LaVeyan Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2012, 01:13 AM
RE: LaVeyan Satanism
(05-11-2012 09:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't get it. Why you pimping that shit here? Consider
I don't know, I would interested if there are orgy parties. But it just sounds like fake satanism to me....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2012, 10:58 AM
(05-11-2012 10:50 PM)Nevermore Wrote:  
(05-11-2012 09:57 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I don't get it. Why you pimping that shit here? Consider

Umm...
Because some members asked me to make a thread about it?
I think that's what you're asking. XD
That was ten pages ago. Tongue

[Image: ZF1ZJ4M.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-11-2012, 01:59 PM
If you have to create a cult with a leader for these philosophical positions, I would have to disagree with it.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
17-11-2012, 03:06 PM
(24-10-2012 11:42 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Hmmm, the only difference I see between a Satanist and a Secular Humanist is that Satanists just want to give a large, flashing, rocket propelled middle finger to Christians.

I mean, I "get" the reasoning... I don't think it's necessary, but I understand it.

Back when I was trying to figure out what I was, I read the Satanic Bible and studied it a bit. Wasn't my cup of tea.

On a side note, thank you very much for this. Interesting stuff.

I have not yet made an introduction but this thread is the reason I registered and I wanted to make a reply post before I do that. First off, I have been a Satanist since I was 17, I am 39 now. I have never been into heavy metal music or rap. I do not wear black. I am not Goth. I was also not raised Christian. I wasn't raised really in any religion, Just told by my parents to think for myself and explore-Kind of a Unitarian Universalist upbringing but without the church or principles.
This is my Religion and the reason I consider it to be such is because it has a God (me), it has rules/laws and It has Ritual and Magic. Regardless of whether or not those on this thread ackowledge our form of Magic or not. I know of several Naturalistic Pagan groups out there that worship Nature/The Universe and also practice psychodrama in rituals and applied psychology as a magical practice and still manage to call it Magic. So your views are your views but in error.
No, I am NOT an official member of the Church of Satan and have no intention to be at this point in my life for personal reasons, someday yes, not now. Now, There has been much talk about Satanism being Humanism with a bad name and I would like to explain now that Satanists are NOT Humanists at all, The differences may be subtle or glaring but they are not the same as explained below-This is a statement of the official tenents of secular humanism.
The Affirmations of Humanism:
A Statement of Principles

