LUCI (Advanced Lucid Dream Inducer)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2013, 07:40 PM
LUCI (Advanced Lucid Dream Inducer)
I was casually browsing kickstarter today, when suddenly, I stumbled upon a product called "LUCI" which claims to drastically increase the number of lucid dreams one experiences. For a moment I thought about pre-ordering it, but then my skeptical mind kicked in and reminded me that this device has yet to be released, meaning that there are no reviews which can confirm or deny its functionality. LUCI is expected to be released in February 2014.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/calu...am-inducer

If this things ends up working as advertised, its creators ought to become millionaires in no time. Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2013, 07:52 PM
RE: LUCI (Advanced Lucid Dream Inducer)
I lucid dream regularly with mega doses of melatonin. And by mega I mean 20-40 mg.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
07-11-2013, 07:56 PM
I've only had semi-lucid dreams in the past, I know I'm dreaming, and can change small things, but I still get swept up in some things that are out of my control, and forget for some points that I'm dreaming.
08-11-2013, 01:09 AM
(07-11-2013 07:56 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  I've only had semi-lucid dreams in the past, I know I'm dreaming, and can change small things, ...

Yeah, that's pretty much all mine are too. I don't control shit or leap over the tallest buildings with a single bound, but rather just realize that I'm dreaming within the dream. It's usually when I'm talking to my recently deceased brother and I say, "Wait a minute, you're dead, this is just a dream." His response typically is, "Yeah, so what's you're point? When is it not just a dream?" ... I miss that brilliant bastard.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-11-2013, 01:35 AM
I'm obsessed with Lucid dreams at the moment, they seem to have increased in frequency from 1-2 a months to 1-2 a week.
not long after I got the Oculus Rift coincidentally.

My current method for getting to that state is setting the alarm 2 hours before normal, waking up and quickly going back to sleep.
It worked for several days, but has not been working for me the last 4.

Lucid dreams are so awesome, I would pay anything for them, maybe the placebo effect of the band will make it work.
But I'm also a skeptic at core and that kick starter smell scammy, so i'll wait and see some unbiased reviews.

My all time favorite and also hated lucid dream was when my bed 9in perfect B&W detail was in the back of a armored car, I stuffed all my pillow cases full of cash, and then told myself to wake up.
I actually thought my pillow cases were going to be full of cash for a few seconds. Then i cried.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
[+] 3 users Like sporehux's post
08-11-2013, 02:21 AM
I always have lucid dreams. Maybe it's just me and how my brain works, but I suggest starting your dream before you fall asleep. That is what I do anyways.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
08-11-2013, 05:19 AM
(08-11-2013 02:21 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I always have lucid dreams. Maybe it's just me and how my brain works, but I suggest starting your dream before you fall asleep. That is what I do anyways.

How are you managing that trick ?

08-11-2013, 05:34 AM
(08-11-2013 05:19 AM)sporehux Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 02:21 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I always have lucid dreams. Maybe it's just me and how my brain works, but I suggest starting your dream before you fall asleep. That is what I do anyways.

How are you managing that trick ?

I don't know. I just lay there and think about what I want to dream and imagine it like a day dream I guess. Then it just continues on when I am asleep. When I am actually asleep I usually already know it's a dream, and if anything I don't like happens I just change it. I always start my dream before I go to sleep because it's the only way I can sleep. If I try to just lay there and sleep I start thinking too much and I'll be up all night. Maybe I'm just crazy...
08-11-2013, 07:33 AM
(08-11-2013 05:34 AM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(08-11-2013 05:19 AM)sporehux Wrote:  How are you managing that trick ?

I don't know. I just lay there and think about what I want to dream and imagine it like a day dream I guess. Then it just continues on when I am asleep. When I am actually asleep I usually already know it's a dream, and if anything I don't like happens I just change it. I always start my dream before I go to sleep because it's the only way I can sleep. If I try to just lay there and sleep I start thinking too much and I'll be up all night. Maybe I'm just crazy...

Ill give it a try, but if it don't work I want my money back Tongue

12-11-2013, 07:10 AM
All I can say is: skepticism for the win. Sleepy

http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2013/11/12/k...cusations/

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]