LaVeyan Satanism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2012, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 05:48 AM by Nevermore.)
RE: LaVeyan Satanism
(23-10-2012 02:54 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Freethought is a philosophical viewpoint that holds opinions should be formed on the basis of logic, reason and empiricism and not authority, tradition, or other dogmas.

Therefore I cannot be a satanist.

Do you not find the views of Satanism logical, reasonable or empirical? There is no authority to Satanism. No one is telling us what to do. We simply have a similar philosophy to eachother.

[Image: zjxoi9.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-10-2012, 06:17 AM
(23-10-2012 05:45 AM)Nevermore Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 02:54 AM)fstratzero Wrote:  Freethought is a philosophical viewpoint that holds opinions should be formed on the basis of logic, reason and empiricism and not authority, tradition, or other dogmas.

Therefore I cannot be a satanist.

Do you not find the views of Satanism logical, reasonable or empirical? There is no authority to Satanism. No one is telling us what to do. We simply have a similar philosophy to eachother.

But you have this magic deal going on ? Do you personally think that magic works ? How do you know if something is magic? Could you curse someone? Would you know if you have been cursed? Magic is the total opposite of logical, reasonable and empirical.
23-10-2012, 06:21 AM
(23-10-2012 06:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 05:45 AM)Nevermore Wrote:  Do you not find the views of Satanism logical, reasonable or empirical? There is no authority to Satanism. No one is telling us what to do. We simply have a similar philosophy to eachother.

But you have this magic deal going on ? Do you personally think that magic works ? How do you know if something is magic? Could you curse someone? Would you know if you have been cursed? Magic is the total opposite of logical, reasonable and empirical.

I've already explained it is not magic in the common sense. Magic, for Satanists, is either the change in situations by your own methods, such as seduction or intimidation. Or magic is a ritualistic psychodrama that helps you express unhealthy emotions. It's not like waving a magic wand or using the Force. Why do we call it magic? Well we're already Satanists, so why not?
Yes, it can be helpful for many people.
It's not something, it's everyone. It's an activity.
Yes, not saying anything will happen to them.
No.
And no it is not.

Ritual magic is a performance. That's all it is. It's an alternitive way to get your anger out of your system so that it's no longer ruining your day or keeping you from your goals. Among other emotions such as lust or sadness.

[+] 2 users Like Nevermore's post
23-10-2012, 12:59 PM
My school has The Church of Satan's official website blocked, saying it promotes "hate and violence". I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I've never really been a big fan of censorship. But does my school have a case? Or is it just discrimination? I genuinely wanted to learn more about this lifestyle. The KKK's website is also blocked.

"If God is real, he better have a good excuse." - Woody Allen
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-10-2012, 01:05 PM
(23-10-2012 12:59 PM)Wolfmurder Wrote:  My school has The Church of Satan's official website blocked, saying it promotes "hate and violence". I'm not really sure how I feel about it. I've never really been a big fan of censorship. But does my school have a case? Or is it just discrimination? I genuinely wanted to learn more about this lifestyle. The KKK's website is also blocked.

They are probably reacting to the name, which is why the name is really stupid.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
23-10-2012, 01:26 PM
The school probably has the right to block whatever it pleases, since it's their computers and you're on their time.

Incidentally, I was not able to asking this forum or the TTA main site while I was in the hospital! Sites with "atheism/-ist" in the name were blocked (I was able to access richarddawkins.net and a few other things, though). I haven't been in high school in many years, but I'm going to guess their policy is much like the hospital's: you aren't allowed to access anything that might offend other people or the staff in any way, even if you don't think it's offensive and don't think you're doing anything wrong. Basically, they make the rules if you're using their internet.

Quote:I've already explained it is not magic in the common sense. Magic, for Satanists, is either the change in situations by your own methods, such as seduction or intimidation.
And I will reiterate the points of the others who have called it stupid: if you're just trying to manipulate things by normal means (trying to seduce someone, scare someone so they don't fuck with you, dress to impress, whatever) then why call it magic? If it's not woo-based, there is no need to use woo-terminology. and in fact, woo-terminology will often make people think you're dumb.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
23-10-2012, 02:04 PM
(21-10-2012 11:21 AM)Nevermore Wrote:  The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth:
  • If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat them cruelly and without mercy.
  • Do not harm little children.
  • When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.
What is a Satanist supposed to do when a little child is bothering him in public and won't stop after being told to stop or when a child is annoying him at home? Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-10-2012, 02:08 PM
(23-10-2012 02:04 PM)Vosur Wrote:  What is a Satanist supposed to do when a little child is bothering him in public and won't stop after being told to stop or when a child is annoying him at home? Consider

Well, he isn't supposed to beat the shit out of the child. Telling the kid to piss off and go find his parents or something doesn't count as harm, I don't imagine.

I think that particular thing is there for 2 reasons, mainly:
(1) the idea that satanists eat children (we all know it's really atheists who do that)
(2) the fact that many children have been sexually abused by the Catholic church, so they're making a point that they don't do that

and maybe
(1b) to improve the image of satanists to anyone who bothers to read up on them.
23-10-2012, 02:25 PM (This post was last modified: 23-10-2012 02:29 PM by Vosur.)
(23-10-2012 02:08 PM)amyb Wrote:  Well, he isn't supposed to beat the shit out of the child. Telling the kid to piss off and go find his parents or something doesn't count as harm, I don't imagine.
  • When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them.
Does this sound to you like they are supposed to tell the child to go away?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
23-10-2012, 02:53 PM
(23-10-2012 02:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(23-10-2012 02:08 PM)amyb Wrote:  Well, he isn't supposed to beat the shit out of the child. Telling the kid to piss off and go find his parents or something doesn't count as harm, I don't imagine.
Does this sound to you like they are supposed to tell the child to go away?

Yeah yeah it's very dramatic and very hyperbolic. That's a consistent idea throughout The Satanic Bible. That's part of Satanism. Because it's fun to be dramatic! Would it make you happier if we rewrote The Satanic Bible to contain nicer language? Play to the lowest common denominator?
The Church of Satan doesn't like stupidity. If you honestly think think that the theatrical ritual and language of that book are real. If you honestly take "destroy them" as "kill", then you aren't thinking about it. You're taking the easy path and assuming we're crazy.
Haven't you realized by now that Satanic philosophy is told in a very dramatic way? That basically everything Satanic is theatrical? All religion is show business, we just admit it. The symbols, the rituals, the Gothic images, the literature. But it just takes an interview or two to realize we are just having fun with it.