[list][*]We are committed to the application of reason and science to the
understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems. [*][*]Well Satanists dont really concern ourselves with Human problems. Its sad that there are so many people in society that do not seem to have the same skills to keep themselves off the streets for example but they could fight their way back into a job and an apt and make something of themselves as I had to do after living on the streets for 3 years--We are a selfish religion, we are concerned with OURSELVES and what we can do to solve our own issues. It is not our place to worry about those that are lesser than us.[*][*]We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, to seek to explain the
world in supernatural terms, and to look outside nature for salvation. [*][*]Most Human beings lack intelligence and strength. That is why Satanists consider ourselves the ELITE. We believe that only a small worthy portion of society has the right to well rights. We are not equal. But I agree with the rest of this statement, we do not believe in traditional concepts of gods and the supernatural. Magic is applied psychology. Any contact with demons, Satan or what not that occurs in Ritual is fantasy, drama, etc.[*][*]We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the
betterment of human life.[*][*]This is true. Though we are not concered with the betterment of society as a whole.[*] [*]We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best
guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive
majorities. [*][*]Being that we Satanists are the elite we do not concern ourselves with this. We are not equal. Human rights must be earned, they are not a given. Humanists seem to think they are the best things on the planet and our best hope, I personally see most humans as useless bags of crap, I use lesser magic on those that cant see through my bullcrap (My Job mainly is where I use magic), I think that when we get what we need from those who are weak and stupid that we should take them to an island somewhere that they can be miserable and we dont have to hear it.[*][*]We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state. [*][*]Well, Yes.[*][*]We cultivate the arts of negotiation and compromise as a means of resolving
differences and achieving mutual understanding. [*][*]Perhaps. [*][*]We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with
eliminating discrimination and intolerance. [*][*]Again, The Elite discriminate. I am against those that are weak, stupid, poor, those unable to contribute to society or worse yet unwilling. Justice should be swift. I think that our justice system is completely mucked up. When a criminal murders or rapes someone for example, they should be executed within 30 days of the crime and we should be done with it. Fairness in society is not an issue to us, life isnt fair and we do not seek to give everyone the same rights which have to be earned. Why should this man I know who is disabled but able to work who chooses to not even try and sits at home and watches movies all day long be given the same rights as someone who is also disabled but chooses to TRY? [*][*]We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they
will be able to help themselves. [*][*]They should be able to help themselves without support. If they cannot, they are not Elite. The end. We do not support anyone. [*][*]We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on race,
religion, gender, nationality, creed, class, sexual orientation, or ethnicity,
and strive to work together for the common good of humanity. [*][*]Again, we are The Elite. We believe that basically to explain it in laymen's terms that we are better than the rest of you. LOL I mean thats the best way I can explain it clearly. Very few people in my personal life deserve to be treated with respect and honor. I have what I call a circle of 9 which is 9 people (or less) who I would never harm in any way, that I would protect and try to make their lives better but I am under no obligation to do this as a Satanist, Its a personal choice. [*][*]We want to protect and enhance the earth, to preserve it for future
generations, and to avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species. [*][*]I think that the Earth should be taken care of better than what most of us do, for example, I am against littering. However, the Planet does not need us to preserve it. The strong prevail, the weak do not. We are animals, the strong shall survive, The elite will thrive. What is needless suffering? Is killing an animal for food needless suffering, who decides that? [*][*]We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative
talents to their fullest.[*][*]So far that is the only tenent that I agree with 100%. We have one life that we should embrace and enjoy.[*] [*]We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.[*][*]Morals are subjective. What is moral to one person may not be moral to another. Instead Satanists focus on what betters each of them. and their circle of 9. We do not concern ourselves with Morals or Ethics even. This is not to say that we dont have ethics/laws, we do. But for example, In my Job, I manipulate people out of their money, I dont steal from them, I dont make them give it to me, they already believe in what I am selling but I dont, I know what I am selling is bullcrap-Yet I also know that if I dont sell it to them, they will just go out and get it elsewhere and give the money to someone else because regardless of how I plead with them and explain to them that the product is bullcrap, they are still going to believe what they already believe so I allow them to purchase it. I do not tell them its not real. I also sometimes have to actively pretend and play act to convince them to spend more money on the product (This is one form of what we call lesser magic) This benefits me greatly because the money allows me to live well and pay my bills and help those in my circle of 9, however many of you would see this as unethical or immoral. I dont. Survival and thriving or top priorities to me and I am good at my Job, I am a Master manipulator (Lesser Magic) in other ways as well, personal relationships for example so you should always do what you are good at. Smile[*] [*]We respect the right to privacy. Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill
their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive
freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die
with dignity. [*][*]I agree.[*][*]We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty,
truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational
guidance. There are normative standards that we discover together. Moral
principles are tested by their consequences. [*][*]Satanists DO NOT Believe in altruism, Some Satanists are altruistic but not if the act does not benefit them in some way. We are selfish in the respect that we come first. We are under NO obligation to help people in society. Integrity? Like I said, Manipulation regardless of what kind you engage in can be viewed as lack of integrity, no? Honesty? Anton LaVey himself said that he was one hell of a liar and that we should strive to confuse and confound those around us so I would say that when it comes to my circle of 9 I am extremely honest and loyal but not to those that do not matter so NO. Truthfullness-same as honesty. Responsibility is indeed important, Take responsibility for what you do, do not blame others and be willing to deal with the consequences if you get caught. [*][*]We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to
nourish reason and compassion. [*][*]Satanists may be compassionate or not. Its not a requirement. I have compassion for those if it benefits me in some way to be compassionate. I prefer to feel contempt for people who know better and who use the system to get ahead. The homeless who stand on the street corner begging for money that they know people will give them instead of going out and getting a Job. Disgusting. No, I do not have compassion for the mexican who pops out 20 kids a year and then sucks the welfare system dry. No. Compassion for the kids maybe who cant help that their parents are useless human beings though, maybe. [*][*]We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences. [*][*]Yes[*][*]We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be
made in the cosmos. [*]We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel
ideas and seek new departures in our thinking. [*][*]Yes[*][*]We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and
ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine
satisfaction in the service to others. [*][*]I can agree with the first part but I am in service to no one but myself. I look after myself first and then those in my circle of 9. [*][*]We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair,
learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than
guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion
over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith
or irrationality. [*]We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are
capable of as human beings. Satanists can be optimists or not. I am optimistic in some ways and pessimistic in others, it depends on my mood and my experiences. Hope is a good thing. I do not believe in love instead of hatred. The Satanic Bible says to hate your enemies with your whole heart and I agree 100%, i do not love everyone because love would have no meaning if I tried and I would be at the mercy of those that would seek to trample me so no. Satanists are very selfish. So as you can see, there are MANY differences between Satanism and Humanism and those are why I do not call myself a Humanist and why Nevermore should also not call himself one if he is a Satanist.
Now of course I know being a newbie here, I will probably get bashed on a few things that I have said and thats fine, You dont have to agree with my beliefs (You are clearly not Satanists) and you dont have to like what Ive said or like me (I dont care actually). I just wanted to come here and inform you of the error in thinking that I have been seeing on here.
Now, I will do an Introduction somewhere and check back later
HAIL SATAN!
Terry
17-11-2012, 05:21 PM
(01-11-2012 01:52 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 06:14 AM)Nevermore Wrote:  I get that it's unnecessary, I do it because I like it. Because I just like the aesthetic of Satanism. I agree with the philosophy and I like the aesthetic. If the Satanic robes fit, I see no reason not to wear them.
I don't get this strange need for everything I do to have some deeper meaning to it. Anything less just shouldn't be done. Like I shouldn't listen to music just for fun, I should only listen to music that has a powerful meaning to me.

