Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
24-12-2015, 04:23 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(24-12-2015 02:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg the cheesecake is in the oven and smells amazing. Big Grin

Drooling
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
24-12-2015, 06:23 PM
Well last night was xmas eve. I took myself out to a Vietnamese restaurant and had calamari entree, and vegetables and lemon grass chicken as a main. I also had no less than 2 Vietnamese beers! Came home and passed out.

Now desperately trying to wake up.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
24-12-2015, 07:59 PM
We went pretty ghetto for Christmas Eve. And you know what? It was awesome. If the power hadn't gone out just when we were getting ready to start making Christmas dinner, I never would have had an excuse to solve the problem by going to the gas station to get a replacement meal. Alas, that's what happened, and holy shit all I can say is this was the kind of cheat day that comes, like, once every four years at the most.

We covered our Pringles and Cheetos with Cheez Wiz. The main course was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Top Ramen (I filled a couple thermoses with hot water at the gas station). And of course there is the matter of the multiple tubs of ice cream my girlfriend's mother had sitting in the unpowered freezer. We couldn't let it go to waste, so we made sure to eat every last spoon full before it melted.

I felt like a 12 year old blowing my allowance on junk food. Except now my allowance is bigger. And I'm kind of obsessive about things. I don't do anything half ass. That's why I'm normally so strict about my diet, because it's an all or nothing kind of thing with me whether I'm studying, running, or opening up that tub of ice cream. When it happens, I know damn well I'm not stopping till I reach the bottom. And once I made the decision that this was going to be a junk food Christmas, it was on. And I did not hold back.

I can't say that I'm feeling too well right now, but it was fun at the time.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
24-12-2015, 08:11 PM
(24-12-2015 07:59 PM)yakherder Wrote:  We went pretty ghetto for Christmas Eve. And you know what? It was awesome. If the power hadn't gone out just when we were getting ready to start making Christmas dinner, I never would have had an excuse to solve the problem by going to the gas station to get a replacement meal. Alas, that's what happened, and holy shit all I can say is this was the kind of cheat day that comes, like, once every four years at the most.

We covered our Pringles and Cheetos with Cheez Wiz. The main course was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and Top Ramen (I filled a couple thermoses with hot water at the gas station). And of course there is the matter of the multiple tubs of ice cream my girlfriend's mother had sitting in the unpowered freezer. We couldn't let it go to waste, so we made sure to eat every last spoon full before it melted.

I felt like a 12 year old blowing my allowance on junk food. Except now my allowance is bigger. And I'm kind of obsessive about things. I don't do anything half ass. That's why I'm normally so strict about my diet, because it's an all or nothing kind of thing with me whether I'm studying, running, or opening up that tub of ice cream. When it happens, I know damn well I'm not stopping till I reach the bottom. And once I made the decision that this was going to be a junk food Christmas, it was on. And I did not hold back.

Sounds good to me Thumbsup Sometimes it's fun to eat junk--and what better time than on Christmas Eve? You gotta splurge on the holidays Wink I'm glad you guys enjoyed yourselves Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
24-12-2015, 08:20 PM
Just waiting for friends to get here now. All veggies are marinated and ready for grill. Crudites are out. I just finished making my spinach artichoke dip, just need to dump some crackers on a plate. Stuffed mushrooms are baking. So appetizers are pretty much ready.

For dinner, my ex is going to throw some steaks on the grill for the meateaters and I got a lentil loaf for the vegheads. I just have to heat that up, so it's easy. So that's for dinner along with grilled marinated veggie kabobs (new potatoes/cherry tomatoes/baby portobellos/onion/green pepper) and some rice pilaf. I am making baked pears with vanilla ice cream (dairy and nondairy) for dessert.

So far so good Wink
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
25-12-2015, 03:49 AM
(24-12-2015 08:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Just waiting for friends to get here now. All veggies are marinated and ready for grill. Crudites are out. I just finished making my spinach artichoke dip, just need to dump some crackers on a plate. Stuffed mushrooms are baking. So appetizers are pretty much ready.

For dinner, my ex is going to throw some steaks on the grill for the meateaters and I got a lentil loaf for the vegheads. I just have to heat that up, so it's easy. So that's for dinner along with grilled marinated veggie kabobs (new potatoes/cherry tomatoes/baby portobellos/onion/green pepper) and some rice pilaf. I am making baked pears with vanilla ice cream (dairy and nondairy) for dessert.

So far so good Wink

I felt sure you would have a lump of tofu and an almond latte in there somewhereTongue happy Christmas to you Jenny xxx
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
25-12-2015, 05:39 AM
(25-12-2015 03:49 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(24-12-2015 08:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Just waiting for friends to get here now. All veggies are marinated and ready for grill. Crudites are out. I just finished making my spinach artichoke dip, just need to dump some crackers on a plate. Stuffed mushrooms are baking. So appetizers are pretty much ready.

So far so good Wink

I felt sure you would have a lump of tofu and an almond latte in there somewhereTongue happy Christmas to you Jenny xxx

Tongue to you as well Smile
25-12-2015, 07:20 AM
(24-12-2015 07:59 PM)yakherder Wrote:  We went pretty ghetto for Christmas Eve. And you know what? It was awesome. If the power hadn't gone out just when we were getting ready to start making Christmas dinner, I never would have had an excuse to solve the problem by going to the gas station to get a replacement meal. Alas, that's what happened, and holy shit all I can say is this was the kind of cheat day that comes, like, once every four years at the most.

That wicked wind knocked out your power?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2015, 07:35 AM
Christmas Eve at my niece's was hors d'oeuvres followed by Chinese food followed by Christmas cookies.

Christmas morning is coffee and hot croissants with honey. Drooling And coffee. Drinking Beverage

Note: As I am in Montreal, these are real croissants, not those ersatz buns that are called croissants (and mispronounced) in the States.

Later today will be beef rib roast, roast potatoes, gravy, green beans, and Yorkshire pudding. And Christmas cookies.

Film at eleven.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
25-12-2015, 08:56 AM
(25-12-2015 07:20 AM)Chas Wrote:  

That wicked wind knocked out your power?

It did for a lot of people in Québec but in our case I saw a car that had hit a pole as I was leaving our neighborhood, being tended to by a fire truck and a hydro Québec truck that didn't look particularly rushed.

'Murican Canadian