LGBTQA Christians

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 2 Average
04-09-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: LGBTQA Christians
It's gonna take a big bracelet or ribbon or bumper sticker to get all those letters listed. Good grief.

How about NSH - Not Strictly Hetero?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2013, 11:50 AM
(04-09-2013 11:30 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 07:45 AM)PharaohKatt Wrote:  As far as I'm aware, A is for Asexual, not Allies.

It can be either. You can even go LGBTQPIAAP Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Pansexual, Intersex, Allied, Asexual, and Pansexual. Honestly, its too fucking much. Just come with some goddamn blanket term that means not strictly straight. You know what? Hence forth I proclaim everyone that isn't strictly straight to be crooked. Deal with it. If you are allied you don't get a letter, because fuck you, you just don't deserve one.

Progressive, theres your blanket term.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-09-2013, 02:44 PM
Progressive can mean any number of things as well. Nope, I'm going with crooked.

04-09-2013, 03:09 PM
"Queer" used to be a pejorative, but nowadays it's been claimed by, and proudly used by, large parts of the community for a blanket term.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
04-09-2013, 04:03 PM
(04-09-2013 07:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 02:48 AM)Caveman Wrote:  It's getting ridiculous.
Power to everyone for seeking support.
But most of these are completely unrelated.
Bi? That's either a straight person that also kinda likes their own gender or gay that also likes the opposite gender. It's a lifestyle choice.
Transgender: Has absolutely nothing to do with homosexuality. That was clearly established in the other topic.
And the recent addition of Questioning and Allies is just ridiculous. As if the club is now open to muggels/straights that weren't allowed in before.

It's a coalition of outcast and oppressed groups. Why is that a problem for you?

Because a line has to be drawn somewhere. Atheists are outcasts too. Racism is still a thing. Why not vegans?

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
04-09-2013, 04:04 PM
(04-09-2013 04:03 PM)Caveman Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 07:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's a coalition of outcast and oppressed groups. Why is that a problem for you?

Because a line has to be drawn somewhere. Atheists are outcasts too. Racism is still a thing. Why not vegans?

'Cause vegans are just stupid. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-09-2013, 04:29 PM
(04-09-2013 04:03 PM)Caveman Wrote:  
(04-09-2013 07:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  It's a coalition of outcast and oppressed groups. Why is that a problem for you?

I am not gay and I am not straight. I AM bisexual. Sorry I don't fit into your monosexual box. Well no I'm not sorry. I am a woman with a great capacity for love, and unlike some gender isn't a factor. That doesn't mean I don't have preferences when it comes to looks, or that I don't have standards. As a matter of fact I'd say it makes me very picky. But it's people like you who make it hard for me to find a place in the queer community. Thanks for making me feel like just another letter in the acronym.
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
04-09-2013, 04:34 PM
Bisexual women are the bestest. Just sayin.'

Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're an incredible slouch.

Martin Luther was the "father" of two movements - The Reformation and Nazism.
04-09-2013, 06:10 PM
I thought you claimed 'pansexual'? Whatever, who gives a shit? Not me. People are people, ergo humanist.

04-09-2013, 06:19 PM
(04-09-2013 06:10 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I thought you claimed 'pansexual'? Whatever, who gives a shit? Not me. People are people, ergo humanist.

Some people have labeled me pan and some have labeled me bi personally I don't see don't see the for the labels. And there is huge overlap in pan/bi-ness. As I rate myself about a 3.6 on the Kinsey scale, I don't really care but I can't stand biphobes.