Again, I can understand and support that.

We're not saying everything should have a deeper meaning. But when you present yourself as "a satanist", it is a self-imposed title that lays claim to a certain "philosophy". That in itself smacks of some sort of deeper meaning. As I said, when I was "straight-edge" by the "movements" very definition, I didn't identify as such. I was just me being me. But if you ask any douchebag with X's all over him, he'll go on a rant about how straight-edge is a really deep thing.

What's more, you have presented a pretty lengthy list of rules for your Satanism. It is also something one must "join". Sounds like a lot of work for something you don't feel has a "deeper meaning". I have to pay for music I listen to purely because it's part of the economy, but I wouldn't pay anything - let alone $200 - to simply be myself.

So, I suppose WE don't understand this strange need to go through all this work just to be who you are anyway.

But again, if it works for you, go for it. I mean that sincerely.

Some people enjoy labels. I am not a humanist, I am not an Atheist. I am not a Pagan or a Witch. Satanist is the only correct term for what I am that I have ever been able to locate and since I am definately a rebel, an opposer, it fits. You may not have called yourself straight edge but in reality its what you were at the time, You simply didnt see a need for a label to be who you already were but I like labels and other people do too!
$200 for me personally is a outward way of showing that I have reached a place where I can spend the money without it causing any financial ruin to me as where say a poorer person would not be able to achieve this. I also love cards, I often just look at my credit cards, my membership cards and revel in the fact that I have them, I suppose thats ego or pride but that is again a huge part of being a Satanist so why not?
Smile
18-11-2012, 03:29 AM
(17-11-2012 05:21 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(01-11-2012 01:52 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  Again, I can understand and support that.

We're not saying everything should have a deeper meaning. But when you present yourself as "a satanist", it is a self-imposed title that lays claim to a certain "philosophy". That in itself smacks of some sort of deeper meaning. As I said, when I was "straight-edge" by the "movements" very definition, I didn't identify as such. I was just me being me. But if you ask any douchebag with X's all over him, he'll go on a rant about how straight-edge is a really deep thing.

What's more, you have presented a pretty lengthy list of rules for your Satanism. It is also something one must "join". Sounds like a lot of work for something you don't feel has a "deeper meaning". I have to pay for music I listen to purely because it's part of the economy, but I wouldn't pay anything - let alone $200 - to simply be myself.

So, I suppose WE don't understand this strange need to go through all this work just to be who you are anyway.

But again, if it works for you, go for it. I mean that sincerely.

