LaVeyan Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2012, 08:16 PM
RE: LaVeyan Satanism
(21-10-2012 07:50 PM)Nevermore Wrote:  Because I guess that immediately makes all of the philosophy pointless to learn about. They charge money. The horror.
Did you not answer my question as to why poor people are excluded from being a member of the church on purpose?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2012, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2012 08:33 PM by Nevermore.)
(21-10-2012 08:16 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 07:50 PM)Nevermore Wrote:  Because I guess that immediately makes all of the philosophy pointless to learn about. They charge money. The horror.
Did you not answer my question as to why poor people are excluded from being a member of the church on purpose?

I don't recall you asking.
Because they don't have money.
Again, it isn't a requirement.
Look, I can't speak for the Church. I'm not a member. I just don't know why they need money.
Probably because they rejected the offer for tax exemption.

Let it be known. You will never, ever, ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever infinite be forced to join the Church as a Satanist. You can learn everything about Satanism outside of the Church. It's all out there for your convenience.
21-10-2012, 08:39 PM
(21-10-2012 08:22 PM)Nevermore Wrote:  Let it be known. You will never, ever, ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever infinite be forced to join the Church as a Satanist. You can learn everything about Satanism outside of the Church. It's all out there for your convenience.
That's a huge relief. Rolleyes Carry on, I won't interrupt the harmony of this thread any further.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
21-10-2012, 08:41 PM
(21-10-2012 08:39 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 08:22 PM)Nevermore Wrote:  Let it be known. You will never, ever, ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever infinite be forced to join the Church as a Satanist. You can learn everything about Satanism outside of the Church. It's all out there for your convenience.
That's a huge relief. Rolleyes Carry on, I won't interrupt the harmony of this thread any further.

Oh don't you roll your eyes at me. XD Clearly it needed to be said again.
21-10-2012, 10:00 PM
(21-10-2012 07:29 PM)amyb Wrote:  Well, I suppose satanism, even for those who include woo in it, is still a bit less mad than scientology. I just think it's badly-named. I know LaVey did that on purpose to be theatrical and piss people off, but whatever. I prefer to do away with all manner of woo and associations with the devil, personally.

(21-10-2012 07:19 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  ...say neanderthal instead of neandertal (although that is how it is spelled and although most American dictionaries allow it now Angry).

Ah, a language prescriptivist! I studied linguistics in college and no longer hold that view. "th" has a "th" sound in english, but not in German. I suppose you tell English-speakers to say "folksvagen" instead of [english-consonant-pronunciation] "volkswagen," too? My mom calls my dachshunds "dash-hounds." ^_^ It's an acceptable English-speaking pronunciation, though, but I prefer the German.

agreed on the point about "droll" though.

I generally just grit my teeth quietly Big Grin. I do try to pronounce things "correctly" though. If it isn't a English word, I try to pronounce it the way it sounds in it's native tongue, and I can speak a bit of German so I am probably harsher on German words. My German spelling and grammar is complete shit though so I will not be typing back and forth with you Germans. The funny thing about the example I gave is "they" don't spell it neanderthal in German anymore, which I have no problem with. Sorry for the derailment, back to SATAN! Evil_monster Laugh out load

22-10-2012, 10:19 PM (This post was last modified: 22-10-2012 10:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-10-2012 06:10 PM)Nevermore Wrote:  
(21-10-2012 06:03 PM)amyb Wrote:  I always took it to mean not serving anyone, including Anton LaVey and whoever followed him.

Well I certainly hope you don't think I'm trying to blindly serve someone. My adherence to Satanism us certainly not to please him. Especially since he's dead. You can't please dead people. They're dead. That's just silly. :3

I answer to myself, brother, no one else. ... Any one else just don't make no fucking sense. Wink

#sigh
22-10-2012, 11:29 PM
I only answer to Girly too....wait a second!

23-10-2012, 02:42 AM
So...
Not sure if someone has actually answered this in the past 7 pages.

But what is the mating signal?

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
[+] 2 users Like Smooshmonster's post
23-10-2012, 02:54 AM
Freethought is a philosophical viewpoint that holds opinions should be formed on the basis of logic, reason and empiricism and not authority, tradition, or other dogmas.

Therefore I cannot be a satanist.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
23-10-2012, 05:42 AM
(23-10-2012 02:42 AM)Smooshmonster Wrote:  So...
Not sure if someone has actually answered this in the past 7 pages.

But what is the mating signal?

It just means your partner has said they are ready for sex.