LIES THAT PAUL MADE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-01-2014, 05:39 AM
RE: LIES THAT PAUL MADE
(18-01-2014 05:18 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Re
"What benefits were those?"

Like all cult leaders, he did his best to bolster his personal power and prestige. I think his ego was partly responsible for his self-styled theology. Despite his wordy protestations that he was only working for everyone else’s welfare, his letters lay bare his burning need to browbeat the reader into believing that he was the ultimate authority.
Such arguments work with some religious leaders, but they don't work well with Paul. He was already a religious leader with the mainstream religion of his time and place before converting. He had more power, privilege and prestige as Saul than he did as Paul. As Saul, he was the one with the authority to throw people in jail. As Paul, he was the one being thrown in jail.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2014, 06:28 AM (This post was last modified: 19-01-2014 10:12 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(19-01-2014 05:34 AM)alpha male Wrote:  That's what good writers/speakers do. I give presentations to professionals and write a blog for general consumption. The speech to professionals is a lot different than a blog post on the same topic, but I'm not lying in either.

There is no evidence in your crap postings on TTA that you possess any ability in that area, at all. Are you lying also ?
The 911 bombers were willing to die for their beliefs. Doesn't make them true.
BTW, which Paul are you talking about ?
Maybe you should learn something. http://oyc.yale.edu/religious-studies/rlst-152

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
19-01-2014, 11:03 AM
(14-01-2014 10:05 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Why grammar works:

Let's eat kids.Sadcryface
Let's eat, kids. Yes

[Image: oxford-comma-cartoon.jpg]

(14-01-2014 10:32 AM)truthBtold Wrote:  i will for sure not use paragraphs just to make everyone happy..happy..happy..

Honestly, every thread I see you start, I see a huge wall of TL;DR text. Now, you certainly don't have to change the way that you post to appease me (or other posters), but I also don't have to read your posts.

It's not so much a matter of us being assholes trying to bend you to our will, but mostly us commenting on how tiring it is to try and read walls of text. It's amazing what a bit of white space and punctuation can do to the readability of written content.
[+] 2 users Like RobbyPants's post
19-01-2014, 12:08 PM
(14-01-2014 06:11 AM)truthBtold Wrote:  (Romans 10:4) (Galatians 3:24-26) (Ephesians 2:15) states there no longer is a sacrificial system. Jesus’ blood sacrifice paid the penalty for sins once and for all. The Levitical ceremonial laws do not apply today. But in (Acts 21:17-26) Paul takes the Navarite vow. Paul preached that jesus was the sacrifical lamb and told people there is no need for animal sacrifice. anymore. We should expect to find examples in Paul’s life where he lives out the doctrines of salvation espoused in the book of Hebrews…especially the one concerning of Jesus Christ’s death as the final atonement for sin. We find an example in the Apostle Paul’s life where he goes against the teachings of the book of Hebrews and brings a blood sacrifice for sin as an atonement after the cross.. Paul demonstrates through a Nazarite vow and its accompanying blood sacrifices (Num 6) that he was obedient to the rules and laws of the Pentateuch and the Mosaic Law. And since this offering occurs after the cross, the ramifications of such an offering if is “blood” has staggering consequences for traditional Christianity. (Num 6), blood sacrifices had to be brought in fulfillment of the Nazarite vow which Paul was obedient to over 30 years after the cross? Paul didnt believe, as seen in his actions, that Jesus was the last sacrifice once and for all? The writer of the book of Hebrews 10:1-2 is correct when it states that blood sacrifices for sin had “ceased to be offered?” How about (Hebrews 9:12-14) (Hebrews 9:28) (Hebrews 10:1-2) (Hebrews 10:10-18). How can we believe Hebrews 10:14 where it says we are “perfected forever” by the sacrifice of Jesus when just 30 years later the Apostle Paul was still bringing sin offerings to the Temple (after the death of jesus). Paul did not think that Jesus's death was a sacrifice to end all sacrifices. Paul still felt the need to obey the Law after the death of jesus, even laws concerning sin offerings as an atonement for sin. Christians havent studied deeply enough to search out these truths buried beneath the pages of their Bibles. What does that do to the teachings people hear week after week in churches, preached by those who repeat what they have heard and not studied out for themselves? Can you now see that the Law had never passed away after the cross and people have severely misunderstood the message of the Bible.

