LGBT (sub)section?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2017, 02:27 AM
RE: LGBT (sub)section?
(20-06-2017 01:01 AM)SYZ Wrote:  How can it be that this—previously—serious thread about LGBT issues has turned into a hostile debate centering around Earmuffs? Could it be that he's achieved yet another completely self-absorbed disruption of a further thread—apart from the many wherein he's already grandstanded?

The guy is obviously an immature, opinionated attention-seeker, and he doesn't really ever have anything constructive to add to any/all threads he partakes in. His comments on the whole amount to nothing more than cheap personal insults, obsessively crude language, deliberately inflammatory comments, and a determined derailment of any particular thread he posts in.

I'm repeatedly surprised that the moderators allow this sort of behaviour on what purports to be an adult forum, intended generally to let people debate interesting/important issues in a mature manner. Earmuffs' consistent childish behaviour and temper tantrums are the exact opposite of these aims.

And I know in the past that his typically puerile forum behaviour has been excused on the basis of "that's just Earmuffs being Earmuffs LOL". This, despite his repeated attacks on homosexuals and the LGBT community and—closer to home—his appalling personal attacks on our forum's LGBT members.

One of his latter comments says it all: "I'm fully aware I rub people the wrong way. I just don't care." It's more than obvious—he hardly needs to confirm it LOL.

Angry

[Image: a302ab6397657c507b4857bc261abf8d1025d5bc...5cfa43.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
20-06-2017, 02:34 AM
LOL... I obviously struck a raw nerve.

At least this silly post of Earmuffs only helps prove my point. Tongue

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
20-06-2017, 03:10 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 03:14 AM by earmuffs.)
Struck a raw nerve because I posted a picture of the Emperor making fun of you being mad? lolwut? Laughat
Please elaborate how me posting that picture equals "striking a raw nerve"? seriously, please share with the group.

[Image: 12215635.jpg]

It doesn't does it? No, you just want to get your little 2 cent dig in. Fuck if its true or not. Laughat
You're so transparent SYZ.
20-06-2017, 08:09 AM (This post was last modified: 20-06-2017 08:17 AM by jennybee.)
While I will say again I don't support or like the use of the T-word or tearing each other down in any way on either side, I do think Muffs was genuinely trying to explain himself--why he writes the way he does in his in his earlier post (#235) and was genuinely trying to make amends. I don't think continuing to stoke the fire when someone is trying to do that is really fair, imo.

I don't like the T word, I wish he wouldn't use it especially because I love Emma and I don't like seeing the way it hurts her--even if Muffs intent was not to do that and the T-word was meant more in a nonchalant way coming from his side. That said, that word has a sting and a trigger to it, so I think it's totally understandable that Emma got upset because even if you didn't mean it in any bigoted way, Muffs (which I don't think you did)--Emma has been subjected to actual bigots in her life who use that word to invoke hate, violence, and fear. As such, you can understand why she would get upset and have a strong reaction just upon seeing it--even if your personal intent was in no way malicious.

To Muffs, I do enjoy reading your social commentaries, and I do find you funny (minus certain words). That said, I am not going to tell you what words to or not to use, because free speech. I think you are a good writer and you have a good wit to you, I think your writing is good enough to stand on it's own without the added use of sting words. You can still be provocative without using those. By leaving those kinds of words out, more people can enjoy your writing and your humor and it still provides a debate. Again, I'm not trying to tell you what to do or how to write--just give you an outsider perspective.

I know you guys got off on the wrong foot, but Emma really is a great person and really, who can't use more friends? In terms of both sides, it can't really be fun to come on here and argue and tear each other down all the time, can it? I certainly wouldn't look forward to coming on here if that was the case, YMMV.

Anyway, just my two cents Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-06-2017, 09:09 AM
Can I get a Kumbaya in here?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
20-06-2017, 10:20 AM
(20-06-2017 01:01 AM)SYZ Wrote:  How can it be that this—previously—serious thread about LGBT issues has turned into a hostile debate centering around Earmuffs? Could it be that he's achieved yet another completely self-absorbed disruption of a further thread—apart from the many wherein he's already grandstanded?

The guy is obviously an immature, opinionated attention-seeker, and he doesn't really ever have anything constructive to add to any/all threads he partakes in. His comments on the whole amount to nothing more than cheap personal insults, obsessively crude language, deliberately inflammatory comments, and a determined derailment of any particular thread he posts in.

