Lady Jane's and Jenny's Gorge Fest

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 5 Average
12-04-2016, 06:30 AM
RE: What did you eat today?
I attempted to make some banana nut muffins. I think they came out okay. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-04-2016, 06:34 AM
We made bibimbap last night. It was awesome Drooling

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
12-04-2016, 07:02 AM
(12-04-2016 06:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  We made bibimbap last night. It was awesome Drooling

I had to look that one up Wink It said traditional ones are made with raw meat and raw egg yolk. The recipe I looked up was vegetarian though--so none of that stuff Tongue
12-04-2016, 07:08 AM
(12-04-2016 07:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 06:34 AM)yakherder Wrote:  We made bibimbap last night. It was awesome Drooling

I had to look that one up Wink It said traditional ones are made with raw meat and raw egg yolk. The recipe I looked up was vegetarian though--so none of that stuff Tongue

When I've had it in Korea it was usually with pork and it's served in a stone or cast iron bowl so hot that, kind of like Vietnamese phở, it's assumed that it's going to cook in the bowl on it's own for a few minutes before you eat it so even though you add the egg and meat raw or partially cooked, you don't eat it raw.

We, however, did a more westernized, (octo) vegetarian version. We did have a fried egg on top rather than a raw one, and we used smoked kimchi seasoned tofu cubes instead of meat.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-04-2016, 03:55 PM
I went gluten free for a bit just to see. Some people swear by it. Still feel the same, didn't really notice anything earth shattering. But I'm not allergic to it, so I'm sure I would feel differently if I was. So I made myself a big bowl of pasta Drooling I missed you, pasta Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-04-2016, 05:01 PM
PB and J. Wee. Lol
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
12-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Pastrami Ruben Panini. It sucked. A Ruben should not be fucked with.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
12-04-2016, 05:08 PM
(12-04-2016 03:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I went gluten free for a bit just to see. Some people swear by it. Still feel the same, didn't really notice anything earth shattering. But I'm not allergic to it, so I'm sure I would feel differently if I was. So I made myself a big bowl of pasta Drooling I missed you, pasta Wink

It's like religion. If you believe in it enough and have faith, you may experience a placebo effect Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-04-2016, 05:15 PM
(12-04-2016 05:08 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-04-2016 03:55 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I went gluten free for a bit just to see. Some people swear by it. Still feel the same, didn't really notice anything earth shattering. But I'm not allergic to it, so I'm sure I would feel differently if I was. So I made myself a big bowl of pasta Drooling I missed you, pasta Wink

It's like religion. If you believe in it enough and have faith, you may experience a placebo effect Tongue

I have faith in FSM and enjoyed his noodly goodness Wink Because the pasta was cooked al dente, I will take that as a sign that FSM would like me to enjoy gluten from this day forth Wink
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
12-04-2016, 11:23 PM
(12-04-2016 05:08 PM)yakherder Wrote:  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease

Quote:Globally coeliac diseases affects between 1 in 100 and 1 in 170 people.[23][120] Rates, however, vary between different regions of the world from as few as 1 in 300 to as many as 1 in 40.

Quote:Due to variable signs and symptoms it is believed that about 85% of people affected are undiagnosed.

There is a small but significant population of people who really do have a problem with gluten. Definitely worth checking out if one displays the symptoms.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post