He might have said something in that jumbled mess above.

I don't fucking know.

I am done here.

That will be all.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
19-01-2014, 01:38 PM
(19-01-2014 11:03 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(14-01-2014 10:05 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  Why grammar works:

Let's eat kids.Sadcryface
Let's eat, kids. Yes

[Image: oxford-comma-cartoon.jpg]

(14-01-2014 10:32 AM)truthBtold Wrote:  i will for sure not use paragraphs just to make everyone happy..happy..happy..

Honestly, every thread I see you start, I see a huge wall of TL;DR text. Now, you certainly don't have to change the way that you post to appease me (or other posters), but I also don't have to read your posts.

It's not so much a matter of us being assholes trying to bend you to our will, but mostly us commenting on how tiring it is to try and read walls of text. It's amazing what a bit of white space and punctuation can do to the readability of written content.

Agree. If everyone had manners and posted like u did , things would of been different from the beginning. . Thank you
19-01-2014, 02:39 PM
(19-01-2014 01:38 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 11:03 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  [Image: oxford-comma-cartoon.jpg]

Agree. If everyone had manners and posted like u did , things would of been different from the beginning. . Thank you

It's about communication. You apparently don't understand that. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
19-01-2014, 04:00 PM
(19-01-2014 05:39 AM)alpha male Wrote:  
(18-01-2014 05:18 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  Re
"What benefits were those?"

Like all cult leaders, he did his best to bolster his personal power and prestige. I think his ego was partly responsible for his self-styled theology. Despite his wordy protestations that he was only working for everyone else’s welfare, his letters lay bare his burning need to browbeat the reader into believing that he was the ultimate authority.
Such arguments work with some religious leaders, but they don't work well with Paul. He was already a religious leader with the mainstream religion of his time and place before converting. He had more power, privilege and prestige as Saul than he did as Paul. As Saul, he was the one with the authority to throw people in jail. As Paul, he was the one being thrown in jail.

You haven't looked deeply enough into the history. Paul was quite clearly a Roman government employee.

Thijs Voskuilen and Rose Mary Sheldon co-wrote “Operation Messiah.” They postulate that Paul was
“…supporting the imperial structure, benefiting from it, cooperating with it, often saved by it. The end product for Rome was exactly what it wanted - a loyal, other –worldly, spiritual movement that was completely divorced from Palestinian revolutionary movements, from Jewish nationalism and from any challenge to Roman imperial authority. Its followers were supposed to pay taxes and be loyal citizens of the emperor.”
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-01-2014, 05:05 PM
(19-01-2014 02:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 01:38 PM)truthBtold Wrote:  Agree. If everyone had manners and posted like u did , things would of been different from the beginning. . Thank you

It's about communication. You apparently don't understand that. Drinking Beverage

You apparently still dont understand. And need a special explanation: so I will try again for special people.... if u send a rude comment about the way the thread is written, a rude response is in order.
19-01-2014, 05:47 PM
(19-01-2014 04:00 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You haven't looked deeply enough into the history. Paul was quite clearly a Roman government employee.

Thijs Voskuilen and Rose Mary Sheldon co-wrote “Operation Messiah.” They postulate that Paul was
“…supporting the imperial structure, benefiting from it, cooperating with it, often saved by it. The end product for Rome was exactly what it wanted - a loyal, other –worldly, spiritual movement that was completely divorced from Palestinian revolutionary movements, from Jewish nationalism and from any challenge to Roman imperial authority. Its followers were supposed to pay taxes and be loyal citizens of the emperor.”
Holy cow...you call this looking deeply into the history?
http://thijsvoskuilen.blogspot.com/2008/...ateur.html

And people call me a troll... Rolleyes
19-01-2014, 06:08 PM
(19-01-2014 05:47 PM)alpha male Wrote:  
(19-01-2014 04:00 PM)Mark Fulton Wrote:  You haven't looked deeply enough into the history. Paul was quite clearly a Roman government employee.

Holy cow...you call this looking deeply into the history?
http://thijsvoskuilen.blogspot.com/2008/...ateur.html

And people call me a troll... Rolleyes

Typical.
"Retorts", but completely unable to even begin to discuss the issues at hand.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post