LGBT (sub)section?
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2017, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2017 04:59 PM by KUSA.)
LGBT (sub)section?
(31-05-2017 10:34 AM)Emma Wrote:  Then you leave a neg rep calling me a tranny and telling me to eat a dick.

His verbal abuse is repugnant. Look at some of the other trash he talks.
[Image: 4c0ff68eaf606b6c75c3c732aadb2743.jpg]

[Image: e35bb81f9bc69a8961bbb1920a0c4612.jpg]

[Image: 4cb9d5c8e8f239f5d0a18bebf04446ee.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
31-05-2017, 04:54 PM
RE: LGBT (sub)section?
KUSA,
The fact that you have been attempting to follow rules for the last couple weeks really doesn't put you in a great position to decide how rules should be enforced.

And as an aside,
This was to be a specific subsection about a specific topic. It's far from that even with DLJ throwing part of it into the Viper's Pit. It seems that the best thing to do it to go back to the topic this was established for and stop with the fighting. DLJ (I assume DLJ) did what he could to derail the derailment.

How about everyone take a breath and start again? Right now it's just a shit-tossing thread that is far from what the original intent was.

Back to your preciously scheduled program. Drinking Beverage

Apologies to LeeRob who tried to start something productive.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
31-05-2017, 05:31 PM
Thanks Anjele and thanks to those trying to keep this ontopic.

My last comment on this thread is this:
Whatever has become of this thread is bullshit. We are trying to establish whether or not a LGBT section is a good idea. Instead we are talking about cencorship, about derailment, about pm's that have been published, about who is annoying, about trolls.
What have we accomplished here? Nothing.

Internet-rule number one:
[Image: don__t_feed_the_troll___by_blag001-d5r7e47.png]

Do what you want here. I am officially abandoning this thread because nothing is coming out of it obviously.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
31-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Well, maybe if you kept your tranny friend on a tighter leash things would remain civil.

[Image: oscar.png]
02-06-2017, 09:46 AM
I would personnaly support the idea of a subforum dedicated to LGBTQ issues (by that I mean a subforum where discussions are centered on LGBTQ issues, not a club where only LGBTQ members can post). These are usually pretty ''popular'' threads both in the politics, world news, atheism and personal issues subforum. Considering the variety of subject touched by LGBTQ discussion, the special position of these people in religious societies, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. Of course, it might make things more complicated for moderators since some threads would require a strong moderation (like comming out threads or those linked to personnal issues) while others wouldn't.

PS: I know it doesn't have any pertinence to the subject of this thread, but I would consider merging the World News thread and the politic thread since both overlap pretty much all the time.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 1 user Likes epronovost's post
02-06-2017, 10:53 AM
(02-06-2017 09:46 AM)epronovost Wrote:  I would personnaly support the idea of a subforum dedicated to LGBTQ issues (by that I mean a subforum where discussions are centered on LGBTQ issues, not a club where only LGBTQ members can post). These are usually pretty ''popular'' threads both in the politics, world news, atheism and personal issues subforum. Considering the variety of subject touched by LGBTQ discussion, the special position of these people in religious societies, it doesn't seem like a bad idea to me. Of course, it might make things more complicated for moderators since some threads would require a strong moderation (like comming out threads or those linked to personnal issues) while others wouldn't.

PS: I know it doesn't have any pertinence to the subject of this thread, but I would consider merging the World News thread and the politic thread since both overlap pretty much all the time.

Any LGBT topics fit into already existing subforums, there's no need for a specific LGBT subforum.

02-06-2017, 11:18 AM
LGBT (sub)section?
(31-05-2017 09:31 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well, maybe if you kept your tranny friend on a tighter leash things would remain civil.

[Image: 73d7910c2ef0e5574524ea353bb82fb6.jpg]
[+] 5 users Like KUSA's post
02-06-2017, 11:31 AM
(02-06-2017 10:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Any LGBT topics fit into already existing subforums, there's no need for a specific LGBT subforum.

Of course, there are no topics that cannot be discussed on this forum from funny cat memes, to sport, passing by creationist argument. Of course, LGBTQ issues are discussed. A new subforum would mearly reorganise how we classify threads and search for conversations and informations on specific subjects. A new subforum would change nothing to the content of the TTA, only how the content is organised.

Freedom is servitude to justice and intellectual honesty.
[+] 2 users Like epronovost's post
02-06-2017, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2017 07:42 PM by earmuffs.)
(02-06-2017 11:31 AM)epronovost Wrote:  
(02-06-2017 10:53 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Any LGBT topics fit into already existing subforums, there's no need for a specific LGBT subforum.

Of course, there are no topics that cannot be discussed on this forum from funny cat memes, to sport, passing by creationist argument. Of course, LGBTQ issues are discussed. A new subforum would mearly reorganise how we classify threads and search for conversations and informations on specific subjects. A new subforum would change nothing to the content of the TTA, only how the content is organised.

It would encourage the alienation of the LGBT community.
What's to stop, as DLJ said, having a Welsh-Austro-Jewish subforum or whatever.

The current sections are divided by interests/hobbies they're inclusive of all people. You can be gay and like video games, you can be straight and like video games.
These things are things in this world that unite us. They're who you are as a person. If you have a specific LGBT subforum you alienate those that aren't LGBT. Yes, they can post in that section but it's not about who can and cannot post it's about what it represents. People can't help being gay as much as they can't help being straight.

This forum's ethos has always been about inclusion, equality etc.. we have LGBT members, straight members, we have black members, white members, Welsh, Kiwi, Croatian, American, Canadian, South African etc.. BUT we're all united by religion (or lack of) or philosophy or video games or bitching about things etc..

Why is the LGBT community so special to warrant their own subforum? Why does Leerob get her subforum and not DLJ?

No. We shouldn't have a special subforum because we should be striving for equality for ALL and not giving special priveledges to just one segment of the forum simply because they were born different.

@Emma and KUSA, you can call me a racist, transphobic misogynist all you like but the truth is that I'm the only one calling for true equality.

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
02-06-2017, 08:29 PM
This is starting to sound like a "black lives matter" versus "all lives matter" argument.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
Thread Closed