26-09-2015, 11:32 AM
LIGO Gravity wave rumor!
https://mobile.twitter.com/LKrauss1/stat...9678750720
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Timj's post
26-09-2015, 02:51 PM
RE: LIGO Gravity wave rumor!
Sweet. Watched the video in the comments, the 3 km senor tunnel is sensitive to a change in length of 1/100th the width of a proton...wizard.

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
26-09-2015, 03:16 PM
Gasp

Was just reading an article about how gravitational wave detection has been made of fail. They best get it nailed down before they announce some measurement error like the neutrino catz.

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
26-09-2015, 06:55 PM
Yeah, this may end up being another calibration signal. But my fingers are crossed.
27-09-2015, 12:46 AM
If the wave wasn't detected at both detectors I wouldn't put a lot of credence into it.
27-09-2015, 04:25 AM
I rolled out of bed and my eyes were still blurry so this read as "LEGO Gravy Rumor" Laugh out load

I hope this turns out to be legit! The implications are groundbreaking! We get this and now NASA has a huge announcement on Monday? It's like an early xmas Big Grin

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
27-09-2015, 10:37 AM
(27-09-2015 04:25 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  I rolled out of bed and my eyes were still blurry so this read as "LEGO Gravy Rumor" Laugh out load

I hope this turns out to be legit! The implications are groundbreaking! We get this and now NASA has a huge announcement on Monday? It's like an early xmas Big Grin

I wonder what the Mars announcement will be? More microbial byproducts? (Methane, etc...?)
27-09-2015, 10:53 AM
But it would be amaaahzing if we could make gravy out of legos.

(At the Bishop's School in SD, where my little bro goes, there's a room I walk past if I go pick him up. "Don't touch the Legos" it *commands*. Now I know why.) Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
27-09-2015, 10:57 AM
(27-09-2015 04:25 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  I hope this turns out to be legit! The implications are groundbreaking! We get this and now NASA has a huge announcement on Monday? It's like an early xmas Big Grin

That and a supermoon lunar eclipse...it's a hell of a weekend

A man should not believe in an ism, he should believe in himself. -Ferris Bueller

That's what a ship is, you know. It's not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails, that's what a ship needs but what a ship is... what the Black Pearl really is... is freedom. -Jack Sparrow
[+] 1 user Likes Imathinker's post
27-09-2015, 11:41 AM
(27-09-2015 10:57 AM)Imathinker Wrote:  
(27-09-2015 04:25 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  I hope this turns out to be legit! The implications are groundbreaking! We get this and now NASA has a huge announcement on Monday? It's like an early xmas Big Grin

That and a supermoon lunar eclipse...it's a hell of a weekend

I'm taking my kids to the observatory tonight to watch it

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.