Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
31-12-2015, 08:37 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
(31-12-2015 12:57 AM)skyking Wrote:  pear is very very easy. Peel, cut out seeds and chunk into a pot. They start melting pretty quick. Keep stirring. They keep cooking down and nectar is on top. ladle that off and give to your winemaking friends. Keep cooking and stirring, be careful not to burn. Add very little sugar if any to taste, depending on the pear. Ladle into jars and water bath or pressure cooker to seal.
It is shocking how many pears go into a pot. they really cook down and give up the essence of pear.

Pears are great. I have 3 pear trees, different varieties, and a lot of them are eaten before they ever make it to the house. There are so many deserts you can make with pears that are sweet and still sugar free, not to mention simply popping one in the micro or throw it in the oven with anything you happen to roast...

Lazy, good dinners for me are often a piece of fish or chicken or other meat, a bunch of colorful veggies and a piece of fruit, all popped on a baking sheet in a hot oven. Simple, fast and delicious.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
31-12-2015, 08:59 AM
Cold cuts including pastrami Parma ham & turkey, with baked potatoes and a plate of mixed pickles & tomatoes. Tomorrow its roast duck marinated with hoisin sauce potatoes and collard greens.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
31-12-2015, 01:40 PM
Planning on reverting to a simpler diet today. Will start with oatmeal and then probably have a chickpea salad.

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
31-12-2015, 01:42 PM
(31-12-2015 01:40 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Planning on reverting to a simpler diet today. Will start with oatmeal and then probably have a chickpea salad.

I'm all about the chickpea salad Tongue I've been eating that a lot lately!
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
31-12-2015, 03:32 PM
So far, I just had a chocolate whey protein shake after going to the gym, but that's because I'm saving room for tonight's feast:

Chuck roast with baby potatoes, crab legs, Trader Joe's Parmesan Pastry Pups, Trader Joe's Spanakopita, and many bottles of New Holland Brown Ale (one of which I'm enjoying as I type this). [Image: smileys-beer-817053.gif]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
31-12-2015, 03:39 PM
(31-12-2015 03:32 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  So far, I just had a chocolate whey protein shake after going to the gym, but that's because I'm saving room for tonight's feast:

Chuck roast with baby potatoes, crab legs, Trader Joe's Parmesan Pastry Pups, Trader Joe's Spanakopita, and many bottles of New Holland Brown Ale (one of which I'm enjoying as I type this). [Image: smileys-beer-817053.gif]

Wow, that is a feast! Enjoy! Big Grin I'm only doing appetizers tonight since I am having more of a New Year's Eve cocktail party. So no need to make room for anything besides booze and a few appetizers Hobo
31-12-2015, 09:47 PM
Stuffed mushrooms are baking. I just finished making my mediterranean quinoa salad. Cheese, crackers, olive tapenade, and date rolls are out. Sliced up bread for bruschetta and made the topping. I ate some already before my guests get here in 15 minutes. Hobo I couldn't wait Laugh out load Enjoying second glass of wine now Yes Hopefully no Drunk Thread for me after midnight Tongue

Happy New Year, Foodies! Heart
01-01-2016, 05:43 AM
I hope everyone enjoyed their New Year's Eve. I haven't been to bed yet Hobo I'm craving a peanut butter bagel but its 3:30 in the morning and the bagel place with awesome bagels isn't open yet Sad
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
01-01-2016, 09:38 AM
Well, the duck is marinated with hoisin sauce and anchovy extract potatoes are ready for roasting in duck fat and the collard greens are prepared for boiling in turkey stock eating's gonna be good!!!!
[+] 5 users Like adey67's post
01-01-2016, 12:12 PM
General Tso's Chicken

Because it's not New Year's for Chinese restaurants. Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post