Some people enjoy labels. I am not a humanist, I am not an Atheist. I am not a Pagan or a Witch. Satanist is the only correct term for what I am that I have ever been able to locate and since I am definately a rebel, an opposer, it fits. You may not have called yourself straight edge but in reality its what you were at the time, You simply didnt see a need for a label to be who you already were but I like labels and other people do too!
$200 for me personally is a outward way of showing that I have reached a place where I can spend the money without it causing any financial ruin to me as where say a poorer person would not be able to achieve this. I also love cards, I often just look at my credit cards, my membership cards and revel in the fact that I have them, I suppose thats ego or pride but that is again a huge part of being a Satanist so why not?
Smile
Labels are a necessity. Some labels, however, are redundant or are related with stupidity. Satansim of any form, whether it is LaVeyan or Canonic Satanism, it is equally ridiculous to any religion.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
18-11-2012, 05:33 AM
(18-11-2012 03:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-11-2012 05:21 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Some people enjoy labels. I am not a humanist, I am not an Atheist. I am not a Pagan or a Witch. Satanist is the only correct term for what I am that I have ever been able to locate and since I am definately a rebel, an opposer, it fits. You may not have called yourself straight edge but in reality its what you were at the time, You simply didnt see a need for a label to be who you already were but I like labels and other people do too!
Smile
Labels are a necessity. Some labels, however, are redundant or are related with stupidity. Satansim of any form, whether it is LaVeyan or Canonic Satanism, it is equally ridiculous to any religion.

Well, Its certainly not a redundant title since there is nothing like it. As I have already said, its NOT Humanism in disguise, its not Atheism-I dont know many Atheists who would actively engage in Ritual for any reason or practice magic nor do Atheists that I know believe they are their own Gods and I could go on.

As far as it being a stupid label. Why? because you dont agree with it? Is Naturalistic Pagan a stupid label? How about Atheist Witch? You are who you are and Satanist is who I am, its the only label I have ever encountered to explain it adequetly. Spiritual Atheist? Sounds a bit stupid to me. Humanist when I am clearly against most of their tenents is wrong. And there is nothing in Satanism that can be challenged as far as disproving its validity as a religion so until I see some reason otherwise, its what I shall stick with-and Yes, I know what you are about to reply with--You shall say-well then dont get upset when people dont take you seriously. Smile

I dont care. I came here to meet new people who may be like minded and to educate those in this thread but it does seem that there are people here who refuse to read/listen to the new information being provided, they are stuck in their ideas and nothing can get through, thats your loss, not mine.
18-11-2012, 08:00 AM
Irishdize, I edited your post, making it readable and fixing some grammar errors. Here you go:

(17-11-2012 03:06 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
I have not yet made an introduction, but this thread is the reason I registered and I wanted to make a reply post before I do that. First off, I have been a Satanist since I was 17, I am 39 now. I have never been into heavy metal music or rap. I do not wear black. I am not Goth. I was also not raised Christian. I wasn't raised really in any religion, just told by my parents to think for myself and explore. Kind of a Unitarian Universalist upbringing but without the church or principles. This is my religion and the reason I consider it to be such is because it has a god (me), it has rules/laws and it has ritual and magic. Regardless of whether or not those on this thread acknowledge our form of magic or not. I know of several Naturalistic Pagan groups out there that worship Nature/The Universe and also practice psychodrama in rituals and applied psychology as a magical practice and still manage to call it magic. So your views are your views, but in error. No, I am not an official member of the Church of Satan and have no intention to be at this point in my life for personal reasons, someday yes, not now. Now, there has been much talk about Satanism being Humanism with a bad name and I would like to explain now that Satanists are not Humanists at all. The differences may be subtle or glaring but they are not the same as explained below. This is a statement of the official tenets of secular humanism.

