LSD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-11-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: LSD
(10-11-2014 04:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 04:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why people have a stifling need to take drugs will always confuse the shit out of me.
And why members of TTA will happily encourage some 17 year to take LSD will also confuse the shit out of me.

What thread are you reading?? Everyone is advising the 17 year old in question to excercise caution at every turn!!

If you think us telling Magoo not to do LSD is gonna keep Magoo from doing LSD, you're nuts. He'll make his decision, and I'm going to do my best to make sure it's an informed one.

Exercise caution but not advising against doing it. In fact, you said you did it and it was "great". Maybe advising him against doing it could change his opinion about doing it.. I'm not saying it 100% would change his opinion but I can assure you that saying it is "great" isn't exactly off-putting.

A 17 year old says "man, I think I wanna do LSD" and you're immediate reaction is "I've done it, it's great shit dude,just make sure you get the good shit"? wtf is wrong with you? "Go smoke weed instead" would have been a better response...

LSD is illegal which means it is unregulated. This is a mind altering drug we're talking about, that's not really something you should be leaving up to some nutbag hippy fooling around with chemicals in his garage on the weekend. Magoo doesn't have a reliable source and is saying he's gonna get this off silk road and nobody has a problem with this? This isn't the 60's, it's been illegal for 40+ years. People can't be trusted to make their mothers 40 year old chocolate chip cookie recipe exactly the same let alone fucking lsd... Not to mention these are drug dealers. By definition drug dealers don't care all that much about their customers health... they're like McDonalds pre-salad.

How would you feel if Magoo brought some LSD off some anonymous drug dealer and killed himself when he took it? You could have prevented that, but nope, now Magoo's dead. Now his mothers all upset and shit and they have a funeral and all his little friends turn up and there's people talking about what could have been etc.. and how if only someone was there to tell him not to buy lsd from some deranged hippy desperate for a quick buck and so sold cyanide labeled as lsd to the first chumb willing to buy it, in this case it was Magoo.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2014, 07:40 PM
(10-11-2014 04:02 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 03:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's hard, because as Stark mentioned where you take it is just as important as where you get it from.

You should take it with a trusted person who doesn't take anything.

They can remind you that you've dropped acid.

Only buy from someone you trust -- you can't find anyone you trust don't do it.

The person who will be with you should also have had experience with LSD, and moms is right, they should be sober at the time.

I have had a lot of LSD many years ago.

One bad drug. That is very dangerous. It can happen even to the experienced buyer. There is always that risk... it had my heart beating so fast I almost had a heart attack at age 17.

I also had many good trips though, and I have been a trip companion (sober when others took acid) many times.

It does seem to open up a different perspective, but if you continue the experiment, it starts fitting in and just becomes a wider perspective. After that it gets boring, or at least it did for me. It appeared finite to me, once you read the book, you're done.

I did probably have around 100 trips...

A hundred trips! Holy shit! been there, done that, but not a hundred! Wow!
11-11-2014, 08:01 PM
(10-11-2014 05:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A couple dozen times back in the 70s. Blotter was a favorite. I don't think I would try what's on the streets now though I had some interesting experiences back in the day.

Went to the movie "Jeremiah Johnson" while tripping - I still can't watch that movie. I have tried to watch it different times over the years but it just isn't the same as I remember. It makes me nervous and twitchy to try to watch the movie as it really is.

Anj Laugh out load

I'm imagining that scene where the old guy is like, "hey pilgrim! you sure you can skin grizz?"
"I can skin anything!" (or something like that)
"gigglez"
Then the old guy promptly lures a grizzly into the shed with Jeremiah. "skin that one pilgrim, and I'll find ya another!" Evil_monster

(Anj in the audience) o.m.f.G A GRIZZLY BEAR!!! *everybody stares*

I kid Tongue [Image: smiley-hug013.gif]

11-11-2014, 08:28 PM
I had a brutal one-time experience, it was traumatizing. I was drugged without knowing it because someone in high school thought it would be funny. Worst ever. Taking someone to a graveyard when they don't even know they ingested LSD is not funny ever. Sad
11-11-2014, 08:35 PM
(11-11-2014 08:01 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 05:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  A couple dozen times back in the 70s. Blotter was a favorite. I don't think I would try what's on the streets now though I had some interesting experiences back in the day.

Went to the movie "Jeremiah Johnson" while tripping - I still can't watch that movie. I have tried to watch it different times over the years but it just isn't the same as I remember. It makes me nervous and twitchy to try to watch the movie as it really is.

Anj Laugh out load

I'm imagining that scene where the old guy is like, "hey pilgrim! you sure you can skin grizz?"
"I can skin anything!" (or something like that)
"gigglez"
Then the old guy promptly lures a grizzly into the shed with Jeremiah. "skin that one pilgrim, and I'll find ya another!" Evil_monster

(Anj in the audience) o.m.f.G A GRIZZLY BEAR!!! *everybody stares*

I kid Tongue [Image: smiley-hug013.gif]

I probably would have been better off sitting somewhere listening to Pink Floyd. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
12-11-2014, 08:02 AM
(11-11-2014 03:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 04:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What thread are you reading?? Everyone is advising the 17 year old in question to excercise caution at every turn!!

