LaVeyan Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2012, 09:19 PM
RE: LaVeyan Satanism
(19-11-2012 05:20 PM)Diablo666 Wrote:  
(18-11-2012 01:08 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  The two primary organizations of LaVeyan Satanism refer to themselves as churches. You are in a cult whether you like it or not.
The only difference in cult and church is the # of members...

I thought the difference was that in one the leader figure is still alive, and in the other not so much. Not so?

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2012, 09:26 PM
God damn this sounds like a load of shit (don't be too offended, all religion sounds like a load of shit to me).

But seriously, I get the impression that it's like "we don't wanna believe in God, but at the same time we want all the BS that's associated with religion"
ie: rules.

It's like, can't people just live their lives. Period.
Like do you really need all this woo woo shit? People live just fine without it, better in fact.
20-11-2012, 11:16 PM
(20-11-2012 09:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  God damn this sounds like a load of shit (don't be too offended, all religion sounds like a load of shit to me).

But seriously, I get the impression that it's like "we don't wanna believe in God, but at the same time we want all the BS that's associated with religion"

Like do you really need all this woo woo shit? People live just fine without it, better in fact.
I have tons of "satanist" friends, and I completely agree. LaVey himself said so, basically it was all shit but people like ritual and woo and bullshit so he made this religion full of ritual and woo and bullshit but without an external deity, so that way you can be an atheist but still have religion. So it's for the people who like that shit, and not for people who dislike that shit. As the one pony here said, it's for drama queens.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-11-2012, 11:59 PM
(20-11-2012 11:16 PM)amyb Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 09:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  God damn this sounds like a load of shit (don't be too offended, all religion sounds like a load of shit to me).

I have tons of "satanist" friends, and I completely agree. LaVey himself said so, basically it was all shit but people like ritual and woo and bullshit so he made this religion full of ritual and woo and bullshit but without an external deity, so that way you can be an atheist but still have religion. So it's for the people who like that shit, and not for people who dislike that shit. As the one pony here said, it's for drama queens.

Well maybe I am understanding the term 'drama queen' wrong because I am not a drama queen in my real life, I do not complain about my life to others, I do not gossip or throw hissy fits when I do not get my own way, I do not like to be the center of attention, that is what I have always thought a drama queen was but i do love ritual, I cant even explain how I feel after a day away from the stresses of life, a day spent in nature or a day spent in my home just sitting by the fire reading and listening to music, It soothes and relaxes me and I dont see anything wrong with it.
As far as the rules, they all sensible guidelines more than anything which happen to make perfect sense to me. Besides as I have already said spiritual atheist doesnt seem like a very sensible thing to refer to myself as and Naturalistic Pagan would carry a lot of baggage with it for me as would Witch-Now maybe a Satanic Witch would be a good term but why have 2 words for the same meaning?
Drinking Beverage
21-11-2012, 02:33 AM
LaVeyan Satanism
Be not deceived, brothers and sisters! Lo! These are Mormons in disguise!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 3 users Like Cardinal Smurf's post
21-11-2012, 02:54 AM
(21-11-2012 02:33 AM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Be not deceived, brothers and sisters! Lo! These are Mormons in disguise!

[Image: scared+woman+retro.bmp]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
21-11-2012, 07:50 AM
(20-11-2012 11:59 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  ... Besides as I have already said spiritual atheist doesnt seem like a very sensible thing to refer to myself as and Naturalistic Pagan would carry a lot of baggage with it for me as would Witch-Now maybe a Satanic Witch would be a good term but why have 2 words for the same meaning?
Drinking Beverage

And the word 'Satanism' doesn't carry a lot of baggage?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
21-11-2012, 09:52 AM
(21-11-2012 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(20-11-2012 11:59 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  ... Besides as I have already said spiritual atheist doesnt seem like a very sensible thing to refer to myself as and Naturalistic Pagan would carry a lot of baggage with it for me as would Witch-Now maybe a Satanic Witch would be a good term but why have 2 words for the same meaning?
Drinking Beverage

And the word 'Satanism' doesn't carry a lot of baggage?