The Affirmations of Humanism

A Statement of Principles:
  • We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.
  • Well Satanists don't really concern ourselves with human problems. It's sad that there are so many people in society that do not seem to have the same skills to keep themselves off the streets, for example, but they could fight their way back into a job and an apt and make something of themselves as I had to do after living on the streets for 3 years. We are a selfish religion, we are concerned with ourselves and what we can do to solve our own issues. It is not our place to worry about those that are lesser than us.
  • We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, to seek to explain the world in supernatural terms, and to look outside nature for salvation.
  • Most Human beings lack intelligence and strength. That is why Satanists consider ourselves the Elite. We believe that only a small worthy portion of society has the right to, well, rights. We are not equal. But I agree with the rest of this statement, we do not believe in traditional concepts of gods and the supernatural. Magic is applied psychology. Any contact with demons, Satan or what not that occurs in ritual is fantasy, drama, etc.
  • We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life.
  • This is true, though we are not concerned with the betterment of society as a whole.
  • We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.
  • Being that we Satanists are the elite we do not concern ourselves with this. We are not equal. Human rights must be earned, they are not a given. Humanists seem to think they are the best things on the planet and our best hope, I personally see most humans as useless bags of crap, I use lesser magic on those that cant see through my bullcrap (my Job mainly is where I use magic). I think that when we get what we need from those who are weak and stupid that we should take them to an island somewhere that they can be miserable and we don't have to hear it.
  • We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.
  • Well, yes.
  • We cultivate the arts of negotiation and compromise as a means of resolving differences and achieving mutual understanding.
  • Perhaps.
  • We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.
  • Again, the Elite discriminates. I am against those that are weak, stupid, poor, those unable to contribute to society or worse yet unwilling. Justice should be swift. I think that our justice system is completely mucked up. When a criminal murders or rapes someone for example, they should be executed within 30 days of the crime and we should be done with it. Fairness in society is not an issue to us, life isn't fair and we do not seek to give everyone the same rights which have to be earned. Why should this man I know who is disabled but able to work who chooses to not even try and sits at home and watches movies all day long be given the same rights as someone who is also disabled but chooses to try?
  • We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they will be able to help themselves.
  • They should be able to help themselves without support. If they cannot, they are not Elite. The end. We do not support anyone.
  • We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on race, religion, gender, nationality, creed, class, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, and strive to work together for the common good of humanity.
  • Again, we are the Elite. We believe that, basically to explain it in layman's terms, that we are better than the rest of you. LOL I mean, that's the best way I can explain it clearly. Very few people in my personal life deserve to be treated with respect and honor. I have what I call a circle of 9, which is 9 people (or less), who I would never harm in any way, that I would protect and try to make their lives better but I am under no obligation to do this as a Satanist, it's a personal choice.
  • We want to protect and enhance the earth, to preserve it for future generations, and to avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species.
  • I think that the Earth should be taken care of better than what most of us do, for example, I am against littering. However, the planet does not need us to preserve it. The strong prevail, the weak do not. We are animals, the strong shall survive, the Elite will thrive. What is needless suffering? Is killing an animal for food needless suffering? Who decides that?
  • We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.
  • So far that is the only tenet that I agree with 100%. We have one life that we should embrace and enjoy.
  • We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.
  • Morals are subjective. What is moral to one person may not be moral to another. Instead, Satanists focus on what betters each of them and their circle of 9. We do not concern ourselves with morals or ethics even. This is not to say that we don't have ethics/laws, we do. But for example, in my job, I manipulate people out of their money, I don't steal from them, I don't make them give it to me, they already believe in what I am selling but I don't, I know what I am selling is bullcrap - Yet I also know that if I don't sell it to them, they will just go out and get it elsewhere and give the money to someone else because regardless of how I plead with them and explain to them that the product is bullcrap, they are still going to believe what they already believe so I allow them to purchase it. I do not tell them it's not real. I also sometimes have to actively pretend and play act to convince them to spend more money on the product (This is one form of what we call lesser magic). This benefits me greatly because the money allows me to live well and pay my bills and help those in my circle of 9, however many of you would see this as unethical or immoral. I don't. Survival and thriving or top priorities to me and I am good at my job. I am a Master manipulator (Lesser Magic) in other ways as well, personal relationships for example so you should always do what you are good at. Smile
  • We respect the right to privacy. Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.
  • I agree.
  • We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. There are normative standards that we discover together. Moral principles are tested by their consequences.
  • Satanists DO NOT Believe in altruism, Some Satanists are altruistic but not if the act does not benefit them in some way. We are selfish in the respect that we come first. We are under no obligation to help people in society. Integrity? Like I said, manipulation regardless of what kind you engage in can be viewed as lack of integrity, no? Honesty? Anton LaVey himself said that he was one hell of a liar and that we should strive to confuse and confound those around us so I would say that when it comes to my circle of 9 I am extremely honest and loyal but not to those that do not matter, so no. Truthfulness, same as honesty. Responsibility is indeed important. Take responsibility for what you do, do not blame others and be willing to deal with the consequences if you get caught.
  • We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion.
  • Satanists may be compassionate or not. It's not a requirement. I have compassion for those if it benefits me in some way to be compassionate. I prefer to feel contempt for people who know better and who use the system to get ahead. The homeless who stand on the street corner begging for money that they know people will give them instead of going out and getting a job. Disgusting. No, I do not have compassion for the Mexican who pops out 20 kids a year and then sucks the welfare system dry. No. Compassion for the kids maybe who cant help that their parents are useless human beings though, maybe.
  • We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.
  • Yes.
  • We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos. We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel
    ideas and seek new departures in our thinking.
  • Yes.
  • We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.
  • I can agree with the first part, but I am in service to no one but myself. I look after myself first and then those in my circle of 9.
  • We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality. We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are
    capable of as human beings.
  • Satanists can be optimists or not. I am optimistic in some ways and pessimistic in others, it depends on my mood and my experiences. Hope is a good thing. I do not believe in love instead of hatred. The Satanic Bible says to hate your enemies with your whole heart and I agree 100%. I do not love everyone because love would have no meaning if I tried and I would be at the mercy of those that would seek to trample me so no.

