Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
18-03-2016, 08:31 PM
RE: What did you eat today?
(18-03-2016 07:45 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Okay, so you put your pork steaks into these Jack Daniels BBQ marinade bags, right.
Zip em up, & let em sit for however long it tells ya, then cook em in the oven IN those bags.
What comes out?

Fuckin HEAVEN! Bowing

SO delicious! Drooling SO tender! Drooling

I thought you were going vegan Tongue Laugh out load

Oh in answer to your pm, I tripped Facepalm
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
18-03-2016, 08:51 PM
(18-03-2016 08:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 07:45 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Okay, so you put your pork steaks into these Jack Daniels BBQ marinade bags, right.
Zip em up, & let em sit for however long it tells ya, then cook em in the oven IN those bags.
What comes out?

Fuckin HEAVEN! Bowing

SO delicious! Drooling SO tender! Drooling

I thought you were going vegan Tongue Laugh out load

I can eat both vegan, & carniverous, dishes Tongue The sides were the usual! Shy Green beans, & corn! Big Grin

I sowwy! Sad Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
18-03-2016, 09:06 PM
(18-03-2016 08:51 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(18-03-2016 08:31 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I thought you were going vegan Tongue Laugh out load

I can eat both vegan, & carniverous, dishes Tongue The sides were the usual! Shy Green beans, & corn! Big Grin

I sowwy! Sad Hug

I'll be okay Smile

Tonight I had a burrito and tortilla chips and guac, so that's making me feel better Big Grin
18-03-2016, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 18-03-2016 10:31 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(18-03-2016 09:23 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'll be making a chicken tabouleh salad tonight -- I grilled the chicken on the coals last night after the steak was done.

Here's how it came out:

[Image: 2z8ztqf.jpg]

I'm having it over naan bread brushed with butter and basil.

I used Near East tabouleh (the packet has 5 oz of bulgar wheat and seasoning) as a base. I prepped 1/2 cup of rice (bring 1 cup of water to a boil with a cube of chicken bullion in it, throw in the rice, reduce to the lowest you can get it, and go 20 minutes) to add heft to the meal.

Diced up two boneless skinless chicken thighs, though you can use breasts or even go full-Jenny and not have any meat in it, I bet it would still rock. Dice up a 1/4 cup of bell pepper, one big Roma tomato, two cloves of garlic, about ten big green olives and another ten kalamatas, 1/2 cup of peeled seeded cucumber, a lot of fresh basil cut as small as your fingers allow, and some cheese. I didn't have any feta in the house so I went with muenster. Pull and stem twenty or thirty spinach leaves, and shred them into the bowl too.

Boil some water and soak your tabouleh, chop up your veggies and chicken, and add your rice, chicken, and veggies. Throw a healthy dollop of olive oil and a few sprinkles of red wine vinegar, along with fresh-ground black pepper, when you get it all mixing.

Goddamn, I wish I had some feta in the house, it would be perfect.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
19-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Fried chicken breast with Chicken Butter sauce and bulgur plus Venetian salad.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
19-03-2016, 11:23 AM
Prawn jalfreisi with basmati rice (us Brits love our curry, probably because we owned India from 1837-1948) now parts of the UK are almost exclusively indian, serves us right for being so imperialistic, personally I think we are a better country for it, I love indian culture its so rich and diverse.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-03-2016, 11:30 AM
I made some pasta with tomato sauce and bacon Smile Wooo! I normally eat out of a can... Today I felt like cookery Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-03-2016, 11:37 AM
(19-03-2016 11:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Prawn jalfreisi with basmati rice (us Brits love our curry, probably because we owned India from 1837-1948) now parts of the UK are almost exclusively indian, serves us right for being so imperialistic, personally I think we are a better country for it, I love indian culture its so rich and diverse.

I love indian culture too Smile
19-03-2016, 11:41 AM
We should totally get married (only joking) friends is best Smile
19-03-2016, 11:42 AM
I just had an almond latte and going to get a smoothie now Thumbsup