LGBT (sub)section?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-06-2017, 10:37 PM
RE: LGBT (sub)section?
(16-06-2017 07:20 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Having 'Lunch' eating a "Foot-long" white bread club sammich wi 'Double' Old English cheese, garlic aolia(sp?) Sauce.

If I feel hungry again in seven or so hours I have a big bowl into which will go '90 second' rice (Heat/steam in micro wave for 90 sec) and chicken cubes wi butter sauce.

Both perfect for a loooong cold winter's night.

Big Grin

EDIT: On phone. .. no idea how post ended up here. Sad Terribly sorry. Could Mods adjust, please?

No don't move it. This is the best post in the thread

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like Losty's post
17-06-2017, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2017 10:01 AM by GirlyMan.)
(16-06-2017 10:04 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 09:57 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  The entire point I was making in attacking was pointing out his hypocrisy.

I don't think he cares that much about the "attacks".
In this case I think he's just headstrong about his values and keen on defending them.
I doubt he's actually upset by any of this.

But, that's just how I'd feel. Maybe I'm wrong...

You're right that the CuntMuffin is not upset by any of this but you're wrong that he's doing this out of some sort of principle other than his own selfish personal amusement. (Not that there's anything wrong with that. Hell, that's why I'm here.) Dude gets off from being provocative. I admit that I too enjoy watching monkeys throw poo but it's best to do it while wearing a face shield. Smile

#sigh
17-06-2017, 10:08 AM
So, if he's not bothered, Girly, why does he keep lashing out at anyone who so much as dares disagree (or agree with his opponents) and bitching about it and Emma's" turning people against him"? Consider

Could it be that he's not used to people refusing to take his vile, demeaning shit lying down and is completely incapable of taking even one tenth of what he's been dishing out since forever?

[Image: tumblr_nlycz8nvJT1u5k40po1_400.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
17-06-2017, 12:19 PM
(17-06-2017 10:08 AM)Vera Wrote:  So, if he's not bothered, Girly, why does he keep lashing out at anyone who so much as dares disagree (or agree with his opponents) and bitching about it and Emma's" turning people against him"?

Cause he's a cunt.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
17-06-2017, 12:36 PM
Not mutually exclusive with being a crybaby.

[Image: crying-baby.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
17-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Fierce!

[Image: 19143107_10104845083081603_7102275947976...amp;w=1484]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
17-06-2017, 11:58 PM
Huh ???
19-06-2017, 09:17 AM
(16-06-2017 09:43 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Look, Emma, this is me going to be civil towards you because I feel we've made a little bit of headway towards that and I've just read this interaction between yourself, Jenny and Ato and I'm in a civil mood. Firstly though, @Ato, there's more to this interaction than just this thread and the split off one in the Viper Pit. When they're talking about me calling Emma a tranny they're referring to a thread I made about some topic when I used the word tranny in the OP, it wasn't directed at Emma but she took offense and made a rather 'malicious' post attacking me. That's what started everything.

I think any long time member that knows me knows that I am not a bigot, misogynist, homophobe. I mean, that's ridiculous. I think Ato and Jenny's interpretation of me is a close representation of me (except the troll part.. Dodgy ). I use colorful language or say things in certain ways because that's who I am. I like to write 'colorfully', it keeps it fresh and is more interesting to read or I can use it to get my point across in a more thought-provoking way. Much like a comedian does I guess, though I don't claim to be funny.

I've been on this forum a lot longer than you. I realize you signed up before me, but I mean I've been posting consistently for 5 years. I know this forum and we've always valued freedom of speech. We've never been protectionist. We're not like other forums who ban people all the time. We have very few rules, the only rules we have are to get rid of the obvious trouble makers, spammers, bots etc..
We value everyone equally no matter your religion, sex, age, ethnicity etc..
Go onto a Christian forum and tell them you're a transsexual atheist and see how long you last. As our glorious founder, Stark, always said, "this place isn't for everyone".

But don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should leave. It's good to have different people with different life experiences and opinions etc.. it's what keeps the discussions good. But you need to recognize that there are different people with different life experiences and opinions etc.. And I understand that you might see that statement as hypocritical coming from me but I disagree because as I've said, and others that know me better I'm sure can back me up here, I'm not a bigot, mysticist, homophobe as you try to make me out to be.

I don't do it maliciously, I'm not out to offend people, it's just how I write, who I am and how I choose to get my point across. If you don't like that that's fine but I'm not going to change who I am to suit you or apologize for whom I am. And considering the forum we are on I feel that my right to write the way I do trumps you being offended by it. This comes back to "this place isn't for everyone".