Satanists are very selfish. So as you can see, there are many differences between Satanism and Humanism and those are why I do not call myself a Humanist and why Nevermore should also not call himself one if he is a Satanist. Now, of course I know being a newbie here, I will probably get bashed on a few things that I have said and that's fine. You don't have to agree with my beliefs (you are clearly not Satanists) and you don't have to like what I've said or like me (I don't care actually). I just wanted to come here and inform you of the error in thinking that I have been seeing on here.

Now, I will do an introduction somewhere and check back later.
Hail Satan!
Terry

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
18-11-2012, 08:04 AM
(18-11-2012 08:00 AM)Vosur Wrote:  Irishdize, I edited your post, making it readable and fixing some grammar errors. Here you go:

(17-11-2012 03:06 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
I have not yet made an introduction, but this thread is the reason I registered and I wanted to make a reply post before I do that. First off, I have been a Satanist since I was 17, I am 39 now. I have never been into heavy metal music or rap. I do not wear black. I am not Goth. I was also not raised Christian. I wasn't raised really in any religion, just told by my parents to think for myself and explore. Kind of a Unitarian Universalist upbringing but without the church or principles. This is my religion and the reason I consider it to be such is because it has a god (me), it has rules/laws and it has ritual and magic. Regardless of whether or not those on this thread acknowledge our form of magic or not. I know of several Naturalistic Pagan groups out there that worship Nature/The Universe and also practice psychodrama in rituals and applied psychology as a magical practice and still manage to call it magic. So your views are your views, but in error. No, I am not an official member of the Church of Satan and have no intention to be at this point in my life for personal reasons, someday yes, not now. Now, there has been much talk about Satanism being Humanism with a bad name and I would like to explain now that Satanists are not Humanists at all. The differences may be subtle or glaring but they are not the same as explained below. This is a statement of the official tenets of secular humanism.