No, it doesnt.
I am an all or nothing person, Its who I am, I cant be 1/2 assed at anything I am or anything I do and for me, Paganism means going back to the ways in which I was raised around, the ways my aunt implemented into my childhood, waiting for the doors to open for example, the thing is that I do not believe in Paganism anymore either, Not 100%, sure I believe in The Goddess or nature being sacred-to a degree, the feel good parts of it anyhow but I no longer believe in magic, reincarnation, Psychic ability, etc, only ritual.
I bought 3 more books on Satanism yesterday at a bookstore, Ive already read a lot of them, I spent the night reading and thats what I believe, There is no doubt I am a Satanist so even if it did come with some kind of baggage (which for me it doesnt) Its who I am, what I am, I cant really deny it, I dont believe belief is a choice, I dont believe that an atheist could anymore make themselves believe in God than a Christian could wake up tomorrow and say-today I wll become an atheist, I think that you can educate yourselves about different positions but in the end you end up where your brain allows fr you to end up, some people just are who they are.
Anyways, I know that made no sense, I just woke up but what I do know is that I am very...religious? I need to talk about religion, I love religion/debate on religion, either Witchcraft or Satanism because of my background in both of them. I used to go into chatrooms to debate/discuss these issues but I got tired of having to defend or explain constantly instead of just finding like minded people with whom I could just relax with and still have lively discussions and debates so I think that even though-like it or not, I am atheistic, I need to find some Satanic/Pagan based message boards where I will find a bit more comaradarie. (sp)
21-11-2012, 09:53 AM
(21-11-2012 09:52 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 07:50 AM)Chas Wrote:  And the word 'Satanism' doesn't carry a lot of baggage?

No, it doesnt.
I am an all or nothing person, Its who I am, I cant be 1/2 assed at anything I am or anything I do and for me, Paganism means going back to the ways in which I was raised around, the ways my aunt implemented into my childhood, waiting for the doors to open for example, the thing is that I do not believe in Paganism anymore either, Not 100%, sure I believe in The Goddess or nature being sacred-to a degree, the feel good parts of it anyhow but I no longer believe in magic, reincarnation, Psychic ability, etc, only ritual.
I bought 3 more books on Satanism yesterday at a bookstore, Ive already read a lot of them, I spent the night reading and thats what I believe, There is no doubt I am a Satanist so even if it did come with some kind of baggage (which for me it doesnt) Its who I am, what I am, I cant really deny it, I dont believe belief is a choice, I dont believe that an atheist could anymore make themselves believe in God than a Christian could wake up tomorrow and say-today I wll become an atheist, I think that you can educate yourselves about different positions but in the end you end up where your brain allows fr you to end up, some people just are who they are.
Anyways, I know that made no sense, I just woke up but what I do know is that I am very...religious? I need to talk about religion, I love religion/debate on religion, either Witchcraft or Satanism because of my background in both of them. I used to go into chatrooms to debate/discuss these issues but I got tired of having to defend or explain constantly instead of just finding like minded people with whom I could just relax with and still have lively discussions and debates so I think that even though-like it or not, I am atheistic, I need to find some Satanic/Pagan based message boards where I will find a bit more comaradarie. (sp)
Yes, it does. For everyone else.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-11-2012, 11:09 AM
(21-11-2012 09:53 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-11-2012 09:52 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  No, it doesnt.
Yes, it does. For everyone else.

My aunt used to say that people who were put off by the word Witch or Witchcraft for whatever reason, should not be Witches. I agree. You are not meant to be a Satanist or a Witch. We wouldnt want someone that looks at the words and says-oh no, I cant handle those words (for whatever reason)
So while it has baggage for you (atheism has baggage to many people, the word freaks people out, the idea of having no god often tells people that it also means having no hope, no after life, no help from above, etc) and those people wouldnt make very good non theists.
It doesnt for me. Smile
Hail Satan and his Goddess Smile