LIES THAT PAUL MADE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: LIES THAT PAUL MADE
Nope. Just let me know if any of the paragraph breaks are in the wrong place. To be perfectly honest, I was guessing half the time, having trouble following the progression of your thoughts. That's my fault as a reader (and a little your fault as a writer), but not everyone has the same communication skills. Sorry if that comes off as an insult. Some people are just better at writing than others (and some folks are better at reading comprehension than others).
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 03:42 PM
(15-01-2014 03:36 PM)TwoCultSurvivor Wrote:  Nope. Just let me know if any of the paragraph breaks are in the wrong place. To be perfectly honest, I was guessing half the time, having trouble following the progression of your thoughts. That's my fault as a reader (and a little your fault as a writer), but not everyone has the same communication skills. Sorry if that comes off as an insult. Some people are just better at writing than others (and some folks are better at reading comprehension than others).

Nope no insult...
18-01-2014, 11:40 AM
(14-01-2014 06:11 AM)truthBtold Wrote:  Paul still felt the need to obey the Law after the death of jesus, even laws concerning sin offerings as an atonement for sin. Christians havent studied deeply enough to search out these truths buried beneath the pages of their Bibles.
Or maybe Christians have studied more deeply than you and know that Paul's position was that such rituals were meaningless per se, and that it's intent that matters. If you're really interested read 1 Cor 8 - 10.
18-01-2014, 11:51 AM
(18-01-2014 11:40 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(14-01-2014 06:11 AM)truthBtold Wrote:  Paul still felt the need to obey the Law after the death of jesus, even laws concerning sin offerings as an atonement for sin. Christians havent studied deeply enough to search out these truths buried beneath the pages of their Bibles.
Or maybe Christians have studied more deeply than you and know that Paul's position was that such rituals were meaningless per se, and that it's intent that matters. If you're really interested read 1 Cor 8 - 10.

I did.. but do u agree he was wrong for doing it?
18-01-2014, 12:09 PM
(18-01-2014 11:51 AM)truthBtold Wrote:  I did.. but do u agree he was wrong for doing it?
No. He explains the rationale. One who has a more mature understanding of such things should defer to those with a less mature understanding so as not to sidetrack them.
18-01-2014, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 18-01-2014 01:38 PM by Bucky Ball.)
BTW, truthBtold, "more mature understanding" means "those who agree with me are *more mature*". Dodgy
The fact is the "Pauls" (and there was more than one writing under that name with vastly different philosophies),
used the old law when it was convenient for them to do so, and said they were free from it when that was convenient.
Their writings are a vast hodge-podge of contradictions which require amazing contortions by apologists to try to explain away.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
18-01-2014, 03:08 PM
It's a practice common to many fields. When people are first studying physics, they're taught the laws of motion. Later, when they're more mature in the field, they learn that those laws aren't really laws. You don't spin those things as contradictions which require contortions to explain away. The professor teaching the laws of motion likely knew they weren't laws at the time. He wasn't lying or denying deeper concepts. Same with Paul.
18-01-2014, 03:15 PM
(18-01-2014 03:08 PM)alpha male Wrote:  It's a practice common to many fields. When people are first studying physics, they're taught the laws of motion. Later, when they're more mature in the field, they learn that those laws aren't really laws. You don't spin those things as contradictions which require contortions to explain away. The professor teaching the laws of motion likely knew they weren't laws at the time. He wasn't lying or denying deeper concepts. Same with Paul.

Name ONE physics professor you know. The "laws of motion aren't really laws".
Fallacy of the false analogy. The observed event s are consistent, UNLIKE the writings of the people named Paul. The question is not the label, but the content.
Have you ever considered taking a Critical Thinking class ? And you know that EXACTLY how, about Paul ? Were you there ? Did YOu talk to him/them ? Fact is, just like all apologists, you make up shit, to suit the moment, and expect people to swallow your shit.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
18-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Paul was nothing more than an inhumane con man who realized the benefits of pretending to be taken with the holy spirit.

He probably had some sort of mind disease, akin to syphilis, just as all the other biblical writers had.
[+] 1 user Likes Foxen's post
18-01-2014, 03:22 PM
(18-01-2014 03:15 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Name ONE physics professor you know. The "laws of motion aren't really laws".
Fallacy of the false analogy. The observed event s are consistent, UNLIKE the writings of the people named Paul. The question is not the label, but the content.
Have you ever considered taking a Critical Thinking class ? And you know that EXACTLY how, about Paul ? Were you there ? Did YOu talk to him/them ? Fact is, just like all apologists, you make up shit, to suit the moment, and expect people to swallow your shit.
Quite the ramble. Drooling