The Affirmations of Humanism

A Statement of Principles:
  • We are committed to the application of reason and science to the understanding of the universe and to the solving of human problems.
  • Well Satanists don't really concern ourselves with human problems. It's sad that there are so many people in society that do not seem to have the same skills to keep themselves off the streets, for example, but they could fight their way back into a job and an apt and make something of themselves as I had to do after living on the streets for 3 years. We are a selfish religion, we are concerned with ourselves and what we can do to solve our own issues. It is not our place to worry about those that are lesser than us.
  • We deplore efforts to denigrate human intelligence, to seek to explain the world in supernatural terms, and to look outside nature for salvation.
  • Most Human beings lack intelligence and strength. That is why Satanists consider ourselves the Elite. We believe that only a small worthy portion of society has the right to, well, rights. We are not equal. But I agree with the rest of this statement, we do not believe in traditional concepts of gods and the supernatural. Magic is applied psychology. Any contact with demons, Satan or what not that occurs in ritual is fantasy, drama, etc.
  • We believe that scientific discovery and technology can contribute to the betterment of human life.
  • This is true, though we are not concerned with the betterment of society as a whole.
  • We believe in an open and pluralistic society and that democracy is the best guarantee of protecting human rights from authoritarian elites and repressive majorities.
  • Being that we Satanists are the elite we do not concern ourselves with this. We are not equal. Human rights must be earned, they are not a given. Humanists seem to think they are the best things on the planet and our best hope, I personally see most humans as useless bags of crap, I use lesser magic on those that cant see through my bullcrap (my Job mainly is where I use magic). I think that when we get what we need from those who are weak and stupid that we should take them to an island somewhere that they can be miserable and we don't have to hear it.
  • We are committed to the principle of the separation of church and state.
  • Well, yes.
  • We cultivate the arts of negotiation and compromise as a means of resolving differences and achieving mutual understanding.
  • Perhaps.
  • We are concerned with securing justice and fairness in society and with eliminating discrimination and intolerance.
  • Again, the Elite discriminates. I am against those that are weak, stupid, poor, those unable to contribute to society or worse yet unwilling. Justice should be swift. I think that our justice system is completely mucked up. When a criminal murders or rapes someone for example, they should be executed within 30 days of the crime and we should be done with it. Fairness in society is not an issue to us, life isn't fair and we do not seek to give everyone the same rights which have to be earned. Why should this man I know who is disabled but able to work who chooses to not even try and sits at home and watches movies all day long be given the same rights as someone who is also disabled but chooses to try?
  • We believe in supporting the disadvantaged and the handicapped so that they will be able to help themselves.
  • They should be able to help themselves without support. If they cannot, they are not Elite. The end. We do not support anyone.
  • We attempt to transcend divisive parochial loyalties based on race, religion, gender, nationality, creed, class, sexual orientation, or ethnicity, and strive to work together for the common good of humanity.
  • Again, we are the Elite. We believe that, basically to explain it in layman's terms, that we are better than the rest of you. LOL I mean, that's the best way I can explain it clearly. Very few people in my personal life deserve to be treated with respect and honor. I have what I call a circle of 9, which is 9 people (or less), who I would never harm in any way, that I would protect and try to make their lives better but I am under no obligation to do this as a Satanist, it's a personal choice.
  • We want to protect and enhance the earth, to preserve it for future generations, and to avoid inflicting needless suffering on other species.
  • I think that the Earth should be taken care of better than what most of us do, for example, I am against littering. However, the planet does not need us to preserve it. The strong prevail, the weak do not. We are animals, the strong shall survive, the Elite will thrive. What is needless suffering? Is killing an animal for food needless suffering? Who decides that?
  • We believe in enjoying life here and now and in developing our creative talents to their fullest.
  • So far that is the only tenet that I agree with 100%. We have one life that we should embrace and enjoy.
  • We believe in the cultivation of moral excellence.
  • Morals are subjective. What is moral to one person may not be moral to another. Instead, Satanists focus on what betters each of them and their circle of 9. We do not concern ourselves with morals or ethics even. This is not to say that we don't have ethics/laws, we do. But for example, in my job, I manipulate people out of their money, I don't steal from them, I don't make them give it to me, they already believe in what I am selling but I don't, I know what I am selling is bullcrap - Yet I also know that if I don't sell it to them, they will just go out and get it elsewhere and give the money to someone else because regardless of how I plead with them and explain to them that the product is bullcrap, they are still going to believe what they already believe so I allow them to purchase it. I do not tell them it's not real. I also sometimes have to actively pretend and play act to convince them to spend more money on the product (This is one form of what we call lesser magic). This benefits me greatly because the money allows me to live well and pay my bills and help those in my circle of 9, however many of you would see this as unethical or immoral. I don't. Survival and thriving or top priorities to me and I am good at my job. I am a Master manipulator (Lesser Magic) in other ways as well, personal relationships for example so you should always do what you are good at. Smile
  • We respect the right to privacy. Mature adults should be allowed to fulfill their aspirations, to express their sexual preferences, to exercise reproductive freedom, to have access to comprehensive and informed health-care, and to die with dignity.
  • I agree.
  • We believe in the common moral decencies: altruism, integrity, honesty, truthfulness, responsibility. Humanist ethics is amenable to critical, rational guidance. There are normative standards that we discover together. Moral principles are tested by their consequences.
  • Satanists DO NOT Believe in altruism, Some Satanists are altruistic but not if the act does not benefit them in some way. We are selfish in the respect that we come first. We are under no obligation to help people in society. Integrity? Like I said, manipulation regardless of what kind you engage in can be viewed as lack of integrity, no? Honesty? Anton LaVey himself said that he was one hell of a liar and that we should strive to confuse and confound those around us so I would say that when it comes to my circle of 9 I am extremely honest and loyal but not to those that do not matter, so no. Truthfulness, same as honesty. Responsibility is indeed important. Take responsibility for what you do, do not blame others and be willing to deal with the consequences if you get caught.
  • We are deeply concerned with the moral education of our children. We want to nourish reason and compassion.
  • Satanists may be compassionate or not. It's not a requirement. I have compassion for those if it benefits me in some way to be compassionate. I prefer to feel contempt for people who know better and who use the system to get ahead. The homeless who stand on the street corner begging for money that they know people will give them instead of going out and getting a job. Disgusting. No, I do not have compassion for the Mexican who pops out 20 kids a year and then sucks the welfare system dry. No. Compassion for the kids maybe who cant help that their parents are useless human beings though, maybe.
  • We are engaged by the arts no less than by the sciences.
  • Yes.
  • We are citizens of the universe and are excited by discoveries still to be made in the cosmos. We are skeptical of untested claims to knowledge, and we are open to novel
    ideas and seek new departures in our thinking.
  • Yes.
  • We affirm humanism as a realistic alternative to theologies of despair and ideologies of violence and as a source of rich personal significance and genuine satisfaction in the service to others.
  • I can agree with the first part, but I am in service to no one but myself. I look after myself first and then those in my circle of 9.
  • We believe in optimism rather than pessimism, hope rather than despair, learning in the place of dogma, truth instead of ignorance, joy rather than guilt or sin, tolerance in the place of fear, love instead of hatred, compassion over selfishness, beauty instead of ugliness, and reason rather than blind faith or irrationality. We believe in the fullest realization of the best and noblest that we are
    capable of as human beings.
  • Satanists can be optimists or not. I am optimistic in some ways and pessimistic in others, it depends on my mood and my experiences. Hope is a good thing. I do not believe in love instead of hatred. The Satanic Bible says to hate your enemies with your whole heart and I agree 100%. I do not love everyone because love would have no meaning if I tried and I would be at the mercy of those that would seek to trample me so no.

