Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
01-01-2016, 12:26 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(01-01-2016 09:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Well, the duck is marinated with hoisin sauce and anchovy extract potatoes are ready for roasting in duck fat and the collard greens are prepared for boiling in turkey stock eating's gonna be good!!!!

Sounds great.
I enjoy duck and am raising Mallards ,,,had 15 ducklings hatch out back in the Spring.
We keep them well fed and most all are of good size now.....The problem is I just don't seem now to have the heart to start "putting the down" Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes John Silver's post
01-01-2016, 01:21 PM
(01-01-2016 12:26 PM)John Silver Wrote:  
(01-01-2016 09:38 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Well, the duck is marinated with hoisin sauce and anchovy extract potatoes are ready for roasting in duck fat and the collard greens are prepared for boiling in turkey stock eating's gonna be good!!!!

Sounds great.
I enjoy duck and am raising Mallards ,,,had 15 ducklings hatch out back in the Spring.
We keep them well fed and most all are of good size now.....The problem is I just don't seem now to have the heart to start "putting the down" Sad

Ducks always seem greasy to me. .... no wait, that's geese. Not sure I've had duck.

#sigh
01-01-2016, 01:58 PM
So far, 1 pc bacon, 1 pc toasted Italian bread. Later will be roast, potatoes, green beans, carrots and sumptin' for dessert.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
01-01-2016, 02:18 PM
Well...my first attempt to cook beef tripe at home ended in failure. I think I need to revisit the washing/soaking prep steps again.

Since Plan A fell through, I had my first cricket protein bar while I waited for leftovers from last night to heat up. It was a lot easier to take that first bite than I thought. Eating bugs isn't so bad when they don't look like bugs. Big Grin

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
01-01-2016, 02:30 PM
(01-01-2016 02:18 PM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  Well...my first attempt to cook beef tripe at home ended in failure. I think I need to revisit the washing/soaking prep steps again.

Since Plan A fell through, I had my first cricket protein bar while I waited for leftovers from last night to heat up. It was a lot easier to take that first bite than I thought. Eating bugs isn't so bad when they don't look like bugs. Big Grin

Chirp chirp chirp Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-01-2016, 02:30 PM
Eating left over buffet food and wondering what to throw out and what to save, I might make a curry with some of this stuffBig Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Thewonderer's post
01-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Made scones for breakfast (from the Best of British Baking book)... no clotted cream, unfortunately.
Now enjoying a cup of Earl Grey and shortbread, pear, nuts...
Making some kind of turkey curry for supper with basmati and rosemary roasted root vegetables Smile

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 1 user Likes Reducetarian's post
01-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Made tamarind pineapple juice to go with the Indian takeout leftovers from our New Year dinner.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
01-01-2016, 03:06 PM
(01-01-2016 02:57 PM)yakherder Wrote:  Made tamarind pineapple juice to go with the Indian takeout leftovers from our New Year dinner.

I'm thinking of getting indian today myself Smile I like sweet things with indian, the pineapple juice tamarind sounds good--offsets the spicy. I usually get a mango chutney at this one place I go to. I don't know if I can wait for dinner now Drooling Tongue
01-01-2016, 03:07 PM
(01-01-2016 02:42 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  Made scones for breakfast (from the Best of British Baking book)... no clotted cream, unfortunately.
Now enjoying a cup of Earl Grey and shortbread, pear, nuts...
Making some kind of turkey curry for supper with basmati and rosemary roasted root vegetables Smile

People keep talking about pears in here. Drooling I think I might make some baked pears again for dessert and throw some nuts on them as a topping.