If you think us telling Magoo not to do LSD is gonna keep Magoo from doing LSD, you're nuts. He'll make his decision, and I'm going to do my best to make sure it's an informed one.

Exercise caution but not advising against doing it. In fact, you said you did it and it was "great". Maybe advising him against doing it could change his opinion about doing it.. I'm not saying it 100% would change his opinion but I can assure you that saying it is "great" isn't exactly off-putting.

A 17 year old says "man, I think I wanna do LSD" and you're immediate reaction is "I've done it, it's great shit dude,just make sure you get the good shit"? wtf is wrong with you? "Go smoke weed instead" would have been a better response...

LSD is illegal which means it is unregulated. This is a mind altering drug we're talking about, that's not really something you should be leaving up to some nutbag hippy fooling around with chemicals in his garage on the weekend. Magoo doesn't have a reliable source and is saying he's gonna get this off silk road and nobody has a problem with this? This isn't the 60's, it's been illegal for 40+ years. People can't be trusted to make their mothers 40 year old chocolate chip cookie recipe exactly the same let alone fucking lsd... Not to mention these are drug dealers. By definition drug dealers don't care all that much about their customers health... they're like McDonalds pre-salad.

How would you feel if Magoo brought some LSD off some anonymous drug dealer and killed himself when he took it? You could have prevented that, but nope, now Magoo's dead. Now his mothers all upset and shit and they have a funeral and all his little friends turn up and there's people talking about what could have been etc.. and how if only someone was there to tell him not to buy lsd from some deranged hippy desperate for a quick buck and so sold cyanide labeled as lsd to the first chumb willing to buy it, in this case it was Magoo.

You sound like my mother.
12-11-2014, 08:04 AM
(11-11-2014 08:28 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I had a brutal one-time experience, it was traumatizing. I was drugged without knowing it because someone in high school thought it would be funny. Worst ever. Taking someone to a graveyard when they don't even know they ingested LSD is not funny ever. Sad

What the fuck is wrong with the person that did that?I'm guessing you got really freaked out when the LSD starting kicking in, and since you were in a graveyard it got worse?
12-11-2014, 03:04 PM
(12-11-2014 08:02 AM)Magoo Wrote:  
(11-11-2014 03:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Exercise caution but not advising against doing it. In fact, you said you did it and it was "great". Maybe advising him against doing it could change his opinion about doing it.. I'm not saying it 100% would change his opinion but I can assure you that saying it is "great" isn't exactly off-putting.

You sound like my mother.

Good.
Now go to your room mr! Angry

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
12-11-2014, 03:48 PM
(11-11-2014 03:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-11-2014 04:36 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  What thread are you reading?? Everyone is advising the 17 year old in question to excercise caution at every turn!!

Everything you say here is based on one assumption....that I should be discouraging Magoo from taking a psychedelic trip. I'm not sure why you'd assume such a thing, but you're wrong to.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
12-11-2014, 04:21 PM
I dropped a few times - all good. Great, in fact. Early 80s.
Only had a single bad trip and as it turned out, I was slipped something other than acid. Luckily, I was with someone who took care of me... and I ended up pissed off more than anything else.

I'm not gonna condone nor condemn one's personal experimentation but I am going to reiterate what many here have stated: know and trust your source... and your source's source.

Also, I wouldn't trust anyone's idea of what might be a proper hit ... especially for a lightweight. My first time, I was not taking any chances and actually only took half a hit, while my friend was happy to scarf up my leftover half, along with his 3 hits. I did just fine and never felt any urge ever after, to drop more than a single hit. Ok... maybe 2 ... but only after much more experience.

The thing is, who knows...? Perhaps my first experience of cutting my own dose may have saved me more than I'll ever know; suppose I was allergic but unaware of that condition? Food for thought. By the way: LSD sucks the vitamins and electrolytes from your body which must be replaced or the next day, you will feel as if a train hit you. Go for a B12 complex (I like a sublingual liquid) and maybe a mineral water. Never take any of those shitty Red Bull or SoBe type drinks that will make your heart race - that's a shit trip out of the gate.

Always be positive and confident in anticipation of any experience but also, be cautious when you are treading into unknown territory. Think before ... because once you start, you don't get a chance to think.

As for experiences - be comfortable with the people you are with and your surroundings. A sunny nature walk or a starry night sky can put you in touch with ... with everything you are.

Floyd is always good, too.

PSA: Don't do drugs anything without being informed. Thumbsup

Oh man... I remember this one time ... I was sooooo teeny tiny...

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post