Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
27-01-2016, 04:49 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(27-01-2016 03:13 PM)I Am Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 02:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  What exactly is Soylent? I've seen others post about it as well.

It is a meal replacement drink. It aims to provide a balanced and complete nutrition profile in a bland, inoffensive beverage. I have used version 1.4 and 1.5 before but now I use version 2.0. The flavor is like milk left over after a bowl of Cheerios, except a little thicker. It's made from soy protein, oil, a vitamin and mineral blend, and a carb called isomaltulose. It comes in 400 calorie bottles. Lots of people flavor it, but mostly I leave it plain. Rarely I add honey or cinnamon.

I get about half my calories from Soylent now. It's most of my food during the week and a minority on the weekend.

Wait they actually made a food product named Soylent and not as a joke?

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
27-01-2016, 04:53 PM
Made this bread. Turned out pretty dense and kind of like cornbread, but I think I didn't flatten it enough. Still good though. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes GenesisNemesis's post
27-01-2016, 05:08 PM
(27-01-2016 04:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Wait they actually made a food product named Soylent and not as a joke?

Yeah, that was an odd choice. The people who created it said it was borrowed from the short story (Make Room! Make Room!) from which the movie was made. In the short story apparently Soylent is not people, It's just soy and lentils made into something like steak.
27-01-2016, 06:26 PM
(27-01-2016 04:53 PM)GenesisNemesis Wrote:  Made this bread. Turned out pretty dense and kind of like cornbread, but I think I didn't flatten it enough. Still good though. Tongue

Wow, good for you! Smile I want to try and make some homemade bread. I should probably take out some extra insurance first Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
27-01-2016, 06:46 PM
I will be eating some pms food tonight. Waffles smothered in Justin's chocolate hazelnut butter and sliced bananas on top Drooling
28-01-2016, 02:27 AM
(27-01-2016 04:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 03:13 PM)I Am Wrote:  It is a meal replacement drink. It aims to provide a balanced and complete nutrition profile in a bland, inoffensive beverage. I have used version 1.4 and 1.5 before but now I use version 2.0. The flavor is like milk left over after a bowl of Cheerios, except a little thicker. It's made from soy protein, oil, a vitamin and mineral blend, and a carb called isomaltulose. It comes in 400 calorie bottles. Lots of people flavor it, but mostly I leave it plain. Rarely I add honey or cinnamon.

I get about half my calories from Soylent now. It's most of my food during the week and a minority on the weekend.

Laugh out load

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-01-2016, 07:48 AM
(27-01-2016 04:49 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 03:13 PM)I Am Wrote:  It is a meal replacement drink. It aims to provide a balanced and complete nutrition profile in a bland, inoffensive beverage. I have used version 1.4 and 1.5 before but now I use version 2.0. The flavor is like milk left over after a bowl of Cheerios, except a little thicker. It's made from soy protein, oil, a vitamin and mineral blend, and a carb called isomaltulose. It comes in 400 calorie bottles. Lots of people flavor it, but mostly I leave it plain. Rarely I add honey or cinnamon.

I was hoping that the product predated the movie, but that is sadly not the case.

Rosa Labs website Wrote:In 2013, Rob Rhinehart set out to develop a simple and affordable nutritional drink that possesses everything the healthy body needs. That drink is what we now recognize as Soylent, the first macronutritious food replacement beverage customized for you.

Soylent website Wrote:Soylent FAQ About Soylent
Why is it named Soylent?

Our name was inspired by Harry Harrison's 1966 science fiction novel Make Room! Make Room!, which explores the impact massive population growth could have on world resources. In the book, "soylent" is made of soy and lentils and is a new food source used to accommodate overpopulation.

It is truly remarkable that they named it Soylent. They seem to be culturally tone deaf.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2016, 09:32 AM
(27-01-2016 01:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 11:00 AM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  That pizza sounds amazing........!Drooling Next time you have it, take a picture for us!

It was! I thought I was the only weirdo who liked pineapple/olive/crushed red pepper on my pizza Tongue
I keep a constant stock of crushed red pepper. I put it on damn near everything. As for pizza, I will eat most toppings on one. No pizza prejudice here. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes UndauntedToast's post
28-01-2016, 10:01 AM
(28-01-2016 09:32 AM)UndauntedToast Wrote:  
(27-01-2016 01:14 PM)jennybee Wrote:  It was! I thought I was the only weirdo who liked pineapple/olive/crushed red pepper on my pizza Tongue
I keep a constant stock of crushed red pepper. I put it on damn near everything. As for pizza, I will eat most toppings on one. No pizza prejudice here. Tongue

I'm glad you are open-minded about your pizza toppings. It really is a metaphor for life...I don't know where I'm going with this Laugh out load
28-01-2016, 11:29 AM
My favorite pizza is quadruple pineapple with extra cheese Tongue

Today I baked condensed milk based chocolate cookies. More like a cross between fudge and a cookie really. Now the challenging part. Eat them sparingly without breaking my dietary rules.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post