03-06-2017, 03:26 PM
Sorry about that. I can only imagine (or maybe not...) We suck so much sometimes...

"And oh, when I'm old and wise
Heavy words that tossed and blew me
Like autumn winds will blow right through me

And someday in the mist of time
When they ask you if you knew me
Remember that you were a friend of mine
As the final curtain falls before my eyes

Oh when I'm old and wise"

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
03-06-2017, 03:26 PM
The Amazon crew always seem quite nice to me but then I lose track of whose Amazon and I can't be in every thread, but I'm quite surprised TBH
03-06-2017, 03:31 PM
(03-06-2017 03:26 PM)adey67 Wrote:  The Amazon crew always seem quite nice to me but then I lose track of whose Amazon and I can't be in every thread, but I'm quite surprised TBH

Surprised at what? That, after coming from a shitty message board format like Amazon, some of them had some issues getting around this one? We do have a lot of forums and sub forums here...

Thread Closed