LURKERS (yeah YOU! who did not register or never posts!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2012, 09:31 AM
RE: LURKERS (yeah YOU! who did not register or never posts!)
I've been lurking because often I don't have much to add that hasn't been said already. And most of the time what I do have to say is funnier or more insightful inside my head than out of it. No, really. In there, it's brilliant. People don't know what they're missing.

So I suppose one might ask why I joined a forum. Well, it's because I'm new to this area and just about my whole social circle is made up of fundamentalist christians. It's nice to be able to come here and see that there really are other atheists out there.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Katherine's post
01-06-2012, 09:33 AM
I'd rather find out what I'm missing.
I hate missing things.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
01-06-2012, 09:49 AM
The reality of what I have to say is far duller than the possibility of what I have to say.

Except in my head, of course. As I mentioned, in there it's genius. I suppose if you could make yourself really, really tiny and crawl inside my head via one of my head orifices... I'm not sure there's one of those I'd recommend crawling through, though.

Unrelated: 'IT' scared the living crap out of me when I was a kid. When I showered, I'd watch the drain like a hawk, standing as far from it as I could get. And for some reason I was afraid of flushing the toilet. I'd do it, because ew, but I'd stand as far away from it as I could, and scarper as soon as I heard the sound.
[+] 4 users Like Katherine's post
01-06-2012, 09:50 AM
(01-06-2012 09:31 AM)Katherine Wrote:  I've been lurking because often I don't have much to add that hasn't been said already. And most of the time what I do have to say is funnier or more insightful inside my head than out of it. No, really. In there, it's brilliant. People don't know what they're missing.

Join the club! Personally I think everything I bother to type is gold or platinum material. Big Grin Nah but I feel your pain. When I bother to write something down someone else can usually articulate it better and with fewer words than I.

(01-06-2012 09:31 AM)Katherine Wrote:  So I suppose one might ask why I joined a forum. Well, it's because I'm new to this area and just about my whole social circle is made up of fundamentalist christians. It's nice to be able to come here and see that there really are other atheists out there.

It's a fantastic place for that, welcome to the forums! Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like kineo's post
01-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Usually in my head I'm a fucking genius, but then I go to write it down and lose my train of thought 50 or 60 times and my entire post doesn't make much sense and is hard to follow. I can rant really well, but everything else is jumble. Trying to have a serious conversation on here with people is hard for me because I can't get out one singular thought path. By the time my conversational partner has finished reading what I've written they usually have to get more clarification as to what I was saying.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes lucradis's post
01-06-2012, 10:07 AM
My problem is over-editing. I write for fun and maybe one day profit, so by the time I'm done fixing stuff I've completely lost track of what I was actually trying to say.

Perhaps you ought to have a support group around here somewhere for people with intellects more piercing and wits more subtle than their posts would suggest. I'd totally lurk in it.

P.S. Naturally, I edited the shit out of this.

P.P.S. For a thread addressed to lurkers, it's terribly long. I would have expected to see one post, and 15 users browsing.
[+] 8 users Like Katherine's post
01-06-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm neither witty nor insightful yet that doesn't stop me from spreading my vapid inanity on a regular basis.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
(01-06-2012 10:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm neither witty nor insightful yet that doesn't stop me from spreading my vapid inanity on a regular basis.
That was pretty witty there buster. I think you are a liar.
01-06-2012, 12:54 PM
(01-06-2012 10:49 AM)kineo Wrote:  
(01-06-2012 10:11 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  I'm neither witty nor insightful yet that doesn't stop me from spreading my vapid inanity on a regular basis.
That was pretty witty there buster. I think you are a liar.
Dammit! I've been found out. I shall have to quit and rejoin the forum as The Antarctic Sage.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-06-2012, 07:52 PM
Katherine, post more, you already seem like so much fun!
[+] 6 users Like LadyJane's post