LaVeyan Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2012, 08:28 AM
RE: LaVeyan Satanism
(18-11-2012 08:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 05:33 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Well, Its certainly not a redundant title since there is nothing like it. As I have already said, its NOT Humanism in disguise, its not Atheism-I dont know many Atheists who would actively engage in Ritual for any reason or practice magic nor do Atheists that I know believe they are their own Gods and I could go on.

As far as it being a stupid label. Why? because you dont agree with it? Is Naturalistic Pagan a stupid label? How about Atheist Witch? You are who you are and Satanist is who I am, its the only label I have ever encountered to explain it adequetly. Spiritual Atheist? Sounds a bit stupid to me. Humanist when I am clearly against most of their tenents is wrong. And there is nothing in Satanism that can be challenged as far as disproving its validity as a religion so until I see some reason otherwise, its what I shall stick with-and Yes, I know what you are about to reply with--You shall say-well then dont get upset when people dont take you seriously. Smile

I dont care. I came here to meet new people who may be like minded and to educate those in this thread but it does seem that there are people here who refuse to read/listen to the new information being provided, they are stuck in their ideas and nothing can get through, thats your loss, not mine.
The name is misleading and childish.

I have read about your beliefs and think they are those of adolescent drama queens.

I feel no loss rejecting your silliness.

I feel no loss at your rejection.
The name is designed as such to keep out those who would be put off by the name such as you are. Also Satan means opposer/Rebel.
I am 39 years old and most Satanists I know or have encountered are well into their 40's and beyond and not drama queens, enjoying Rituals and such things does not make someone a drama queen. I think its very psychologically healthy to meditate, spirit dance, etc. But to each their own!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-11-2012, 09:02 AM
(18-11-2012 08:28 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 08:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  The name is misleading and childish.

I have read about your beliefs and think they are those of adolescent drama queens.

I feel no loss rejecting your silliness.

I feel no loss at your rejection.
The name is designed as such to keep out those who would be put off by the name such as you are. Also Satan means opposer/Rebel.
I am 39 years old and most Satanists I know or have encountered are well into their 40's and beyond and not drama queens, enjoying Rituals and such things does not make someone a drama queen. I think its very psychologically healthy to meditate, spirit dance, etc. But to each their own!
It is a childish thing to do, Chas just said that. Because we still think your belief is stupid doesn't mean that we don't understand it. We know full and well what Satan means, and how silly your cult-worship is. You will find that a lot of members on here are anti-religion, so don't run around expecting respect for your ritualistic tomfoolery. If you have to associate yourself with a cult, you are no better than any religious person.

Occasional TTA returner then leaverer.
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
18-11-2012, 10:18 AM
(18-11-2012 09:02 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 08:28 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I feel no loss at your rejection.
It is a childish thing to do, Chas just said that. Because we still think your belief is stupid doesn't mean that we don't understand it. We know full and well what Satan means, and how silly your cult-worship is. You will find that a lot of members on here are anti-religion, so don't run around expecting respect for your ritualistic tomfoolery. If you have to associate yourself with a cult, you are no better than any religious person.

