Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
08-12-2015, 12:48 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(08-12-2015 12:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 12:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, what is 'organic' brown sugar?

Certified that the farmer stuck his organ in each sack for 3 seconds minimum.

[Image: latest?cb=20090223213916]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2015, 12:55 AM
(08-12-2015 12:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 12:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  It's sustainably grown, no pesticides, no chemical fertilizers, fair trade, no gmo's, vegan.

I use Wholesome Sweeteners brand.

1 - Non 'organic' crops are more sustainable, because you can grow more crops with less land, because they have been developed to do so.

2 - Organic crops require more pesticides than non-organic ones, because they are less naturally resistant to pests.

3 - All fertilizers are chemicals. The nitrate in cow shit is the same nitrate in commercial fertilizer.

4 - All domesticated crops are 'GMO'. Dairy cows are GMO. Modern bananas and yellow corn are GMO. 'GMO' is a scare word, don't buy into it.

I buy it primarily because it's vegan. Most organic sugars are vegan while more mainstream ones process their sugar with bone char--so obviously not vegan. So for me it is about the processing of the sugar and less about the organic.
08-12-2015, 12:56 AM
(08-12-2015 12:44 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 12:17 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Uh, what is 'organic' brown sugar?

Certified that the farmer stuck his organ in each sack for 3 seconds minimum.

I'm not sure what sugar you've been buying, but hopefully you don't find any pubes in it. Hobo Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-12-2015, 01:02 AM
(08-12-2015 12:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-12-2015 11:38 PM)morondog Wrote:  Vaggie burger Big Grin

Actually breakfast is ACE Number 1 Super Cereal Instant Porridge. Costs about R10 - 1 USD for a kg. Tastes like bleuargh Rainbow Vomit Haven't been shopping though, so that's what I gotta eat. Life is harrrrd in Africa.

I like steel cut oatmeal with some nuts and blueberries and some cinnamon or organic brown sugar. Maybe if you dressed your porridge up a little it would taste better?

I second the steel cut oatmeal motion. Thumbsup I usually make mine with raisins and cinnamon and sometimes almonds and a splash of heavy cream at the end.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
08-12-2015, 01:10 AM
Right now I'm enjoying some late-night baked spaghetti which has always been my favorite way to reheat leftover spaghetti.

Top with cheese, stick it in the oven and 20 minutes later you have a gooey mess that is slightly crispy around the edges. Yum. Big Grin

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
08-12-2015, 01:22 AM
(08-12-2015 01:10 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Right now I'm enjoying some late-night baked spaghetti which has always been my favorite way to reheat leftover spaghetti.

Top with cheese, stick it in the oven and 20 minutes later you have a gooey mess that is slightly crispy around the edges. Yum. Big Grin

That sounds yum!
08-12-2015, 03:27 AM
I just made this for "breakfast" Rolleyes

It's a chocolate cake with a cocoa-cinnamon syrup and a chocolate-hazelnut glaze. It tastes as good as it looks Drooling

[Image: ASKtq3F.jpg]

(excuse the messy spoon, I was tasting it as I was taking pictures)

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 5 users Like undergroundp's post
08-12-2015, 07:40 AM
(08-12-2015 03:27 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I just made this for "breakfast" Rolleyes

It's a chocolate cake with a cocoa-cinnamon syrup and a chocolate-hazelnut glaze. It tastes as good as it looks Drooling

That looks soooooooo good! Drooling
08-12-2015, 09:04 AM
(08-12-2015 07:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-12-2015 03:27 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  I just made this for "breakfast" Rolleyes

That looks soooooooo good! Drooling

Smile

Since I'm starting to get into food photography, I won't spare you guys and I'll post all the nasty things I cook Hobo

Here's today's lunch!

[Image: XSMzptq.jpg]

I tried making this bacon-wrapped, pesto-filled chicken that I found online somewhere with some fries my boyfriend made. It was reaaaally good (but oh so heavy!)

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
[+] 2 users Like undergroundp's post
08-12-2015, 09:09 AM
Undergroundp. I need you to move in with me.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post