Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
25-12-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(25-12-2015 09:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(25-12-2015 09:14 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Today the power stayed on.

Millet and cheese pie, rice, veggie kabobs. After the junk food binge last night, I wasn't in the mood for anything too grandiose Tongue

Do you marinate your veggie kabobs? I marinate mine in italian dressing and then throw them on the grill.

Used a Korean BBQ marinade then dipped them in something I can best describe as sweet and sour sauce, but not as sweet as the typical restaurant stuff, and a little stronger.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
25-12-2015, 11:00 PM
(25-12-2015 10:57 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(25-12-2015 09:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Do you marinate your veggie kabobs? I marinate mine in italian dressing and then throw them on the grill.

Used a Korean BBQ marinade then dipped them in something I can best describe as sweet and sour sauce, but not as sweet as the typical restaurant stuff, and a little stronger.

Oh, that sounds good! I'll have to try that Thumbsup
26-12-2015, 12:16 AM
(25-12-2015 09:09 PM)KUSA Wrote:  Since my wife is Italian we had spaghetti today for xmas. She makes the sauce from scratch (whole tomatoes and such) and cooks it low for three days. It is an old family recipe handed down from generation to generation.

Here is the sauce.

Here is my plate.

It's a very rich sauce.

That sauce looks amazing!
26-12-2015, 07:27 AM
Doing something different this St. Stephen's day. We're taking my mother out for afternoon tea in a five star hotel in the city center. It's a first for my mother, should be a fun day.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
26-12-2015, 08:25 AM
(26-12-2015 07:27 AM)Marozz Wrote:  Doing something different this St. Stephen's day. We're taking my mother out for afternoon tea in a five star hotel in the city center. It's a first for my mother, should be a fun day.

Sounds like such a nice day. I'm sure your mom will enjoy it Smile
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-12-2015, 08:40 AM
Fuck me I've eaten so much, huge quantities of turkey, pork, stuffing, roast parsnips and potatoes and sprouts a whole Xmas pudding with creme Anglais a huge tub of Ardennes pate with biscuits, stilton and French washed rind cheese that smells like dirty socks / cock.

Tonight its cold cuts, smoked trout, tomatoes, baked potatoes hot Indian lime pickle, fruit, chocolate mousse south African pecans ( much sweeter and better than American pecans I'm afraid) grapes medjool dates stuffed with cream cheese and dried figs. My meds make me hungry in the last year I've put on 2.5 stone, (that's 35 pounds for my American friends)
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-12-2015, 08:55 AM
(26-12-2015 08:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Fuck me I've eaten so much, huge quantities of turkey, pork, stuffing, roast parsnips and potatoes and sprouts a whole Xmas pudding with creme Anglais a huge tub of Ardennes pate with biscuits, stilton and French washed rind cheese that smells like dirty socks / cock.

Tonight its cold cuts, smoked trout, tomatoes, baked potatoes hot Indian lime pickle, fruit, chocolate mousse south African pecans ( much sweeter and better than American pecans I'm afraid) grapes medjool dates stuffed with cream cheese and dried figs. My meds make me hungry in the last year I've put on 2.5 stone, (that's 35 pounds for my American friends)

Luckily, we also have a workout thread Tongue
26-12-2015, 09:00 AM
(26-12-2015 08:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 08:40 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Fuck me I've eaten so much, huge quantities of turkey, pork, stuffing, roast parsnips and potatoes and sprouts a whole Xmas pudding with creme Anglais a huge tub of Ardennes pate with biscuits, stilton and French washed rind cheese that smells like dirty socks / cock.

Luckily, we also have a workout thread Tongue

Nah, I'm too lazy, I think I will live with the weight Tongue all the best m'dear your posts always lighten my day Smile
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-12-2015, 09:25 AM
(25-12-2015 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Christmas Eve at my niece's was hors d'oeuvres followed by Chinese food followed by Christmas cookies.

Christmas morning is coffee and hot croissants with honey. Drooling And coffee. Drinking Beverage

Note: As I am in Montreal, these are real croissants, not those ersatz buns that are called croissants (and mispronounced) in the States.

Later today will be beef rib roast, roast potatoes, gravy, green beans, and Yorkshire pudding. And Christmas cookies.

Film at eleven.

[Image: dinnerplate.jpg]
[Image: cookies.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
26-12-2015, 09:34 AM
(26-12-2015 09:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 08:55 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Luckily, we also have a workout thread Tongue

Nah, I'm too lazy, I think I will live with the weight Tongue all the best m'dear your posts always lighten my day Smile

Awww so sweet, thank you Big Grin