LURKERS (yeah YOU! who did not register or never posts!)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-06-2012, 07:40 PM
RE: LURKERS (yeah YOU! who did not register or never posts!)
(04-06-2012 12:30 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  People are less drunk than I predicted. Thumbsup

You clearly have no fucking clue wrt how much I drink. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
05-06-2012, 08:08 AM
Well, been here for nearly a year and my post count is kind of pathetic. Main reason why I post rarely is that I seldom post until I feel that I can contribute to the discussion, rare for post regarding to atheism, for I have very little experience in dealing with theists and their arguments (with exception of arguments related to science), but more of posts related to science, for I enjoy this particular field.

So yeah, I'm more of a lurker until I find a post which interests me and which I can contribute to Undecided

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
05-06-2012, 08:39 AM
(04-06-2012 07:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 12:30 AM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  People are less drunk than I predicted. Thumbsup

You clearly have no fucking clue wrt how much I drink. Wink
A fair question might be do you have any idea how much you drink? Shocking

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
05-06-2012, 09:45 AM
(05-06-2012 08:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-06-2012 07:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You clearly have no fucking clue wrt how much I drink. Wink
A fair question might be do you have any idea how much you drink? Shocking
1, 2, 3, floor. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-06-2012, 10:36 AM
(05-06-2012 09:45 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  
(05-06-2012 08:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  A fair question might be do you have any idea how much you drink? Shocking
1, 2, 3, floor. Big Grin
5, sicks?

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
05-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah, that's one definite plus with weed. Ya OD, ya go to sleep. Everything else - ain't so user friendly. Wink

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
05-06-2012, 01:06 PM
Funny; I lurked one spring night and decided to sign on... I waited for approval and after I got it a couple days later, I went in and lurked for about ten minutes. I didn't return for four months; a divorcing friend occupied all conversation time.

So, when I finally decided to check in but still had no idea what my user name had been, I created a new one... easier to remember, this time. Blush Laughat I made a comment and waited for approval, but still was a bit intimidated about posting. I still lurked a bit, but didn't want to just let it drop like the previous time. So....

Straight out of the gate, I got caught up in an argument with a Theist and I wasn't even certain what it was about with all his circular thinking bullshit. I was sorry and kind of scared that I might have pissed him off and I wasn't sure of the rules of engagement, but was reassured by others that I was perfectly ok with my debate responses. That gave me confidence.

Just the reassurance of veteran members and familiar comments of others, helped me to know that I had found a place where my thoughts weren't completely out of step with the rest of the world. Such is not always the case in the more immediate surroundings of my non-virtual life.

Previously, I thought the Theists who came here had some strange, private agenda or just wanted to say nasty things to the heathen non-Theists. Though that's been the case a few times, some Theists have come and gone with a greater perspective of non-Theists... I like that.

If one wishes to carry a belief, it's fine as long as non-belief is not ridiculed. When that starts, I feel compelled to stand up and ridicule superstition. Retribution is childish, but a single tit-for-tat comment can peel off years of wallpaper from this old Atheist hide.

It's profoundly simple to gain insight and indeed, alter one's perspective when encouraged and surrounded by ideas which spring from rational thought. A progressive society is reflected in it's continually changing perspective. I view this forum as a microcosm of a future in which the secular is considered the norm, and reason and logic become creative tools.

So hey, you... lurkers and new members...

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 7 users Like kim's post
05-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Heh, I don't think I ever really lurked. Germanyt showed me this place, and I almost immediately signed up. I started posting rabidly after that.

At first, I was met with some hostility... probably because of past theists. But, after a few weeks, I think people realized I'm fairly normal, so they let me be.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
05-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Never lurked, my first post was in the introduction section and guess the warm welcomes made me feel at home and wherever and whenever I can comment I do...

Hobo Kgrrrrr kh kh kh
05-06-2012, 10:20 PM
(05-06-2012 02:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm fairly normal

Nah! I observe that the reason you are respected here is not because you are normal; It's 'cos you are fair!
Tongue