Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
26-12-2015, 09:36 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(26-12-2015 09:25 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(25-12-2015 07:35 AM)Chas Wrote:  Christmas Eve at my niece's was hors d'oeuvres followed by Chinese food followed by Christmas cookies.

Christmas morning is coffee and hot croissants with honey. Drooling And coffee. Drinking Beverage

Note: As I am in Montreal, these are real croissants, not those ersatz buns that are called croissants (and mispronounced) in the States.

Later today will be beef rib roast, roast potatoes, gravy, green beans, and Yorkshire pudding. And Christmas cookies.

Film at eleven.

[img]http://www.acbeddoe.com/photos/Xmas2015/dinnerplate.jp
[img]http://www.acbeddoe.com/photos/Xmas2015/cookie

I'll take that whole plate of cookies off your hands Drooling
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2015, 02:23 PM
First bagel shop I went to was closed. Now at second one and they have like no bagels. What do I have to do to get a bagel around here? Walk on water? Hobo
26-12-2015, 03:41 PM
(26-12-2015 02:23 PM)jennybee Wrote:  First bagel shop I went to was closed. Now at second one and they have like no bagels. What do I have to do to get a bagel around here? Walk on water? Hobo

If you have yeast flour salt and water you could make some the secret is to plunge the risen bagel into boiling water for about twenty seconds before baking to create the distinctive chewy crust.
26-12-2015, 03:47 PM
(26-12-2015 03:41 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 02:23 PM)jennybee Wrote:  First bagel shop I went to was closed. Now at second one and they have like no bagels. What do I have to do to get a bagel around here? Walk on water? Hobo

If you have yeast flour salt and water you could make some the secret is to plunge the risen bagel into boiling water for about twenty seconds before baking to create the distinctive chewy crust.

I ended up getting a bagel. Cinnamon raisin with pb, j, and banana Drooling

I don't think it's a good idea for me to attempt making bagels with my lack of cooking skills Hobo Laugh out load
26-12-2015, 03:50 PM
(26-12-2015 03:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 03:41 PM)adey67 Wrote:  If you have yeast flour salt and water you could make some the secret is to plunge the risen bagel into boiling water for about twenty seconds before baking to create the distinctive chewy crust.

I ended up getting a bagel. Cinnamon raisin with pb, j, and banana Drooling

I don't think it's a good idea for me to attempt making bagels with my lack of cooking skills Hobo Laugh out load
Oooh that sounds good pb&j plus raisin cinnamon and banana multiple foodgasms imho
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
26-12-2015, 04:22 PM
(26-12-2015 03:50 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 03:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I ended up getting a bagel. Cinnamon raisin with pb, j, and banana Drooling

Oooh that sounds good pb&j plus raisin cinnamon and banana multiple foodgasms imho

It was for sure Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-12-2015, 04:39 PM
A soft boiled egg, a piece of toast. It stayed down but it was work. I need to eat but I just can't. Just going in the kitchen makes me want to puke. Sad
I hate flu. Hopefully tomorrow it will be much better.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
26-12-2015, 04:43 PM
(26-12-2015 04:39 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  A soft boiled egg, a piece of toast. It stayed down but it was work. I need to eat but I just can't. Just going in the kitchen makes me want to puke. Sad

I just got over mine recently. Hope you feel better soon.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
26-12-2015, 04:48 PM
(26-12-2015 04:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-12-2015 04:39 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  A soft boiled egg, a piece of toast. It stayed down but it was work. I need to eat but I just can't. Just going in the kitchen makes me want to puke. Sad

I just got over mine recently. Hope you feel better soon.

Thank you! Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
26-12-2015, 05:07 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post