Satanists are very selfish. So as you can see, there are many differences between Satanism and Humanism and those are why I do not call myself a Humanist and why Nevermore should also not call himself one if he is a Satanist. Now, of course I know being a newbie here, I will probably get bashed on a few things that I have said and that's fine. You don't have to agree with my beliefs (you are clearly not Satanists) and you don't have to like what I've said or like me (I don't care actually). I just wanted to come here and inform you of the error in thinking that I have been seeing on here.

Now, I will do an introduction somewhere and check back later.
Hail Satan!
Terry

As a writer, I really do not need assistance in grammar. and I followed the format as I was given when I replied to this post using proper paragraphs and spaces, however, when I posted it did not come out as such which has no bearing on me.
But thanks.
Censored
18-11-2012, 08:16 AM
(18-11-2012 05:33 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 03:29 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  Labels are a necessity. Some labels, however, are redundant or are related with stupidity. Satansim of any form, whether it is LaVeyan or Canonic Satanism, it is equally ridiculous to any religion.

Well, Its certainly not a redundant title since there is nothing like it. As I have already said, its NOT Humanism in disguise, its not Atheism-I dont know many Atheists who would actively engage in Ritual for any reason or practice magic nor do Atheists that I know believe they are their own Gods and I could go on.

As far as it being a stupid label. Why? because you dont agree with it? Is Naturalistic Pagan a stupid label? How about Atheist Witch? You are who you are and Satanist is who I am, its the only label I have ever encountered to explain it adequetly. Spiritual Atheist? Sounds a bit stupid to me. Humanist when I am clearly against most of their tenents is wrong. And there is nothing in Satanism that can be challenged as far as disproving its validity as a religion so until I see some reason otherwise, its what I shall stick with-and Yes, I know what you are about to reply with--You shall say-well then dont get upset when people dont take you seriously. Smile

I dont care. I came here to meet new people who may be like minded and to educate those in this thread but it does seem that there are people here who refuse to read/listen to the new information being provided, they are stuck in their ideas and nothing can get through, thats your loss, not mine.
The name is misleading and childish.

I have read about your beliefs and think they are those of adolescent drama queens.

I feel no loss rejecting your silliness.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post