Now obviously there's a line where it goes from social commentary to 'maliciousness'. But YOU crossed that line first. You can ignore it all you like but you did go there first. And if someone is going to be 'malicious' towards me than I see that as open season to be 'malicious' back towards them for the same reasons you claim you're doing it to me, that I'm you're gonna just sit down and take it. KUSA, Rocket, Genesis, SYZ and now Vera are all guilty of this. I hadn't said anything to them but they all chose to jump in and 'maliciously' attack me.

Thanks for being civil, Muffs. Regarding my crossing that line first- I did overreact toward you initially. And I acknowledged that and apologized for it. And I'm still sorry for it. Although I have a feeling that that first encounter probably didn't ruin any chance of us seeing eye-to-eye. I'm skeptical that we'd ever reach such a point. Still, you'd continued your "open season" maliciousness on me beyond that initial reaction, as recently as the 5th of this month. Long after I'd apologized for it and we'd moved on from that thread.

And as I've said, time and again now, say what you want. You can say Tranny all you want. But I'll probably call you out on behavior that I think is shitty- just like you do to others. It's give and take and we'll have to let it be that.

But I think it might help you to recognize that you've, over your 5 years of consistent posting, managed to piss off many people and engender a disdain that maybe you didn't recognize in others. People are intimidated by you. Maybe the only reason you're just seeing the push back now is because they're sick of it. I assure you that I'm not organizing some cabal to attack you. You can be all the you that you are- but there's going to be blow-back. Maybe you should learn to let it go, just like you expect that I do.

Or, idk, stop being such an asshole? Consider

Whatever, in all honesty, we're likely never going to get along. I dislike you as a person, and I've not yet seen any reason that should change. Nor do I expect that you like me, or that that will ever change. And I'm pretty sure both of us are okay with that.

I think your approach is more destructive and less thought-provoking than you think (even recognizing my own failings in our past encounters). And it distracts from whatever message you're trying to convey, such that in order to make any headway, other people are needed to step in and do the talking for you.
Others disagree with me, and that's fine. Like you said, I've just as much right to be on these boards as you and I've always considered them an internet home.
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
19-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Quote:And I acknowledged that and apologized for it. And I'm still sorry for it.

I must have missed that post. (seriously, I don't mean that in a snarky way).

Quote:But I'll probably call you out on behavior that I think is shitty- just like you do to others. It's give and take and we'll have to let it be that.

I don't have a problem with that, I never have. But if you do so in a malicious way don't have a cry when I respond maliciously back is all I'm saying.
Also, I'm gonna argue my point no matter what it is. This is a forum afterall, it's all about discussion.

Quote:But I think it might help you to recognize that you've, over your 5 years of consistent posting, managed to piss off many people and engender a disdain that maybe you didn't recognize in others.

I'm fully aware I rub people the wrong way. I just don't care.

Quote:People are intimidated by you.

I'm a 25 (soon to be 26 tomorrow actually) kiwi that works part-time security at a local retail store and spends most of his time playing video games.
I assure you, I am not intimidating in the slightest, just opinionated.

Quote:Maybe the only reason you're just seeing the push back now is because they're sick of it.

I also assure you that this is not the first nor will it be the last, I'm sure, 'push back'.

Quote:Or, idk, stop being such an asshole? Consider

lol

Quote:And it distracts from whatever message you're trying to convey, such that in order to make any headway, other people are needed to step in and do the talking for you.

If people can't look past a few colorful words then that's their problem. I'm not going to change how I write because people are too sensitive to 'bad words'.
The need for others to step in to clarify isn't my fault, it's the fault of the people who don't get it the first time when I initially say it.

[Image: oscar.png]
20-06-2017, 01:01 AM
How can it be that this—previously—serious thread about LGBT issues has turned into a hostile debate centering around Earmuffs? Could it be that he's achieved yet another completely self-absorbed disruption of a further thread—apart from the many wherein he's already grandstanded?

The guy is obviously an immature, opinionated attention-seeker, and he doesn't really ever have anything constructive to add to any/all threads he partakes in. His comments on the whole amount to nothing more than cheap personal insults, obsessively crude language, deliberately inflammatory comments, and a determined derailment of any particular thread he posts in.

I'm repeatedly surprised that the moderators allow this sort of behaviour on what purports to be an adult forum, intended generally to let people debate interesting/important issues in a mature manner. Earmuffs' consistent childish behaviour and temper tantrums are the exact opposite of these aims.

And I know in the past that his typically puerile forum behaviour has been excused on the basis of "that's just Earmuffs being Earmuffs LOL". This, despite his repeated attacks on homosexuals and the LGBT community and—closer to home—his appalling personal attacks on our forum's LGBT members.

One of his latter comments says it all: "I'm fully aware I rub people the wrong way. I just don't care." It's more than obvious—he hardly needs to confirm it LOL.

Angry

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Thread Closed