Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
30-12-2015, 12:25 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(30-12-2015 12:20 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'll admit, "tofu", "pumpkin", and "curry" are three words you don't typically see in a sentence together.

They're also three ingredients you don't typically see on a plate together either. Tongue

It's actually a fairly popular Thai dish.

They have pumpkins in Thailand? Color me surprised. I've only ever thought of them as an American thing. Blink

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-12-2015, 12:45 AM
(30-12-2015 12:19 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 12:14 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's like she was trying to have dinner and dessert at the same time.

It wasn't a pumpkin pie Laugh out load It's just regular pumpkin in a sweet curry broth. You can get it with salmon or chicken if you don't like tofu. You should try some Thai food, it's very good Drooling

I know it wasn't pie lol it's just pumpkin Is usually an ingredient in sweets. Never seen or ate pumpkin in a non sweet, dessertish dish.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
30-12-2015, 01:16 AM
(30-12-2015 12:45 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I know it wasn't pie lol it's just pumpkin Is usually an ingredient in sweets. Never seen or ate pumpkin in a non sweet, dessertish dish.

You've never had roast pumpkin??? Dude! WTF? Gasp

Today I had a healthy cereal orange juice and a coffee for breakfast.

For lunch I had a salad sandwich and an orange juice for free at the hospital. Smile

For dinner I had a Vietnamese yellow soup with seafood and noodles.

I then went to a Korean store and picked up a massive pack of seaweed to snack on for $5.50! I also got some good quality kimchi and some Korean noodles.

It was a huge day. I went from one side of Sydney to the other. But ate well. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
30-12-2015, 01:17 AM
(30-12-2015 01:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 12:45 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  I know it wasn't pie lol it's just pumpkin Is usually an ingredient in sweets. Never seen or ate pumpkin in a non sweet, dessertish dish.

No

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
30-12-2015, 01:20 AM
(30-12-2015 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 12:02 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sounds disgusting lol

I'll admit, "tofu", "pumpkin", and "curry" are three words you don't typically see in a sentence together.

They're also three ingredients you don't typically see on a plate together either. Tongue

Mate, five minute walk away from my flat. All the Thai food you can eat. In fact King St Newtown in Sydney has the highest concentration of Thai restaurants outside of Thailand.

Plus any other nationality one can think of. There's a terrific Nepalese place right next to a Chilean place and so on and on. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
30-12-2015, 01:22 AM
(30-12-2015 01:17 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 01:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  You've never had roast pumpkin??? Dude! WTF? Gasp

No

You must rectify this. It's freaking great with roast potatoes and carrots and perhaps a good gravy.....

I just ate and I am getting hungry again! Big Grin

[Image: r0_41_800_491_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg]

Banjo.
30-12-2015, 01:28 AM
(30-12-2015 01:20 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 12:11 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  I'll admit, "tofu", "pumpkin", and "curry" are three words you don't typically see in a sentence together.

Mate, five minute walk away from my flat. All the Thai food you can eat. In fact King St Newtown in Sydney has the highest concentration of Thai restaurants outside of Thailand.

Plus any other nationality one can think of. There's a terrific Nepalese place right next to a Chilean place and so on and on. Smile

Well, if you have any suggestions. I mean, I love getting Chinese take-out, but I'm also more than abundantly aware that the stuff I like the most is not actually Chinese food. General Tso's Chicken was created specifically to cater to an American palette.

Now I have tried branching out, but it's sometimes hard to justify trying something new; especially after more than a few misses. I've tried the Moo Goo Gai Pan, not a fan. Egg Drop Soup? Made me want to vomit. Beef Lo Mein or Sweet & Sour Pork? I fucking love that shit!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
30-12-2015, 01:33 AM
Mate I'd have to know what's in your area and check out the menus and the restaurants. Plenty of shit restaurants out there. Pad see ew is always a steady Thai noodle dish. Very hard to go wrong.

Banjo.
30-12-2015, 07:54 AM
(30-12-2015 01:16 AM)Banjo Wrote:  

Today I had a healthy cereal orange juice and a coffee for breakfast.

For lunch I had a salad sandwich and an orange juice for free at the hospital. Smile

For dinner I had a Vietnamese yellow soup with seafood and noodles.

I then went to a Korean store and picked up a massive pack of seaweed to snack on for $5.50! I also got some good quality kimchi and some Korean noodles.

It was a huge day. I went from one side of Sydney to the other. But ate well. Smile

See Banjo knows Smile I'm not the only one who eats roasted pumpkin Tongue.

I love salad sandwiches. You are making me want one now! I put it in a pita and sprinkle sunflower seeds on top--so good!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
30-12-2015, 09:07 AM
(29-12-2015 08:16 PM)John Silver Wrote:  Well I awoke early....3 am this morn and was hungry.. I cooked a country breakfast composing of buttered toast...3 scrambled eggs (from my hens) a slab of country cured ham... and a generous serving of South Carolina "Southron " gritts..............the rest of the day I went easy..... 2 Bloody Mary's and a slice of Extra sharp cheddar cheese served on stone ground wheat crackers..

Grits.....aaaaaghh!!!! Nasty, tried them once and nearly vomited.