I am not in any cult.
A cult is where you follow a leader blindly. I follow no one and I am certainly not blind and I am just as anti religious as the next person. Rituals are not childish, in fact EVERYONE on the planet engages in some kind of Ritual, I just have the balls to admit it. I do not expect respect from someone who isnt capable of having respect. I personally view most of the people I have encountered on here as ignorant fucks.
Obviously if you believe Paganism, Buddhism, Taoism, Satanism, etc to be cults. No, I dont expect nor demand respect. I know better. No
18-11-2012, 10:24 AM
(18-11-2012 10:18 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I am not in any cult.
A cult is where you follow a leader blindly.
cult - Pronunciation: /kəlt/
noun
  • a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object
  • a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister
  • a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing
  • [usually as modifier] a person or thing that is popular or fashionable, especially among a particular section of society
Source; Alternatives: [1] [2] [3]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
18-11-2012, 10:28 AM
I also tend to think that having the sesame street characters around your house and pretending they can talk or making them talk or whatever is childish. Acting as if they are real, calling them your children, sleeping with them, whatever. I know a man who is 45 and does this, his reasoning?
It keeps him young, he goes into useful psychodrama and fantasy that keeps him feeling like a kid again, I dont see that as childish. If everything has to be adult and mature then that takes out a shitload of possibilities-Rollercoasters-they have no meaning-they are childish, haunted houses-they are childish, skipping work to spend the day in bed and watch movies-childish, My Goodness, what a boring existance Atheists must have.
Actually, watching movies has no purpose whatsoever, its engaging in fantasy and psychodrama, It is childish and useless, throw away dvd collection. Books are also childish. They again engage in fantasy and psychodrama. I certainly am not on the Enterprise when I am reading a Trek Novel, I am only imagining that I am there with the crew. All Tv is childish. Lots and lots of things are childish. It doesnt mean we should refrain from engaging in them, In fact Satanists believe we should embrace them, explore and experience as much as we can and LIVE without limitations. So childish? Maybe. Maybe not. Doesnt matter.
[+] 1 user Likes Irishdize's post
18-11-2012, 10:35 AM
(18-11-2012 10:24 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 10:18 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I am not in any cult.
A cult is where you follow a leader blindly.
cult - Pronunciation: /kəlt/
noun
  • a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object
  • a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister
  • a misplaced or excessive admiration for a particular person or thing
  • [usually as modifier] a person or thing that is popular or fashionable, especially among a particular section of society
Source; Alternatives: [1] [2] [3]
I venerate MYSELF. I am devoted to MYSELF.
Define relatively small. There are hundreds of thousands of Witches on the planet and who knows how many Satanists. Thousands at least. A cult is generally looked upon as a Jim Jones such thing, a group of people in the hundreds who hangs on to every word some leader has said and blindly does what he says even at your own detriment. Satanism has no leader that we follow blindly and we do nothing that doesnt ultimately benefit us.
All Religions including Atheism *which of course I know is not a religion* is considered strange and sinister to outsiders, ask any Christian about an Atheist and they will inform you that they are strange and worship The Devil (making them sinister).
I admire and respect MYSELF and its not misplaced. I know who I am and what I am capable of. I admire many other people and things as well but they are in proportion and not misplaced at all given who I am and how I view the world.

Satanism is not popular.
You are simply trying to attack something you do not understand and have no ability to understand, instead of attacking a religion/philosophy that is an ally to Atheism, why don't you open your little mind up a bit?
I know! I was just informed by a demon that you are not capable of it. so nevermind. Excl Hobo Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes Irishdize's post
18-11-2012, 10:40 AM
(18-11-2012 10:35 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  You are simply trying to attack something you do not understand and have no ability to understand, instead of attacking a religion/philosophy that is an ally to Atheism, why don't you open your little mind up a bit?
I know! I was just informed by a demon that you are not capable of it. so nevermind. Excl Hobo Evil_monster
I see you are not interested in a reasonable conversation. If citing the definitions of a term angers you so much that you accuse me of attacking your position, being incapable of understanding it and being close-minded, perhaps this is not the right place for you.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
18-11-2012, 10:45 AM
http://altreligion.about.com/od/satanism...m_cult.htm
Lets see....
18-11-2012, 10:50 AM
(18-11-2012 10:40 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 10:35 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  You are simply trying to attack something you do not understand and have no ability to understand, instead of attacking a religion/philosophy that is an ally to Atheism, why don't you open your little mind up a bit?
I see you are not interested in a reasonable conversation. If citing the definitions of a term angers you so much that you accuse me of attacking your position, being incapable of understanding it and being close-minded, perhaps this is not the right place for you.

Oh I am interested in reasonable conversation when there is some reason applied. Satanism is NOT a cult by any standard definition of the word. The link from about.com examines Satanism based on the standard definition and lets the reader decide. Did you read it? Probably not because your mind is already made up.
You did attack my position, I simply stated the truth back. Just because you and others here are close minded, ignorant, stupid or weak or whatever you show yourselves to be in time does not mean that I cannot learn something of value by being here, nor does it mean that I will not meet some interesting friends here down the line.
Hopefully i can educate a few who are willing to open up and see things from a different perspective as well.
18-11-2012, 11:15 AM
Hey all you Satanists Smile

A question, when you say psychodrama / magic: do you literally believe 'magic' as in... you know, mumble words, curse people etc, or do you know deep down and admit deep down that it's just rubbish but fun rubbish. I think Nevermore basically said this but I wanna check & make sure that 'psychodrama' isn't a weasel word for 'don't arsk us about dogs with orange eyebrows or Mrs Cake' (Terry Pratchett reference for those who reference count). 'Cos I think that would define for me whether I think you're daft or not... not that you care about my opinion Tongue But maybe you do Big Grin Hur hur...