I'm repeatedly surprised that the moderators allow this sort of behaviour on what purports to be an adult forum, intended generally to let people debate interesting/important issues in a mature manner. Earmuffs' consistent childish behaviour and temper tantrums are the exact opposite of these aims.

And I know in the past that his typically puerile forum behaviour has been excused on the basis of "that's just Earmuffs being Earmuffs LOL". This, despite his repeated attacks on homosexuals and the LGBT community and—closer to home—his appalling personal attacks on our forum's LGBT members.

One of his latter comments says it all: "I'm fully aware I rub people the wrong way. I just don't care." It's more than obvious—he hardly needs to confirm it LOL.

Angry

Oh Jeez, that's some low quality bait. Look man, things were just getting civil up in here. Let's not fuck it up.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
20-06-2017, 04:02 PM
Quote:That said, that word has a sting and a trigger to it, so I think it's totally understandable that Emma got upset because even if you didn't mean it in any bigoted way, Muffs (which I don't think you did)--Emma has been subjected to actual bigots in her life who use that word to invoke hate, violence, and fear. As such, you can understand why she would get upset and have a strong reaction just upon seeing it--even if your personal intent was in no way malicious.

But this comes back to what I'm saying, I don't know everyone's background so why should I change me and walk on egg shells because there are a few people who might get 'triggered' by some things I write? If she has a problem with something she can say something but if she resorts to 'malicious' attacks, don't have a cry when I 'maliciously' attack back.

Quote:To Muffs, I do enjoy reading your social commentaries, and I do find you funny (minus certain words). That said, I am not going to tell you what words to or not to use, because free speech. I think you are a good writer and you have a good wit to you, I think your writing is good enough to stand on it's own without the added use of sting words. You can still be provocative without using those. By leaving those kinds of words out, more people can enjoy your writing and your humor and it still provides a debate. Again, I'm not trying to tell you what to do or how to write--just give you an outsider perspective.

Of course I can, I'm a genius. But I like writing like that and I don't want to have to censor myself for the sake of a few delicate snowflakes. Especially when this forum has never been about that.
20-06-2017, 05:29 PM
(20-06-2017 04:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:That said, that word has a sting and a trigger to it, so I think it's totally understandable that Emma got upset because even if you didn't mean it in any bigoted way, Muffs (which I don't think you did)--Emma has been subjected to actual bigots in her life who use that word to invoke hate, violence, and fear. As such, you can understand why she would get upset and have a strong reaction just upon seeing it--even if your personal intent was in no way malicious.

But this comes back to what I'm saying, I don't know everyone's background so why should I change me and walk on egg shells because there are a few people who might get 'triggered' by some things I write? If she has a problem with something she can say something but if she resorts to 'malicious' attacks, don't have a cry when I 'maliciously' attack back.

Quote:To Muffs, I do enjoy reading your social commentaries, and I do find you funny (minus certain words). That said, I am not going to tell you what words to or not to use, because free speech. I think you are a good writer and you have a good wit to you, I think your writing is good enough to stand on it's own without the added use of sting words. You can still be provocative without using those. By leaving those kinds of words out, more people can enjoy your writing and your humor and it still provides a debate. Again, I'm not trying to tell you what to do or how to write--just give you an outsider perspective.

Of course I can, I'm a genius. But I like writing like that and I don't want to have to censor myself for the sake of a few delicate snowflakes. Especially when this forum has never been about that.

I agree, it's hard to know every single person's backgrounds and triggers on here. What might offend one person, might not offend another person and so on. And I don't think anyone is suggesting you have to walk on egg shells. But I think when someone expresses emotional upset at a word, and it doesn't harm your writing at all not to use it (since you are a genius Wink )--why continue to use it?

I get that Emma was highly upset and went off on the initial post (but I think we can all agree, it was clearly an upsetting word for her and that's why she reacted that way). And she apologized for her initial reaction to you in the original post. So maybe everyone (not just you) just move on from there and let it go? No more put downs on either side.

It's hot as balls out, let all the snowflakes melt away into a zen puddle of happy sauce Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
21-06-2017, 07:58 AM
Hey guys, we should all play the new mafia game in the works and relax from all the controversy!!! Big Grin

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
09-07-2017, 06:48 AM
(20-06-2017 04:02 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Of course I can, I'm a genius. But I like writing like that and I don't want to have to censor myself for the sake of a few delicate snowflakes. Especially when this forum has never been about that.

It's amusing how you started calling people snowflakes long before anyone started calling you anything.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
Thread Closed