LOL

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-10-2011, 09:01 PM
LOL
Earlier today, i was having a coffee and reading a story by Thomas King. He's so wonderfully weird, it made me laugh out loud several times.
Tonight, just as it was growing dark, i looked out the front window, and there was a chubby young raccoon, hanging by his hind legs from two small branches, head down in the bird-feeder, looking absolutely ridiculous. I laughed my head off.

What gives you a clean, simple, purely happy laugh?

It's not the mean god I have trouble with - it's the people who worship a mean god.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Peterkin's post
20-10-2011, 09:16 PM
RE: LOL
I am sure a dangling racoon might give me the chuckles but we do not have racoons here so I guess I'll have to wait to find out. The best laughs for me lately have been the ridiculous, rapid-fire, online, one-liners that my sister and I engage in, usually on her facebook wall. Posts of 150+ comments in under an hour are common as we escalate the insanity. Since I live an entire continent away from her and the rest of my family, it's rare that we are online at the same time and it's really great when we are. And I always laugh like a lunatic at something she writes somewhere in the process!

Atheism is a non-prophet organisation. Cool
[+] 1 user Likes Saimmaq's post
20-10-2011, 09:30 PM
(20-10-2011 09:01 PM)Peterkin Wrote:  What gives you a clean, simple, purely happy laugh?

Imagining a a chubby young raccoon, hanging by his hind legs from two small branches, head down in the bird-feeder, looking absolutely ridiculous.

Thanks!

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
21-10-2011, 08:50 AM
Terry pratchetts books make me laugh out loud.

Doug Stanhope and Billy connoly have me laughing so much I can hardly breath.

Then there is good old british slapstick humour.....

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-10-2011, 09:56 AM
The IT Crowd.

I can't stop giggling like an idiot when that's on.

We make our world significant by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers.

- Carl Sagan
21-10-2011, 10:01 AM
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/645270...coffee-run

The other videos in this series are pretty good but I like this one the best.

And another classic Star Wars Parody is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xV7Ha3VDbzE

These always leave me laughing.

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
23-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I just watched my dog chase a lazer pointer like a maniac for 5 minutes. She is a staffy, so is a tough looking, very powerful dog. She's also a big suck, and after the five minutes she just sat down and whined until I gave her a friggin hug.

That was so funny I had tears streaming down my face.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
23-10-2011, 11:17 AM
I love the IT crowd, definitely makes me laugh. Archer makes me laugh, and so does Arrested Development.

The conversations at my workplace are often good for a laugh too. My wife and I laugh a lot together also.
23-10-2011, 12:54 PM
"Cruel Shoes" by Steve Martin.

One of my brothers read this book cover to cover to a family get together last Thanksgiving with an absolutely strait face. There were 7 people rolling on the floor, pissing their pants including me. But to appreciate the humor you must be criminally insane or have severe damage to the left hemisphere of your brain.

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
26-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Recently I've gotten into "The Big Bang Theory" on TV. The characters are quirky and endearing and the one-liners can be hilarious. Tonight there was an episode where the guys were in a Chinese restaurant and they did a riff on a typo on the menu, "Shrimp with mobster sauce." I almost fell off the couch laughing.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.